Is there a way to get the protect data downloaded to my new 9900?

I know the data is out there, if I use the same BBID will it work? What I want to do is make it be the "old phone," download the stuff so I can
    copy it off, then restore my new phone.

Thanks all.
    04-22-13 06:28 PM
    Do you have a new blackberry that your trying to put the information on

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    04-23-13 12:08 PM
    No it's another 9900. Giving my wife the older one 'til she sees how she likes it.
    04-23-13 03:54 PM
    Is there a way to get the protect data downloaded to my new 9900?

I know the data is out there, if I use the same BBID will it work? What I want to do is make it be the "old phone," download the stuff so I can
    copy it off, then restore my new phone.

Thanks all.
    Yes, once you sign in with your BBID you can restore the data from BlackBerry Protect.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 05:11 PM
    Yes, once you sign in with your BBID you can restore the data from BlackBerry Protect.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm. The issue I have is the new 9900 has a different BBID. I didn't brick the old phone before giving to my wife. When I tried to use it on this phone it kept telling me that BBID was already in use ?!?! (because of different PINs???)

Any ideas?

Seth
    04-25-13 09:04 AM
    Hmmm. The issue I have is the new 9900 has a different BBID. I didn't brick the old phone before giving to my wife. When I tried to use it on this phone it kept telling me that BBID was already in use ?!?! (because of different PINs???)

Any ideas?

Seth
    Each phone needs a separate BBID. If you wanted to restore the backup from your old 9900, you would need to put the same BBID on the new phone, which means security wiping the old phone and putting a new BBID on it. You can do a security wipe on the old that will leave the programs and just erase the user data. Any programs that require license keys will need the license keys reentered.

The confusion some people make is that changing the email of a BBID, doesn't actually change the BBID associated to the phone, just the email of the BBID. When switching phones, if you want to retain your old BBID, you need to security wipe the phone.

If you have already put a new BBID on the new phone, you will have to security wipe that phone as well in order to put your old BBID on it.
    04-25-13 09:21 AM
    you will have to make a bbid for your wife

once you enter your bbid, bb services related to your account will be terminated on the old phone and started on the new one

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    04-25-13 09:56 AM