I have a Bold 9650, my upgrade is in february, but i have a line that is eligible now and use their upgrade when its available.

-First Q, When will it be released on Verizon (around)

-Second Q, I switched to the iphone for a week and returned it because i missed bbm and didnt want to sacrifice BB's messaging power for multimedia experience on the iPhone. I was planning on switching to the iPhone in february in aticipation that it will have bbm which it wont. I want to switch off blackberry and go iphone or android but i just love bb. Will the 9900 fulfill things that the iPhone and other android phones do? like will their be lag while streaming a video, screen quality, quickness of the phone.....

Should i get the bold 9900 or wait til something else comes out either another bb or a different platform?
    05-20-11 10:18 AM
    1) Nobody knows yet

2) Nobody knows yet

Make your own decision when the time is right.
    05-20-11 11:39 AM
    I'd wait. FWIW, I just went to the VZW website and they're practically giving the older models away. Example the Bold 9650 is $30 w/ a new contract, a CPO Tour is $.01. This tells me that they're looking to unload old inventory to make room for something new (i.e 993/9900)
    05-20-11 04:49 PM
    I just went and looked myself, how or why is the 9330 more expensive than the 9650?
    05-20-11 05:29 PM
    I just went and looked myself, how or why is the 9330 more expensive than the 9650?
    Not being replaced quite as quickly as the Bold 9650 would seem the most obvious reason.

Jason
    05-20-11 10:22 PM
    I'd wait. FWIW, I just went to the VZW website and they're practically giving the older models away. Example the Bold 9650 is $30 w/ a new contract, a CPO Tour is $.01. This tells me that they're looking to unload old inventory to make room for something new (i.e 993/9900)
    You're right, that's a relatively recent development.

Of course I'm just speculating, but in the past I don't think it's been long between a reduction like this on a current phone and the release of a replacement (month at most).

I can upgrade in July, I'm hopeful the new Bold will be out by then.
    05-21-11 06:48 AM
    As far as specs on the new Bold 9930, it'll have a 1.2Ghz processor, 768MB of memory and an internal 8GB for media (with a microSDHC card slot up to 32GB, which I assume, Verizon would at least include a 4-8 GB card already installed. Liquid graphics for smooth tocuhscreen UI and augmentented reality and a magnometer, so it'll be THE best pimped up BlackBerry ever! With a 2.8" screen, the 480x640 resolution would be comaprable to iphone's res on a bigger screen. MY only problem with Verizon(I'm with Sprint) is few weeks ago I went into a Verizon store and asked if they had any info on the Bold 9930, and they tried steering me to an iphone4, saying "We're not really pushing BlackBerrys anymore, if you're paying $30.00 data fees, I'd go with an iphone". So has a Sprint customer who was already told that a "BlackBerry touchscreen like device will be on Sprint this summer" by a Sprint rep, I REALLY don't have a clue where Verizon stands on the Bold 9930, hopefully ALL big 3 carriers and T-Mo will relase it end of June, 1st week of July.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-11 08:16 AM
    I second what Phil_UK said, but I would wait until it's release to make the decision. If you are torn between the iPhone and this device, well, the kicker for me is the keyboard. If you have no preference on the keyboards, I would wait until the newer iPhone comes out and compare the newer one to the Bold 9930.

Correct me if I am wrong but they are saying that the new iPhone comes out in september is it? Or November? Not sure on that , so don't quote me on it, but one thing for sure is that when the new iPhone does come out, this phone will be out for a while and we will know a lot more about it.
    05-21-11 09:22 AM
    I can't wait for Verizion to launch this phone too, I think T-mo will be the one who launch first. Thinking of switching, because Verizon sucks in the area that I spend most of my time at.
    05-21-11 10:55 AM
    I can't wait for Verizion to launch this phone too, I think T-mo will be the one who launch first. Thinking of switching, because Verizon sucks in the area that I spend most of my time at.

I think T-mobile is releasing it last since it's releasing it in August, well at least I'm hopeful they are at least after Verizon.
    05-21-11 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD