Hey Guys & Girls,

I upgraded my 9930 to 7.1 and i lost some of my contacts. When a contact call i see their number but not their name. When i look at the call log their name is there though. Has anyone had this happen to them?
    01-12-12 10:07 PM
    I've not noticed this on my 9900 running 7.1

Are those contacts still in your contact list but just not showing their name when they call, or have they gone completely?
    01-12-12 10:15 PM
    For these contacts, are there duplicates in your contact book?

I noticed for a number of my contacts that they were in there multiple times - with variations on their address, or other notes that i put in there over time.

This was I think caused by me using both Google Sync, and the BIS contact book syncing i somehow switched on.

After i removed both the Google Sync and the contact syncing, i never spotted this issue again.

This was on 7.0, btw, have not seen this happen after OTA upgrading to 7.1
    01-13-12 12:01 PM
    I was missing a contact as well... Not sure what the issue was, but I blame it on Google Sync. Don't really know where else something could have gone wrong.
    01-13-12 12:24 PM
    Yeah it is only for some of my newer contacts. They show up in my call log, but not my address book or in my caller ID when receiving or making calls.

Its is a bummer. Anyone found a solution yet?

Thanks
    01-13-12 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD