Hi there,

Back in September of 2011 I purchased a Curve 9360 on a Telus student 35 3 year plan. This is my first BlackBerry (actually first smartphone) and have enjoyed it, however I am finding now that I don't like some things. The Battery life is awful, by mid-day on just 3G it's down to around 50% and on Wifi I have to charge at least twice a day. The keyboard is a bit too small for my liking and the phone sometimes feels like it's going to fall apart. It's been slowing down lately, and the Facebook app in particular is just absolute crap.

I'm looking into upgrading to the Bold 9900 on Telus, and am curious whether it's worth doing or not. I've heard the keyboard is amazing and it would be great to have the touch-screen. I'd just like some input whether switching to the Bold would be a good idea or if I wouldn't see much difference.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Canadian737; 03-04-12 at 09:52 PM.
    03-04-12 06:13 PM
    I am planning to do the same actually, but I don't know whether I should.
    03-04-12 07:25 PM
    The Bold 9900 is a fantastic phone. The plus side to having the Bold 9900 is the processor is 1.2GHz compared to 0.8 GHz processor which makes the browsing experience much faster and more effortless. The keypad on the Bold in my opinion, is better since it is spread out on a bigger phone than the smaller Curve. I would buy the Bold simply because it is the "smarter" of the two smartphones. Hope this helps!
    Canadian737 likes this.
    03-04-12 07:35 PM
    But of course you still have the Same or more dead battery at the end of the day.

I really love a lot about my 9900 but the battery/life with one charge is really awfully bad :/
    03-04-12 07:39 PM
    My battery is pretty good but I just got the 9930 a week ago. I was in a similar upgrade and I am so happy that chose to pull the trigger.
    03-04-12 09:37 PM
    Thanks for the input, sounds good. I'm still debating whether to upgrade to the Bold or go to Android (don't hate!) However I think I'd miss too many things about BlackBerry (keyboard, LED, bbm, social feeds etc) to switch over. The thing that is really annoying me right now is the Facebook application, and how it almost never logs me in or out, and is very slow and sometimes refuses to load anything, and I usually have to refresh manually to get new notifications. When it works it's a blast, but I'm afraid getting it to work is a pain.
    Perhaps I've gone a bit off topic, but does anybody else have this much trouble with the Facebook app, and/or does anybody think that the 3.0 that's in Beta will be much better?
    03-04-12 09:51 PM
    Thanks for the input, sounds good. I'm still debating whether to upgrade to the Bold or go to Android (don't hate!) However I think I'd miss too many things about BlackBerry (keyboard, LED, bbm, social feeds etc) to switch over. The thing that is really annoying me right now is the Facebook application, and how it almost never logs me in or out, and is very slow and sometimes refuses to load anything, and I usually have to refresh manually to get new notifications. When it works it's a blast, but I'm afraid getting it to work is a pain.
    Perhaps I've gone a bit off topic, but does anybody else have this much trouble with the Facebook app, and/or does anybody think that the 3.0 that's in Beta will be much better?
    I've been a bb user going back to the 8130 days. I thought for a minute about maybe looking at the iphone, I would never go to android. But I love having an actual keyboard and the 9930 keyboard in my opinion can't be beat. The touchscreen is great as well and the device overall is amazing, fast and very responsive. As for Facebook, I'm running the new beta and I have no problems at all. Maybe u should try deleting and re-loading it.
    03-04-12 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD