okay so last night in prep for upgrading to the z10 today i backed up my wifes old 9700 and loaded her stuff on it i did a wipe and had her log into the 9900 and all seemed fine, the sim card didnt work so we we would just get a new one in the morning along with the new phone, well for some reason the trackpad would just stop working or not scroll if you held down ALT and tryed to hit the numbers it wouldnt do it unless you pressed and released alt it would do numbers and when you hit the sleep/wake button it would flash on and off, iv never had one single issue and not even a battery pull worked so i have no clue how it was fine for me then doing a swap from me to her changed it all, I need help
    04-19-13 09:49 PM
    This sounds like a software issue I recommend you plug your phone into your computer and open out blackberry device manager and re install the os .

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    Support your local paramedics...Run with scissors.
    MrNerdNet likes this.
    04-19-13 09:52 PM
    had the same issue happen to me when i updated from my 9800 to 9900. I had to reload the OS on the 9800 after i wiped it I'm not sure if it was the wipe that caused the problem, but reloading the OS fixed the issue

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    MrNerdNet likes this.
    04-19-13 10:23 PM
    Thanks I'll have the day Sunday to do it. I just felt horrible lie thinking I did something wrong and gave a broken phone to my wife. Load off my mind that it's fixable
    04-20-13 08:32 AM
    This sounds like a software issue I recommend you plug your phone into your computer and open out blackberry device manager and re install the os .

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    Support your local paramedics...Run with scissors.
    Suppose this person doesn't have a computer: then what??? One of the reasons I have a smartphone is my not having a computer....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    MrNerdNet likes this.
    04-20-13 08:17 PM
    Suppose this person doesn't have a computer: then what??? One of the reasons I have a smartphone is my not having a computer....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I'm sure if you really need to you can find a computer.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    MrNerdNet likes this.
    04-21-13 10:00 PM
    Thanks I'll have the day Sunday to do it. I just felt horrible lie thinking I did something wrong and gave a broken phone to my wife. Load off my mind that it's fixable
    Did you manage to get your 9900 on 'its feet again'?
    After you reinstall the OS, don't do the full backup recovery. Just take the option to choose which items from backup you want to recover, and then thick the vital ones, as messages, contacts, or saved WiFi profiles. Do not recover any applications, install them again from BB World.
    MrNerdNet likes this.
    04-22-13 07:51 AM
    the 9900 is back on its feet and its all running, i re-installed the os and then backed up messages contacts. wificalling turned back on, didnt even realize it was off till it came on after it was all done. Thanks all for the help
    04-22-13 11:43 AM
    Award. For the longest run-on sentence
    04-22-13 12:49 PM