Hey, my Blackberry USB works fine when i attach it to the wall charger. So I can get my phone to charge fine. But when I use the USB with my computer, it wont detect it and I get a message on my phone saying it wont work. Is this something with my phone or my computer? Does anybody else have this problem?
    02-04-12 01:55 PM
    Hey, my Blackberry USB works fine when i attach it to the wall charger. So I can get my phone to charge fine. But when I use the USB with my computer, it wont detect it and I get a message on my phone saying it wont work. Is this something with my phone or my computer? Does anybody else have this problem?
    You need to download the proper drivers for your device. The BlackBerry Desktop Software has them, but then you are downloading that whole suite for charging. I recommend searching for USB and Modem drivers for BlackBerry on google. That will get you the minimum needed to charge.
    02-04-12 02:11 PM
    I occasionally get a message telling me the USB connection is insufficient to charge the device. If I unplug it and reconnect it it's fine.
    02-04-12 02:33 PM
    How old is your computer? It's been a while, but I remember something about old USB ports not providing ample power. I've also seen issues with cables. Try another cable, try a powered USB port, try another computer, try downloading the drivers.
    02-04-12 03:07 PM
    I remember reading something about USB 2.0 and earlier, some of the ports before 2.0 don't provide enough power for newer gadgets
    02-04-12 10:02 PM
    Some usb ports also power down after a certain interval as a power savings mode. Check in device manager.
    02-04-12 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD