hey guys

So i updated my 9900 last night to the newest Rogers OS 7.1 but I am having an issue with my gmail account not showing up in my main msgs box but shows in the gmail email folder.

I have gone into my messages options and inbox management and it shows my gmail account to show, even done a battery pull as well.

getting a bit frustrating
    05-08-12 11:08 AM
    hey guys

So i updated my 9900 last night to the newest Rogers OS 7.1 but I am having an issue with my gmail account not showing up in my main msgs box but shows in the gmail email folder.

I have gone into my messages options and inbox management and it shows my gmail account to show, even done a battery pull as well.

getting a bit frustrating
    Just sent myself a message from my BT e.mail account to my g.mail account and it showed up straight away in the main message box.

Maybe it's you g.mail account settings rather than the Berry or the OS ?
    05-08-12 11:18 AM
    My gmail is working fine as well - all of my old messages are there and the new ones have been popping up no problem so far.

JB
    05-08-12 11:24 AM
    Just sent myself a message from my BT e.mail account to my g.mail account and it showed up straight away in the main message box.

Maybe it's you g.mail account settings rather than the Berry or the OS ?
    my gmail comes to my phone perfectly fine, goes to the gmail inbox, but not the main messages folder.

I'm going to try deleting gmail and readding it to my phone
    05-08-12 11:26 AM
    Maybe try hiding the gmail folder? I figured since I had the messages folder, why keep the gmail folder kicking around openly. I hid it a long time ago.

JB
    05-08-12 11:27 AM
    Maybe try hiding the gmail folder? I figured since I had the messages folder, why keep the gmail folder kicking around openly. I hid it a long time ago.

JB
    that shouldn't make a difference.

But anyways deleting the gmail email from BIS and re adding seems to have cured this issue. Really odd.
    05-08-12 11:33 AM
    I am having an issue with my gmail account not showing up in my main msgs box but shows in the gmail email folder.

( 1 ) On the Home screen, click menu & click "show all icons".
    ( 2 ) You will then see your Gmail email icon but it would be dark.
    ( 3 ) Go over the dark email icon, click menu and select "unhide icon".
    ( 4 ) The gmail icon would revert back to normal color.
    ( 5 ) Click menu & de-select "show all icons".

Also, you may need to go to Setup, email accounts and once again verify password so that the gmail account is fully functional.

Finally - try and send yourself Service Books and that should just abt solve all problems. Do a manual Battery Pull and you are thru ...
    05-08-12 11:55 AM
    that shouldn't make a difference.

But anyways deleting the gmail email from BIS and re adding seems to have cured this issue. Really odd.
    Maybe not, but it was a suggestion as that seems to be the only difference between our situations...

JB
    05-08-12 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD