I love to use the charging pod, but with my OtterBox Defender case, I can't do that. So I charge my phone every night using the USB port.

How many of you think that USB connection port is too strong? I mean when I try to unplug every morning, I feel like I am going to break the phone in order to get it the charging cable off. It is too tight. Is this normal or do I have a defective charging port something? What do you think the USB port connection on the phone?
    09-02-11 10:56 AM
    Mine is very tight as well, a little worried that a pin might break or something.
    mssca likes this.
    09-02-11 11:00 AM
    Oh... man... come on RIM. In order for me to have this phone at least two years before I sell this, it has to work well and not break. Thank you guys for the reply.
    09-02-11 11:08 AM
    i have 2 right now. one for my and one for my brother to come pick up. and they both are extremely tight. i actually used another cable from another phone and it wasnt as tight.
    Can I buy a cable without those clips (small mental pins that comes out of the side of the connector) from somewhere? I check BestBuy and I can't find one??
    09-02-11 11:10 AM
    mine is tight too. But that is how micro USB is. My fiancee has a LG Android and her micro USB is the same. ( I know, Android traitor)
    mssca likes this.
    09-02-11 11:21 AM
    Just wanted to add that this is my first phone with a micro USB, my 8330 had the mini USB, so if like Dada says is true, than hopefully no one will see any problems.
    09-02-11 11:33 AM
    i have 2 right now. one for my and one for my brother to come pick up. and they both are extremely tight. i actually used another cable from another phone and it wasnt as tight.
    I noticed this with mine too. I still have a 9700 charger at work, and I have the premium charger for my PlayBook. They seem to be less "tight" when I charge up my 9900.
    09-02-11 07:37 PM
    Mine is tight too I thing all phones should have a better design than the micro usb. I have sent more devices back for port issues than any other issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-11 07:44 PM
    Pick up an after market micro usb cord. They're not all tight. Walmart/target etc. or use the pod even better yet. You guys with cases then...??
    09-02-11 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD