I believe you have made your choice even though you may not have been aware of it.

You wrote, 'I hate texting on my iPhone.'

The 9900 keyboard is brilliant and you won't regret it. Nothing comes close to a physical keyboard.
    09-11-11 11:57 AM
    I left my 9700 for iphone 4, I'm lucky in the respect that I have two sims on the same number so can keep two phones going without any sim swapping hassle.

I dropped my 9700 to spare and went live with the iphone 4, and I've loved it since then but never got over the typing on screen keyboard and never realised how much I avoided typing sms and emails on the phone till I tried out the 9900. Since switching my main phone to the 9900 and putting the iphone 4 to spare It made me realise how much I had stopped enjoying using the phone as a phone. The keyboard on this baby is a pleasure to use and imho far better than any bb since the old 9000 and I'm loving my bb again for the first time in 2 years. I sure miss some of the apps and facilities on my iphone plus having used the ios5 beta for the last couple months its certainly been a step in the right direction but the signal reception has been a real problem recently and switching back to my bb has reminded me of all the reasons I stuck with bb for the last 5 years up until the iphone. Sure I'm going to get the iphone 5 but I really don't think its going to get back into my main phone.

The iphone has a lot of features I'd never like to loose and wouldn't want to give up but for the seruous business user who really makes a lot of calls, emails and texts then their is only one choice and despite thinking I wouldn't find any use for the touch screen on a full qwerty device its amazing how many times I use the screen instead of the trackball. If you use your phone for personal use and love playing games the iphone is a clear winner (out of the two choices given) but if you need a reliable phone for business use and especially looking at the number of texts you send then its a clear winnder for the bb.

Hope you enjoy which ever choice you make.

Kev

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 12:32 PM
    I'm lucky in the respect that I have two sims on the same number so can keep two phones going without any sim swapping hassle.

I would very much like to know how you achieved this? Been trying to research ways of doing this myself for a while and keep hitting dead ends.
    09-11-11 12:42 PM
    I'm with orange UK and they offer a service to business customers called everyphone which gives you a second sim card. You can choose which phone rings first and both phones give the same outgoing caller I'd. Both sims get the answerphone notification but the second sim keeps it's real number for SMS which is the only real downer. I use the blackberry all week with the iphone as backup, then weekends I switch to the iPhone and turning the bb off sends all calls to the iPhone. With the bb I use an app that can divert calls and SMS so I set that this way I still get my texts but I can't reply till I get home to my bb, or I just ring people back if it's urgent.

I understand Voda do this in the UK to, they supply a second sim for data use which has the same number.

The orange every phone service is really meant for car phone kits, they only send a 2g sim but I managed to get a nice customer service rep to post me a 3G one and do a sim swap so now I can use smartphones on both sims, you can also ring up and change which phone rings first whenever you like. It let's me try out a new phone or even forward without jeopardising missing an important call. Orange charge �30 to set it up and �3 per month for the service, everything you do on the second sim appears on your main bill as if you had done it on you main one, ive even managed to get bb bis service and roaming on the second sim despite that taking a lot of calls to find the right rep to do the favour as your not meant to be able to do it.

Kev
    09-11-11 01:43 PM
    I do, too. The 9300 3G would last a few days of my use without charging, the 99XX I have lasts about 1 day.

I have both. But, I do wish the battery on the 9900 would last longer. I do the same things on my iPhone [of course except BlackBerry Messenger], and the battery will last almost two days. On the 9900, I MUST charge it at least once a day...
    09-11-11 02:05 PM
    I'm with orange UK and they offer a service to business customers called everyphone which gives you a second sim card. You can choose which phone rings first and both phones give the same outgoing caller I'd. Both sims get the answerphone notification but the second sim keeps it's real number for SMS which is the only real downer. I use the blackberry all week with the iphone as backup, then weekends I switch to the iPhone and turning the bb off sends all calls to the iPhone. With the bb I use an app that can divert calls and SMS so I set that this way I still get my texts but I can't reply till I get home to my bb, or I just ring people back if it's urgent.

I understand Voda do this in the UK to, they supply a second sim for data use which has the same number.

The orange every phone service is really meant for car phone kits, they only send a 2g sim but I managed to get a nice customer service rep to post me a 3G one and do a sim swap so now I can use smartphones on both sims, you can also ring up and change which phone rings first whenever you like. It let's me try out a new phone or even forward without jeopardising missing an important call. Orange charge �30 to set it up and �3 per month for the service, everything you do on the second sim appears on your main bill as if you had done it on you main one, ive even managed to get bb bis service and roaming on the second sim despite that taking a lot of calls to find the right rep to do the favour as your not meant to be able to do it.

Kev
    Nifty. North American carriers could learn a thing or two. This would be a great way to share data from one contract between a smart phone and tablet. Of course, they look at that as a profit loss and prefer (force) we purchase contract add ons like data share plans for these things, or even separate contracts all together...

I'm still amazed when I hear most carriers in the U.S. block tethering or mobile hot spot features. After all, we're paying for the data why should they have a say over how its used or what device uses it? At here in Canada Rogers allows you to tether or hot spot (so long as you have a minimum 1 gb per month plan)...
    09-11-11 02:25 PM
    Nifty. North American carriers could learn a thing or two. This would be a great way to share data from one contract between a smart phone and tablet. Of course, they look at that as a profit loss and prefer (force) we purchase contract add ons like data share plans for these things, or even separate contracts all together...

I'm still amazed when I hear most carriers in the U.S. block tethering or mobile hot spot features. After all, we're paying for the data why should they have a say over how its used or what device uses it? At here in Canada Rogers allows you to tether or hot spot (so long as you have a minimum 1 gb per month plan)...
    I believe North America still charges for incoming calls too, I don't think Europe ever did, not in the last 10+ years anyway.
    09-11-11 03:07 PM
    I wonder what they were thinking about the battery life?
    Last edited by Bromo33333; 09-11-11 at 06:40 PM.
    09-11-11 06:38 PM
    I also just dumped my i4 for the 9930 on Verizon.. just at a point in my life where work and communication are my two biggest needs in a phone and the iPhone 4 wasn't cutting it in either aspect.

Do I miss the apps? Definitely, but honestly I just don't have the time for games and all that jazz anymore and I only had about 3 or 4 apps I used on a regular consistent basis. So.. I'm not really bothered by missing out on what the iPhone is great at.
    Rwil85 likes this.
    09-11-11 07:58 PM
    Seems to me, the battery on the 9930, Verizon, last longer than the battery on 9900, T-Mobile. I've had both devices...
    09-11-11 08:13 PM
    I left my 9700 for iphone 4, I'm lucky in the respect that I have two sims on the same number so can keep two phones going without any sim swapping hassle.

I dropped my 9700 to spare and went live with the iphone 4, and I've loved it since then but never got over the typing on screen keyboard and never realised how much I avoided typing sms and emails on the phone till I tried out the 9900. Since switching my main phone to the 9900 and putting the iphone 4 to spare It made me realise how much I had stopped enjoying using the phone as a phone. The keyboard on this baby is a pleasure to use and imho far better than any bb since the old 9000 and I'm loving my bb again for the first time in 2 years. I sure miss some of the apps and facilities on my iphone plus having used the ios5 beta for the last couple months its certainly been a step in the right direction but the signal reception has been a real problem recently and switching back to my bb has reminded me of all the reasons I stuck with bb for the last 5 years up until the iphone. Sure I'm going to get the iphone 5 but I really don't think its going to get back into my main phone.

The iphone has a lot of features I'd never like to loose and wouldn't want to give up but for the seruous business user who really makes a lot of calls, emails and texts then their is only one choice and despite thinking I wouldn't find any use for the touch screen on a full qwerty device its amazing how many times I use the screen instead of the trackball. If you use your phone for personal use and love playing games the iphone is a clear winner (out of the two choices given) but if you need a reliable phone for business use and especially looking at the number of texts you send then its a clear winnder for the bb.

Hope you enjoy which ever choice you make.

Kev

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I am now in the same situation, I am wondering if I should change from a 9700 with 3G speeds to the iPhone 4 with EDGE speeds for tmobile's network. I feel like it's going to be major drop in browsing speed but the iPhone browser is so much better than the blackberry one. Can't decide at all, one of the bad things about the blackberry browser is how sometimes when it can't handle the webpages, it will shut down and clear out all my browsing session but I feel like that has to be related to the device. There's also the wait clock I get when doing things within the whole OS.
    09-12-11 02:12 AM
    What I don't miss;

1)Muting or ending calls with my face because of a useless proximity sensor if you hold the phone "wrong".
    Hand placement has no effect on the proximity sensor. You, my friend, had a faulty iPhone.
    09-12-11 02:28 AM
    I've had/still have a Bold 9930, Curve 8330, Evo 4G, Evo 3D, Samsung Focus, iPod Touch 4G, and a Palm Pre+. I've perused many app stores and used many keyboards and I keep going back to Blackberry.

As long as you don't NEED lots and lots of high quality games, Blackberry (esp the 9900/9930) is great, and the 9900/9930 keyboard is to die for. I don't miss anything (except the Android Gmail app) from any of the other platforms.

That said, unless you absolutely have to sell your iPhone 4, you can always just keep it around for those apps you absolutely cannot live without.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mtmjr90; 09-12-11 at 04:14 AM.
    09-12-11 03:33 AM
    Sounds like a Blackberry is more suitable for you.

I had the iPhone 4 for 2-3 months last year and I have to say I waited all summer to get enough money for it! I absolutely loved it and it still has in my opinion, the best music application of all smartphones, although the idea via iTunes has its limitations.

But then due to work, I got a Blackberry Curve 8520 as well. And guess what? I ended up texting and communication more on the BB than the iPhone. I blame it all on the physical keyboard as opposed to a virtual one!

And then I sold both handsets and got a Blackberry Bold 9780 which was so perfect....when it worked I had screen issues twice so I simply got my money back and jumped from phone to phone until I settled for a Blackberry Curve 3G 9300.

It wasn't the ideal phone but it worked and did the job, although I also bought an iPod Touch 4G for my music

As soon as they announced the Blackberry Bold 9900, I followed Crackberry for months for an announcement date and when it was released, I went and bought it outright. Now I've sold my iPod Touch and BB 9300 and back to one perfect device now!

Sorry for the long post but I really do love describing my story with this handset so far and what led to my decision to get it
    09-12-11 09:54 AM
    If you are an expat that lives overseas and can speak/hear the other foreign language but can not read or write it then you will love the Iphone 4. You copy/paste any message or post to the Google/Translate application and you now have it in English and can also hit the audio button to hear it in the local language The Whatsapp application also works really well on the Iphone 4. If you do not like to type or find typing to be a pain in the rear then you can simply speak and send your message via Beejive to your friends online.

Can all this be done on the new Bold 9900 as easily?

As for the email part, I don't see what is wrong with the Iphone email.. I have 3 email accounts set up on my Iphone 4 and all work perfectly. Iphone 4 also works as a Wifi Hotspot next to my laptop as I travel in Asia.

I'm thinking sound quality for phone calls is probably better on the 9900 though. Question is though as to what the Bold 900 can do that the Iphone 4 can not do?
    09-12-11 10:49 AM
    i upgraded from iPhone 3gs to blackberry bold 9900 .

what i miss :
    1. the amount of apps ... it was fun for the first year .. than i didn't care a lot but still .
    2. the autofocus in camera ... sometimes u need to take a pic of a document ... its impossible without autofocus .

hmmm ... to be honestly .. thats it . thats why I'm enjoying my bold now .
    09-12-11 04:31 PM
    I would very much like to know how you achieved this? Been trying to research ways of doing this myself for a while and keep hitting dead ends.
    I would like to know too, as I didn't think it was possible.
    09-12-11 07:00 PM
    I went from an iPhone 4 to a Blackberry 9800...

I miss the applications, games, and media things I could do with the iPhone 4. I miss the quickness of the UI, and also the speedy boot time.

I love the keyboard with my 9800. I absolutely love the email client, and that is one of the reasons I quit. I don't like the touch screen on it.
    Similar here, I have had Blackberry for 7 years for work and personal and 3 months ago switched from Blackberry to the iPhone 4.
    It was nice as you can imagine but yesterday I got a Blackberry 9900 and I find it so much better.

If you can go without some of the apps, I think emailing & texting is far better on the Blackberry compared to the ios. just my opinion, I am sure many will prefer the iPhone...
    12-03-11 10:11 AM
    Had BB for the last 5 years or so, last year was tempted by IP4 and for the last 12 months I have enjoyed using it, but when the 9900 came out I just had to have one, I was so desperate to get back to a mobile that could make email a pleasure and be reliable, as my business depends on it. Bought a sim free 9900, called Orange and changed my plan back to a BB plan, I AM LOVING THE 9900, wow its so refreshing to be back on the BB. iPhone is a toy, BB is a tool, would never go back to an iPhone.
    I have my BB 9900 and an iPad, thats all i need.
    THIS IS CORRECT!!!!

I had both of them , and I can't agree more. IPhone is a toy an BB is a tool. BUT, I actually liked a lot the toy..... Websurfing, facetime, some apps and some games I just add to have them....and BB can't offer them... Anf from BB there are other musts... (BBM, keyboard, email, tools, etc)

So now, I have my BB 9900, and iPad at home. VERY HAPPY with both. Later during the month I will set up the wifi tethering.... And pretty much that's all I will ever need!

shanezam203 likes this.
    12-03-11 01:03 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD