So far, Grooveshark serves a pretty great use (with the $9/pm add on, of course)..otherwise the only things I seem to find are monotonous weather apps.

What can I download for the 9900 to maximise my use of the phone? I only got the 9900 a few days ago, previously owning a Curve that had too little power in it to really make it useful for apps as such.

I'm also curious as to the future for this phone. I'd love to see exclusive 'next-gen' apps to make use of the phones power.
    10-13-11 03:21 PM
    Uh, Angry Farm?
    10-13-11 03:33 PM
    Wikitude is a pretty cool app. Its an augmented reality browser.
    10-13-11 03:34 PM
    Yeah, I tried that. I'm not sure it really serves much use to me unless I'm on holiday or something though, pretty cool however.
    10-13-11 03:36 PM
    I like Tunein radio, poynt, score mobile, blackberry traffic, blackberry travel, beweather, bebuzz, social feeds, meterberry, amazon mp3 store, capture it, bubble breaker, 3d rollercoaster rush jurassic 2, google talk, facebook, twitter, and opera mini for reading crackberry forums...many folks like tapatalk for that. There you have it for my phone...I also use blackberry protect, which is very good for backing up your device.
    mandir75 likes this.
    10-13-11 03:44 PM
    Gotta get that Rollercoaster 3D game. That's a MUST!! They made that basically for the 9900. It last pretty long to. I beat it in like 3weeks-month. (Played when I had time)
    10-13-11 08:21 PM
    Photo Studio
    Shortcut Me
    WhatsApp
    Facebook
    Bridge
    Bing Maps
    Score Mobile
    BofA
    IMO
    GoogleVoice
    Youmail Visual Voicemail
    Berryweather
    BBProtect
    BBTraffic
    BB Travel
    Ourgroceries
    Shootit
    Blackstar
    Wifi-manager
    Kayak
    Yelp
    Pinball Dlx
    AngryFarms
    Pandora
    VLC Remote control
    Fandango
    Poynt
    MyBBMBarcode
    DropBox or Sugarsync
    Shazam song ID
    Webex
    DeReset

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mandir75 likes this.
    10-13-11 08:51 PM
    #1 for me as always been quicklaunch, I couldn't function without that app
    10-13-11 09:07 PM
    Nice list jefo!

10-13-11 09:14 PM
    Some of mine are,
    Canada 411
    Solitare
    GPS ski maps
    Flashlight
    Google maps
    Whatsapp
    used to have Shazam
    plus a bunch of the ones already mentioned.
    10-13-11 09:23 PM
    Wow those are all great apps listed by the others.. But my new favorite is TeleNav GPS Plus. it works every bit as good as those damn Droids. You can just talk and tell it where to go and it has nice graphics that guide you thru your route along with voice guidance too. It's a must have.. Especially when you're traveling with Droid users that love to show off there nav systems.. Now we got it too! Just don't tell em you spent 10 bucks on it..

10-15-11 11:43 AM
    The one's I use the most...
    Poynt
    BlackBerry Protect
    UbiNav (I can't get TeleNav in Canada on Telus)
    BlackBerry Bridge
    BlackBerry Travel
    10-15-11 12:18 PM
    The one's I use the most...
    Poynt
    BlackBerry Protect
    UbiNav (I can't get TeleNav in Canada on Telus)
    BlackBerry Bridge
    BlackBerry Travel

Any others? I am going to pick up this phone this coming sunday. For all the 9900 users, if you swear by certain (non-battery draining) apps. Show us the way!
    11-02-11 04:55 PM
    Some of you dont have quicklaunch?!
    Quicklaunch, MyOwnIcons, MediaKeyBooster.
    11-02-11 05:00 PM
    11-02-11 05:02 PM
    socialscope!
    11-02-11 05:47 PM
    AP News
    e-office flashlight
    Drive Safe.ly

all free
    11-02-11 06:10 PM
    You know, I swore by QuickLaunch when I had a 9700. I just haven't found the need for it with the 9930. The fluid graphics and quick swipes through different screens made QuickLaunch unnecessary for me. It's really not the time saver it was for me on the older models. I'm open to being told otherwise, though. Is there something I'm missing?

Anyhow, my usual suspects:

BerryWeather
    BerryBuzz
    ScoreMobile
    MeterBerry
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Poynt
    Google Talk

Also, use:

eBay (Finally!)
    Fandango
    PageOnce
    BlackBerry News
    Wordpress
    Cnectd
    Amazon MP3
    Shazam
    Screen Muncher
    Menu Clock
    Groupon (but I might nix it)
    11-03-11 12:46 AM
    AP News
    e-office flashlight
    Drive Safe.ly

all free
    ...... Skype and Google Voice, I save a bunch in $ an minutes sending and receiving calls outside the US
    11-03-11 09:46 PM
    I like Tunein radio, poynt, score mobile, blackberry traffic, blackberry travel, beweather, bebuzz, social feeds, meterberry, amazon mp3 store, capture it, bubble breaker, 3d rollercoaster rush jurassic 2, google talk, facebook, twitter, and opera mini for reading crackberry forums...many folks like tapatalk for that. There you have it for my phone...I also use blackberry protect, which is very good for backing up your device.
    any where i can get some free ones..?
    11-03-11 11:24 PM
    Get Opera Mini 6.5 for your 9900. Awesome for use on the forums, because unlike the native BB browser (which has improved considerably), it doesn't work that well for Crackberry's forums.

You don't get that sort-of column view that Opera offers, which is great for perusing and especially replying to forum posts from your BlackBerry.

11-04-11 01:28 AM
    Get Opera Mini 6.5 for your 9900. Awesome for use on the forums, because unlike the native BB browser (which has improved considerably), it doesn't work that well for Crackberry's forums.

You don't get that sort-of column view that Opera offers, which is great for perusing and especially replying to forum posts from your BlackBerry.

What else can Opera Mini do? Because I already like Tapatalk for forum browsing.
    11-04-11 01:41 AM
    What else can Opera Mini do? Because I already like Tapatalk for forum browsing.
    Oh neat! I've heard, but not really have known what Tapatalk does. Does it have a free version?

If not, to answer your question about what else Opera Mini offers...um, it's free? That's all I got. Well, OM can load sites a bit quicker (as Opera's servers compress the site even further before sending them to you), but it doesn't do as good a job as the native in displaying complex websites.

11-04-11 01:55 AM
    You know, I swore by QuickLaunch when I had a 9700. I just haven't found the need for it with the 9930. The fluid graphics and quick swipes through different screens made QuickLaunch unnecessary for me. It's really not the time saver it was for me on the older models. I'm open to being told otherwise, though. Is there something I'm missing?

Anyhow, my usual suspects:

BerryWeather
    BerryBuzz
    ScoreMobile
    MeterBerry
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Poynt
    Google Talk

Also, use:

eBay (Finally!)
    Fandango
    PageOnce
    BlackBerry News
    Wordpress
    Cnectd
    Amazon MP3
    Shazam
    Screen Muncher
    Menu Clock
    Groupon (but I might nix it)
    Try macros in Shortcutme. Neither Blackberry ui nor any other app can do what macros in Shortcutme do.

I am using Nfclauncher and Shortcutme to do tons of stuff when I scan a tag.
    and the nice things about it is that I can program exactly what should happen when a tag is touched.
    11-04-11 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD