I got my Tour the first day they were released (first Blackberry) - LOVE IT - have had zero problems with it - but the new Bold looks pretty nice - any reason why I shouldn't jump to this one? (anyone already made this move and regret it?)
    Thanks
    09-16-11 12:51 PM
    The majority of people I know who have it, if not all, love this phone. You will always hear of issues on forums, but rarely hear of anyone that regrets buying this. Only ones regret buying it are those that want it to work like an iPhone or Android, which it does not. For me, it is much better for how I use it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-11 01:20 PM
    You will love this phone over the tour! Is is quicker and the keyboard is the best yet. I am having great battery life but some are saying different and I am a heavy user.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-16-11 01:40 PM
    The Bold is an upgrade in every department. I regret nothing and I moved from a 9650.

09-16-11 01:40 PM
    The Bold is an upgrade in every department. I regret nothing and I moved from a 9650.

*almost every department, depending on if he uses the camera for close up pics, if so he's going to miss auto focus from the tour

09-16-11 01:44 PM
    No brainer. Upgrade to the 9930 and the world will be a different/better place.
    09-16-11 04:26 PM
    I upgraded from a Tour, and it has been a wonderful phone. I love my 9930.

09-16-11 05:59 PM
    Yeah, I upgraded from the Tour on Sprint and I couldn't be happier.
    09-16-11 06:00 PM
    As long as you don't mind the slightly larger footprint the Bold is leaps over the Tour. Don't think you'd regret.
    09-16-11 06:16 PM
    I had a Tour which I loved, and once I got my hands on the 9930 I must say it is a better phone in every way but one....

Now, most people might not agree with me, but I for one loved the Trackball over the Trackpad any day. To me, the ball was easier to navigate both faster and more accurate. It did have downsides though such as it getting dirty or damaged and needing replacement. I still miss it though!
    09-16-11 06:43 PM
    I got my Tour the first day they were released (first Blackberry) - LOVE IT - have had zero problems with it - but the new Bold looks pretty nice - any reason why I shouldn't jump to this one? (anyone already made this move and regret it?)
    Thanks
    I upgraded from my Sprint Curve 8330 the same day the Bold 9930 was released on Sprint and couldn't be happier. Its like Dorothy leaving a black and white Kansas to arrive in technicolor Oz. You'll be very happy with the Bold 9930.

09-16-11 07:50 PM

Don't miss the camera on the 9650?
    09-16-11 08:06 PM
    Now, most people might not agree with me, but I for one loved the Trackball over the Trackpad any day. To me, the ball was easier to navigate both faster and more accurate. It did have downsides though such as it getting dirty or damaged and needing replacement. I still miss it though!
    I was wondering about this. I bought my 8900 with Trackball and I love it. Never had a problem with it. Funny, I bought my phone in summer 2009 and by the end of that year Blackberry switched to the trackpad. Tried them and don't really like them. I am sure there are benefits. But looking forward to the new browswer, keyboard and OS on the 9900 when AT&T gets it.

09-16-11 08:24 PM
    Don't miss the camera on the 9650?
    Nope, the edof camera is the ****

zanix likes this.
    09-16-11 08:44 PM
    I switched from the Tour (9630) also and never looking back. Took me only a day to get used to the trackpad and a few days to get used to the "wider" keyboard. Build of the phone is awesome!!!!!

I can't put my phone down!

09-16-11 09:05 PM
    I too got the Tour the day it came out. I was the second one to buy it in the store that morning. I loved it and never had issues. I recently got the 9930 and it has been flawless so far. The touch screen is a nice feature, and the new keyboard is awesome. This is a great phone. Get it and love it.
    09-16-11 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD