cuz i dont have a case/screen protector yet lol. this phone just looks so nice i dont want anything 2 happen to it (dont judge me lol).

but im curious as to what kinda cases u guys are using and will a screen protector affect the touchscreen function?

need some advice on the best kind to get.....

appreciate all the help in advance.....

08-25-11 12:31 PM
    I've had mine for over a week. I use the stock holster that comes with the phone. I've not a big fan of screen protectors so I'm not using one currently. The holster that comes with it is actually very nice, works fine for me. Enjoy your phone!
    JUSTQUAN2 and robby001 like this.
    08-25-11 12:33 PM
    I got mine today and I'm going out clubbing in a moment. I am using the holster it came with as well as the screen protector it came with
    08-25-11 12:35 PM
    cuz i dont have a case/screen protector yet lol. this phone just looks so nice i dont want anything 2 happen to it (dont judge me lol).

but im curious as to what kinda cases u guys are using and will a screen protector affect the touchscreen function?

Congrats.
    One of two things will happen when you actually do use the phone:
    1) You will love it and post about your new love here on CB, on which case you will be flamed by the iFans.
    2) You will hate it and you will announce here that you are going to get the IP4 or Android in which case us BB fans will flame you.
    Either way don't let me deter you, go fire up the bad boy, get protection later .In other situations they could be famous last words.
    Deu2e and funnykindel like this.
    08-25-11 12:41 PM
    I've had mine for over a week. I use the stock holster that comes with the phone. I've not a big fan of screen protectors so I'm not using one currently. The holster that comes with it is actually very nice, works fine for me. Enjoy your phone!

yeah i was kinda shocked at the quality of the holster that came with it (im due for a new one anyway). my only concern is that it wont fit once i get a hard case.

I got mine today and I'm going out clubbing in a moment. I am using the holster it came with as well as the screen protector it came with

uh oh. be careful. ive heard some HORROR stories about phones in clubs lol.

Congrats.
    One of two things will happen when you actually do use the phone:
    1) You will love it and post about your new love here on CB, on which case you will be flamed by the iFans.
    2) You will hate it and you will announce here that you are going to get the IP4 or Android in which case us BB fans will flame you.
    Either way don't let me deter you, go fire up the bad boy, get protection later .In other situations they could be famous last words.

oh i could care less about the naysayers (why would they come on this forum anyway? never understood that *shrugs*). im a blackberry fan. this is my 3rd model and its the only smartphone ive ever owned.

lol @ #2.

and why does "get protection later" just not sound right? lmao

08-25-11 12:54 PM

Don't be scared!! Enjoy it! Just make sure to get a screen protector ASAP. )
    08-25-11 12:56 PM
    Don't be scared!! Enjoy it! Just make sure to get a screen protector ASAP. )

cool. so there's not a big difference in the response with a screen protector on?

or is it?

08-25-11 01:03 PM
    cool. so there's not a big difference in the response with a screen protector on?

or is it?

Its not the front screen I'm worried about, but the battery cover. Complete scratch magnet
    08-25-11 01:18 PM
    I just now got it from ups yep it rocks!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-11 01:29 PM
    screen protectors doesnt affect anything. im rocking mine bare skin and ofcourse a screen protector. i had bought a case for it from ebay which i decided not to use...this phone is too beautiful to use with a phone cover. i take very good care of my phones..so for now im just using it on the holster it came with..but 90% of time its either in my hands or on my desk next to me
    08-25-11 01:30 PM
    I don't I know like my phone clean solid no skin no nothing

08-25-11 01:32 PM
    I had my 9780 fully armoured with Seidio Innocase and Invisishield on the screen.
    But the 9780 had a cheap plastic screen. From what I can tell, the 9900 has the same scratch resistant glass that the PlayBook has, and I've had no problems with scratches on the PlayBook.
    I've decided to go totally naked with the 9900 and just use the stock holster.

I'll let you know if disaster strikes, but the 9900 feels pretty rugged.
    08-25-11 01:38 PM
    If it makes you feel any better, you will end up getting scratches on the trackpad and back plate, even with a pocket pouch.

08-25-11 01:40 PM
    this is my 1st ever blackberry im gonna use naked...its too nice...no cover here!
    08-25-11 01:41 PM
    Going with a bodyglove case (kind of like a soft rubber skin) with no screen protector - the glass is pretty scratch proof - just watch out for sand/sugar and keys...lol
    08-25-11 03:03 PM
    The only screen protector I would bother with is a privacy screen protector. If you don't need that just use the phone and enjoy it.
    08-25-11 03:08 PM
    i got an otterbox commuter case off amazon for mine, came with the screen protector as well. It feels indestructible.
    08-25-11 03:14 PM
    I use the BB leather pouch and a ghost armor screen protector. Great combination!
    08-25-11 04:30 PM
    Actually....the back stickers are easy to keep on so that will last you a while. The front sticker, I took a very small pair of scissors and snipped the top flap so it doesn't get caught on anything. Voila...stock screen and back savers until you get something else. Oh..and the stock case is just fine. It doesn't offer full protection but again...quite good until you get something else.
    08-25-11 04:41 PM
    Love my Otterbox commuter series case. Search for my review, it has quite a few pictures.

08-25-11 05:30 PM
    [QUOTE=otis supreme;6614174]yeah i was kinda shocked at the quality of the holster that came with it (im due for a new one anyway). my only concern is that it wont fit once i get a hard case.

I was reading a thread where it seemed the case/holster differed amongst carriers. Your profile says Sprint; has it got a clip on it? Or is it nice and slim... I hope there is no clip. I like really the old clipless slip holster like my 8330 had.

edit: never mind... I just saw some unboxing on youtube, and I clearly saw a clip. Bummer. I did surgery on one that turned out ok... we'll see.
    Last edited by eninrebmun; 08-25-11 at 05:55 PM. Reason: update for anyone who cares
    08-25-11 05:40 PM
    I have an Otterbox Commuter on mine which came with a screen protector that I can't tell is there. I did like the holster it came with but it seemed to always press one button or another on its way into it. I'll use that for those rare occasions when I need to carry it 'on' me instead of in my purse. The Otterbox Commuter feels light with just the right balance of thinness and protection.
    08-25-11 07:11 PM

I got my Sprint Bold 9930 the day it came out (I was the 1st person to buy one at the BlackBerry Store that day) I bought a nice BlackBerry soft plastic case for the back of the device (the carbon fiber/plastic backing would be too easy to mar if you accidently stuck the phone in your pocket and your keys were in there) Normally I just put my phone in my left pocket (making sure it's clean and empty)
    08-25-11 07:31 PM
    I activated it as soon as I got it and I don't have a case. I'm just extremely cautious about it and you should be too for $250.

08-25-11 07:37 PM
    Its not the front screen I'm worried about, but the battery cover. Complete scratch magnet

exactly. believe me, im definitely gettin a hard case 4 it.
    08-25-11 11:51 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD