Is it worth to go with my 2 year upgrade to Bold 9900 or should I go with the HTC one x. The guy at best buy tried his best for me to go with the HTC, I left with nothing undecided.

I just hate to upgrade and be locked into the bold 9900 for 2 years, then BB10 comes out, then BB10 comes out with keyboard.

I need to see what is the craze with the HTC one x
    06-24-12 01:05 AM
    HTC One X would be better in this situation.
    Upgrade to an HTC One X, test it out, and return it if you're not satisfied. Make sure you ask what the return window is for your carrier.

EDIT: If you return it, I'm pretty sure you get your upgrade back (depends on your carrier) and then you could get a BB10 device.
    Last edited by californiablackberry; 06-24-12 at 01:40 AM.
    06-24-12 01:11 AM
    I would say wait till bb10, but if you cant def choose the one x the 9900 is about to become last years tech.
    Nashstruck likes this.
    06-24-12 01:22 AM
    If you're happy with your BB. Just hang onto it until October...ish. And grab a BB10 phone.

Sent from my Magical BlackBerry Bold 9900
    06-24-12 01:33 AM
    If it were me..I would probably get the One X...don't get me wrong, I love my BlackBerry, but that phone intrigues me..I have a upgrade July 1st and I'm pretty sure I'm either going to get the One X or the Samsung Galaxy SIII...I will still have my work 9930 to handle my BlackBerry needs and when BB10 comes out, I will just sell the upgrade to buy BB10.
    06-24-12 06:41 AM
    HTC One x
    or
    Samsung Galaxy S-III..
    BB10 is new platform, It will be released with basic working build with known defects (all smartphone vendors do this) and it will take some time so that BB10 will be stable…
    And what if BB10 doesn’t work like OS6 and OS7 then new OS… still OS7.x is unstable, investing in new platform is risky…
    Stuck to what is already working and supported..
    Android may have certain defects but it’s more popular and supported around world.
    It’s not like once BB10 is released you will tons of apps/ games and all the goodness…
    Even iPhone/ Android took time to build big app/games collection.
    Why to wait for something if it’s already available with other platform.
    Think rationally, and if you've extra money and feel like throwing it on electronics, instead donate to schools or any worth place. You will get tax exemption on donations and social goodwill too.
    Last edited by infinus; 06-24-12 at 06:57 AM.
    06-24-12 06:53 AM
    To me going to HTC One X would be a downgrade... large slab phone I can't fit in my pocket? No keyboard? No thank you. But everyone is different, get what you want.

I have a Bold 9900, best keyboard I have ever used on a phone. BB7 works much better than any BB OS before it, it actually has up to snuff hardware, its thin, compact, and actually has a fast browser. Bold 9900 is the best Blackberry ever and the best phone I have ever used...
    Last edited by jthep; 06-24-12 at 08:16 AM.
    06-24-12 08:14 AM
    The one x is just another android and the worst part its Htc. The Htc I've had NEVER last long. Buy a used 9900 then get BB10 later or wait.
    06-24-12 08:17 AM
    I would do some research on the one X if I were you OP. Based on what I've read it has some issues.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-24-12 08:28 AM
    Get the 9900 and use OS7. What is it missing that makes you think you need an upgrade to an unreleased OS?
    06-24-12 08:33 AM
    I have owned pretty much every blackberry that has come out. What scares me the most is emails on another phone, my,emails are simple on blackberry. I'm not big into games and such. I May play on my wife's iPhone every once In a while. But setting up work email on the iPhone is a breeze and texting on the blackberry is a breeze. I feel I can go either or, because the bb10 with keyboard is probably 2 -3 years away. As for as aps go the blackberry ap world is horrible.

On this htc one x, i don't like having to find settings for my work email, and apparently you can't add memory.
    flash24 likes this.
    06-24-12 10:02 AM
    I have also heard that the bb10 is do or die for rim as we know it. They have reported losses for the first time, then probably report more losses in q4. Will RIM be sold to QNX?
    06-24-12 10:20 AM
    RIM owns QNX, I think they bought the company that created QNX for somewhere around 200 million dollars.

RIM reported losses for the first time, many companies frequently report losses and last for decades, but RIM still has no debt and has a user base of 77 million. Although many of the 77 million users are not as profitable when they are buy cheaper Curve models in poorer countries.

RIM has to regain some market share in North America where Americans pay through the nose for features other countries get for free, like tethering, hotspot, texting, etc.

I really don't see what a company's finances have to do with whether or not they made a good product? I mean when Web OS was discontinued, does that mean you cannot use your Palm phones anymore or a HP Touchpad? Of course not.

Anyway HTC phones always seemed cheaply built to me. I remember I knew a few people that had the original EVO and the thing literally fell apart on them, needed new screen, new frame, etc. I know little about the HTC One X to be fair, but its big, it won't fit snug in my pocket, and I like physical keyboards, which it lack, so I wouldn't be interested, but then again I am not the OP here.
    06-24-12 11:17 AM
    RIM owns QNX, I think they bought the company that created QNX for somewhere around 200 million dollars.

RIM reported losses for the first time, many companies frequently report losses and last for decades, but RIM still has no debt and has a user base of 77 million. Although many of the 77 million users are not as profitable when they are buy cheaper Curve models in poorer countries.

RIM has to regain some market share in North America where Americans pay through the nose for features other countries get for free, like tethering, hotspot, texting, etc.

I really don't see what a company's finances have to do with whether or not they made a good product? I mean when Web OS was discontinued, does that mean you cannot use your Palm phones anymore or a HP Touchpad? Of course not.

Anyway HTC phones always seemed cheaply built to me. I remember I knew a few people that had the original EVO and the thing literally fell apart on them, needed new screen, new frame, etc. I know little about the HTC One X to be fair, but its big, it won't fit snug in my pocket, and I like physical keyboards, which it lack, so I wouldn't be interested, but then again I am not the OP here.

Im scared of not having a physical keyboard. I know I hated the torch that is really what turned me off of blackberry. Now the bold seems like a remake, kinda like taking the old superman and making the new superman movie.

I have read a lot of people are upset with the OS 7 software, will it be old news by the end of 2012?
    06-24-12 12:39 PM
    Well if you get the One X, you can always sell it when the BB10 phones come out & use that money for a BB10 phone.

Or you can just wait until BB10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-24-12 01:38 PM
    Im waiting for my 9900 from ebay ( i sold my 9810 ) and im thinking about bb10 in october. Ill sell the 9900 when i see a keyboard on bb10
    06-24-12 07:55 PM
    I would say hold onto it till the october time frame rolls around.

Op I think your way off on the 2-3 years before a kb blackberry comes back. Maybe 6 months after bb10 ts drops.

Lots of companies are posting losses. We are in a hard financial point in the world and it seems to be the cool thing to bash RIM.

I wouldn't buy a phone now, it seems they are trying to get rid of old stock because a new android os, new ios and new blackberry os heck even a new window os are coming within the next 6 months. Its not a good time to buy if you don't want to feel obsolete in a week.

I give it another 3 months before the oneX is ancient history in the android world. Their phone turnaround is crazy!
    06-24-12 08:21 PM
    Two completely different phones...I've had both (currently own one x). It really depends on what you do and want with a phone. If the screen is important to you then the one x is the best you can get right now...even nicer than the brand new galaxy s3. As far as being "connected"...I never felt that way with my 9930...uploading to Facebook/twitter was nowhere near as integrated as with Android...the keyboard is not an issue with me...I have freon to love a touch screen. I think I'm in the huge minority, but I never got used to the blackberry keyboard. I could not stand the way the keyboard buttons were raised on one side and lowered on the other. I think it would have made much ore sense to just have them all the same height...but that's just me. I understand if you are a blackberry loyalist and want to stay with them, but I honestly see no advantage they have over the current iteration of Android based phones, but I do see where Android has many over the blackberry. Whatever you choose, just stay away from forums because they will have you second guessing what you bought

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    06-24-12 08:27 PM
    I have also heard that the bb10 is do or die for rim as we know it. They have reported losses for the first time, then probably report more losses in q4. Will RIM be sold to QNX?
    Switching to a whole new platform is experimental at best.

RIM may think that it's do or die to go to BB10, but have they considered that by switching to a new platform they stand to loose many more and that BB7 kept things at a minimal loss?

You may say that RIM knows what is in the works and has millions of dollars to make the switch a success. But HP has much more money than RIM, spent billions on an expirement and despite WebOS being better than PalmOS, could not make the Pre, Veer, Pixi and Tablet OS a success.

The bold 9900 has a touchscreen and with BB7 is a really good experience. I have a playbook and am not at this point waiting to see the same ui or apps on the phone platform at this point.
    06-24-12 09:28 PM
    I just dont understand why the Blackberry apworld is just so horrible and android and iphone aps just blow blackberry away. I have been die hard black berry, but the argument about the keyboard and email simplicity is getting old. I just dont know what is so great about the black berry is anymore.

For work the Blackberry is an awesome phone because of the email, but is it worth it? The hardest part for me is going to another phone, after having the blackberry since 2000. I dont know.

Every sales person I have talked to at ATT store and Bestbuy, says blackberry will be gone in 5 years or less. The sales manager at bestbuy says they dont even keep them on hand anymore, its pretty much you got to order it type deal.

I think I will get this HTC and sell it in a couple of years and get the Black Berry 10 with keyboard. I may not even keep the HTC for 30 days LOL at least I can try it out for that long
    06-25-12 08:08 PM
    The appworld experience is horrible on blackberry because its still using the os 4-7 apps that were legacy based and awesome 5 years ago.
    I can say from personal experience the playbook appworld is a lot more user friendly and has a lot better quality apps in it which leads me to believe that bb10 apps will be better also.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    06-25-12 10:30 PM
    both are great phones but i will suggest samsung galaxy s III. You can find these phones and many more android based devices at Welcome To Prepaid World, Accessories, Reups and Many More. You can also find accessories for your devices.
    06-26-12 02:03 AM
    Well, both phones are pretty different in terms of use. I'd say you should first think about what you want to do with your phone.

The HTC One X has a stunning, large display. Thanks to Android you'll get all those games and apps, video playback will also be very nice. Android in general seems to be much more modern and more flexible than the current BB OS7.

The Bold 9900 however delivers a classic Blackberry experience. Thanks to the new hardware everything performs much better and smoother. Browsing the web is a pretty decent thing on the new Bold, especially with the tochscreen/trackpad combination. However in terms of apps you shouldn't expect much. Last device I used was a Symbian one and even the Nokia Store offfered more and better stuff for Symbian Anna/Belle than App World offers for OS7.

However OS7 ain't dead yet, RIM confirmed it will live on and will be developed further, even supported by new lower and mid end devices. For the HTC One X on the other hand side you can say the current Android version Ice Cream Sandwich is about to be succeeded by the next version Jelly Bean. Custom ROMs aside it's always quite a hope&pray game to get the latest Android updates directly from the manufacturer.
    06-26-12 06:47 AM
    Just ask crackberry Kevin, he is using the one x for a month, he would probably give you some good feedback.
    06-26-12 06:58 AM
    Like Jthep pointed out, do you own a "Man Purse?" These new phones are bragging larger screens, which often means a larger phone. Not only that, but are you just surfing the web and collecting apps or do you want a powerhouse that still fits in your pocket? Just a thought.....
    06-26-12 01:26 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD