So now that the 9930 is almost here, ive been wondering whether to pay full price for it on Verizon or use my upgrade? The difference in price isnt worth using my upgrade and im assuming the qnx phone wont be 250 (rim will probably learn their mistake by then).

but then again, we have no idea when the qnx phones will be out, so theres that.

thoughts guys?
    08-06-11 01:56 AM
    I'm in the same boat as you but I've opted to use my upgrade cause I can't take the wait anymore. God knows when the QNX superphone will release and when it does release from what I have heard/read only one will release and we won't have the variety we have now. And I'm putting my money on a all touch QNX superphone giving me more of a reason to buy the Bold 9930. But this is just my opinion of course, I'm half asleep too. lol Zzzzzz
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

johnpaul13 likes this.
    08-06-11 02:07 AM
    Who knows how long qnx will take..so lets save up money until then
    08-06-11 02:26 AM
    There was a rumor that RIM will use the single core 1.2ghz processor in the OS 7 devices instead of the one in the Playbook due to battery life concerns. That would put it on a path to upgradability.

N4BB reports that its development was recently cancelled to focus on an upcoming QNX-based "superphone," said to feature a 1.2GHz single-core processor (same as on the Bold Touch 9900)
    RIM scraps 10-inch PlayBook to focus on QNX-powered superphone? -- Engadget
    08-06-11 02:37 AM
    Get the 99xx now and the QNX next year. BUT, if money is a problem and you really want QNX, you will need to wait. I suggest you stop reading this forum as that will be hard to do.
    08-06-11 05:52 AM
    I'm personally just waiting for the 9360. Bell has launched the last two curves at $50 with renewal, so I expect the new one to be the same.
    Of course, I plan to have the PlayBook for grunt work.

big_time2 likes this.
    08-06-11 05:56 AM
    I say get it now. We see the delays this phone has had so who knows when Qnx will arrive. I also live the current OS for daily tasks. Too many functional things missing on QNX for a daily driver phone. Love it on the Playbook though. Sure they will have it up to speed by then though
    08-06-11 05:57 AM
    RIM might not be around for QNX if they do not get the 9900 out soon enough (sarcasm). I would imagine the QNX blackberry to be similar to this bold with different guts. I wouldnt think it would be worth the wait considering the 9900's pure awesomeness, but to each his own. I'll be upgrading to QNX via my wife's discount next year anyways.
    08-06-11 05:58 AM
    Why must people torment themselves about QNX? It doesnt exsist yet. It isnt 6 months down the road.

It's the same as asking "Should I get the 9000 or the 9780?".
    08-06-11 06:03 AM
    If you have an upgrade to use now I would, then just save up for the next one. That's just me tho

08-06-11 07:07 AM
    First no one know what the QNX phones will be like and if it takes as long to port over to a phone from the playbook as it's taking to get the playbook completed a good QNX phone will not be aval for another year or better yet.
    08-06-11 08:00 AM
    I'm in the same position. I dont wanna buy the 9900 then find out Qnx phones will be out beginning of next year or so. But realistically the earliest a qnx will be out is end of next year right? I don't know what the best decision is...
    08-06-11 12:22 PM
    I'm in the same position. I dont wanna buy the 9900 then find out Qnx phones will be out beginning of next year or so. But realistically the earliest a qnx will be out is end of next year right? I don't know what the best decision is...
    Realistically speaking, i highly doubt that qnx will be out early of next year. You know how rim works don't you? when they launch something? they take a couple of months before it comes out. besides it'll be suicidal to release QNX phones and 9900 with so little a gap(assuming the new os7 devices are unable to update to qnx platform, which i highly suspect since qnx and java based devices are worlds apart).
    08-06-11 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD