I'm literally inches away from updating my new 9900 only to be in the most frustrating situation EVER.

I was updating it to a slightly newer version of OS7.1, it's worked fine and just needs to reboot. However, when it finally does come back on after the reboot it goes to a white screen displaying "App Error 602" with only the "Reset" option.

Please, for the love of God, could someone help me with this?

(The BB article regarding this doesn't cover this scenario either)
    10-04-13 04:59 PM
    Yikes! The exact same thing happened to me last night. I'm sorry you are having to go through it as well.

Sounds like it is bricked. I used this article for help (How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked or Bricked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com). Follow the steps and see if you have any luck. It worked for me up until step 3. It wouldn't find any device information for me to install. But you might have better luck.

What I ended up doing was removing the Blackberry Desktop Software and then reinstalling it. I then hooked up my bold to my computer and launched Desktop Software. This time the phone didn't go into the reboot cycle and it installed the OS update. Now after the installation reboot it told me the OS update failed and it had but it had loaded the previous OS back on and my phone was in working order. I did lose everything on it but I was able to get it all back using Blackberry Protect. My SD card seemed unaffected as everything on it was still there.

I hope one of these solutions works for you. Good luck!
    10-04-13 09:16 PM
    Same thing happened on mine. Found instructions to fix the error on BlackBerry Web site. Had to reload original then do the update again. Wiped the phone, but worked fine following the instructions. Found it by searching these forums for 602 error. Do a search and I'm sure you will find it, not sure which forum it was in.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 10:24 PM
    These are the instructions I followed to fix mine:

Remove the battery from the back of the BlackBerry smartphone.
    Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.
    Once prompted to Retry, Update or Cancel, click Update.If available updates are found Desktop Manager will prompt you to Get Update, Update Later or View other versions
    Click Get Update toinstall the recommended software version or View other Versions to manually select the version you wish to install and click Install.
    In the Update Options screenthereis the option to enter theemail address to be notified in future when there may be new software versions available.
    fill in the checkbox and enter theemail address in thetext fieldto receive email notifications
    uncheck the checkbox and leave the text field blank tonotreceive updates.
    Reinsert the Battery which was removed in step 1
    Click Install Update
    Note: theremaybe aprompt to activate thedevice wirelessly afterthe upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    scarymonster likes this.
    10-04-13 10:29 PM
    I've done the same, but after clicking "update", the issue illustrated in the image in attachement starts. Namely, the handheld application loader wizard stops working and I cannot go further with the application.

Any further suggestions?

Best regards,

Yar
    10-13-13 10:28 AM
    I had the same problem and thanks to mlbrowninsc's instructions my phone back to normal. Thanks!
    10-27-13 12:49 PM
    Thank you so much, was so stressed but got it fixed now with your help
    10-28-13 07:24 AM
    myne also got stuck, remember to take battery out and plug phone in without battery then it works
    10-28-13 07:25 AM
    Thanks for posting this. It saved me a few months ago and tonight, I did the same thing, loaded desktop manager and replied yes to the update and it bricked my 9900 again!

So that's two beers I owe you now.

These are the instructions I followed to fix mine:

Remove the battery from the back of the BlackBerry smartphone.
    Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.
    Once prompted to Retry, Update or Cancel, click Update.If available updates are found Desktop Manager will prompt you to Get Update, Update Later or View other versions
    Click Get Update toinstall the recommended software version or View other Versions to manually select the version you wish to install and click Install.
    In the Update Options screenthereis the option to enter theemail address to be notified in future when there may be new software versions available.
    fill in the checkbox and enter theemail address in thetext fieldto receive email notifications
    uncheck the checkbox and leave the text field blank tonotreceive updates.
    Reinsert the Battery which was removed in step 1
    Click Install Update
    Note: theremaybe aprompt to activate thedevice wirelessly afterthe upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 07:02 PM