Thanks for your replies guys. Ill just go ahead and talk to the car dealer that sold me my truck... Maybe they can figure something out. In the meantime, ill just use my oem BB charger that plugs into the cig port. I just really wanted that usb port to work just in case someone wants to charge their phone in my truck or whatever the reason might be...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-12 06:20 PM
    Also, I'm having the same problem with the 9860. It won't let me charge through a wall charger with the charge which shipped with the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-12 08:34 AM
    @ the OP. Instead of screwing around with a USB cable and heeding advice (bad) about engineering screens, neither of which are supported by RIM, get the RIM OEM car charger - which is - and you will not experience any more charging issues. That USB port in your car is generic and will not work on over 50% of the USB charge enabled devices out there.

Why? Because the OEM charger is as big as a mobile phone from 1990. That's why!
    01-20-12 10:49 AM
    This problem resolved for me when I upgraded to leaked 1.0.205.
    01-20-12 12:12 PM
    I am having the same issue with my BB Bold. I use the cord that came with my BB and it works fine with my computer. Therefore; the issue cannot be with the power output because I'm sure I get more power from my car than from my laptop. Interesting discovery - I used a different plug adapter other than the one that came with my BB (I'm talking about the piece that plugs into the wall). I got the same message.
    Conclusion - Blackberry has figured out a way to try to force us to buy their car adapter. Pretty shady.
    If you know of a solution, please post. Telling me to try plugging it into a wall is not advice. My car does not have walls or a power adapter. Suggesting to buy a new adapter is also not solving the problem.
    10-01-12 06:50 PM
    This is the response on BB Site:
    This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available
    Workaround
    In order for the BlackBerry smartphone to be detected, please perform the following:
    While connected to the USB cable or wall charger, please disconnect the BlackBerry smartphone.
    Reconnect the BlackBerry smartphone to the USB cable or wall charger.
    It may take several attempts of disconnecting and reconnecting the BlackBerry smartphone to the USB cable or wall charger before it is properly detected.
    10-01-12 06:57 PM
    Why do people make it so difficult, a solution has been given that requires spending no money by go to the engineering screen and enable the Force 500.
    10-01-12 11:07 PM
    i'm not sure if this has been said or not, but most of the USB ports in cars now adays, are connect to the stereo (for ipod or MP3 or USB flash drive), and don't offer a power large enough to activate the charge cycle on a phone.

some, in fords case, are for nav map updates or EUC updates/Flash. And most of the time thee have power but only when activated with a ODB2 Code reader or some special function.

now when it comes to activing the charge cycle on a 9900 i've used a 350mA charger (bluetooth charger) it does work but its hit and miss, as well i have also had a 2A charger work with my phone. so its really hit and miss with what works and doesn't with your phone. for USB 12v, i tend to stick with the 1A charger simply because its not much over a OE charge rate.

USB adapters can be found all over the net. i've got several different ones from places, but i've found monoprice.com the cheapest. right now i have about a dozen ranging from 500mA to 2.1A all 12v and a couple 120v to USB
    10-02-12 12:07 AM
    I bought a 4 dollar car charger and just take my BB USB with me
    11-13-12 01:46 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD