Anyone else noticing the USB charger buzzing or making noises when plugged in?
    09-08-11 01:30 AM
    i never had such issue on any of my BB.
    this is the first of its kind.
    change the USB cable
    if it continues, replace your phone.
    09-08-11 02:25 AM
    i never had such issue on any of my BB.
    this is the first of its kind.
    change the USB cable
    if it continues, replace your phone.
    09-08-11 02:44 AM
    What exactly is buzzing? The device? The pod that plugs into the wall outlet? Are you using the OEM USB charger that came with the 99XX?
    09-08-11 02:50 AM
    my gf doesn't hear it... but i do... i THINK its one of those things where only 10% of people hear it.... like the tv... some people can tell its on without any volume coming from the speakers... when i had a dog, it wouldn't sleep next to the charger... ever... its super high pitched....

it sounds like... little baby crickets talking to each other...

your charger is fine...
    09-08-11 06:44 AM
    Anyone else noticing the USB charger buzzing or making noises when plugged in?
    yep. it's the charger that buzzes. it all started when they switched to the stubbie square usb chargers. the old ones never buzzed.

my curve 3g, bold 9780, and bold 9900 usb chargers all buzzed.
    09-08-11 08:23 AM
    My OEM charger (flip out style) buzzes for my 9700 also, it always has! My girlfriend can also hear it, but very faintly. The buzzing stopps when the phone is plugged in. I have always just assumed it is the DC converter within the charger making noise when there is no load on it.
    Just a guess though.
    09-08-11 10:50 AM
    It is in fact the A/C to USB adapter I was referring to. Was just wondering how common it was. It's not a huge concern, I've had experience with other (cheap / poor quality) battery chargers / adapters that do the same thing. Incidentally I did exchange my phone today for a new one for other reasons, and the power adapter that came with the new one has something rattling around inside, kinda concerned about that lol.
    09-08-11 09:41 PM
    never noticed it. are you plugged to a headset or speaker?
    09-08-11 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD