Dear readers

props to whoever can provide the solution to this annoying problem with the 9900.

the problem started out of the blue one day...phone was always working fine and then suddenly it went off and wouldnt turn on again (battery was normal)

once i connected it to a power charger, the phone blinked once and then the famous batter with a red x sign displays (without eggtimer...some ppl said they had a timer)

as i read in countless threads, i attempted to reload the os using either the update function of the desktop manager (wouldnt work due to unable to connect to jvm) or by the loader.exe way but still doesnt connect. using bbsak. it doesnt dedect the device.

bought a new official battery....phone finally worked. i reinstalled the os just to make sure. however after fully charging the battery.....i noticed that the decice was heatin up...the battery life lasted for 2hrs only!!! once i came to charge the phone with the new battery....it returned to the original problem of not turning on and only showing a battery with a red x icon. please help!!! im out of patience and solutions...
    01-26-12 06:06 PM
    Is the device still under warranty? If it is, I would see about an exchange or replacement.
    jesusbass13 likes this.
    01-26-12 06:17 PM
    Is the device still under warranty? If it is, I would see about an exchange or replacement.
    what he said. no use fighting with it when you can get another. also sounds like its the phone its self, not os.
    01-26-12 07:02 PM
    Oni and Jesus are right, +1, you got a bad one.

Oni and Jesus would be a good name for a "Wacky" morning drive time radio team. Just a thought.
    OniBerry likes this.
    01-26-12 07:17 PM
    My wife dropped her torch in the sink, we dried it out. A few weeks later on a very cold day in Edinburgh the phone showed a red X, possibly cold and water related..not sure. She phoned to ask for a price to buy a new battery and was told it was under warranty and received the new battery in the morning....Phone is fine...
    01-27-12 01:45 AM
    what he said. no use fighting with it when you can get another. also sounds like its the phone its self, not os.
    i dont think its the phone....i bought it in october 2011....and now all.of a sudden this happens. the os.i updated to was was the latest os 7 build 24 somethin....
    01-27-12 02:50 AM
    i dont think its the phone....i bought it in october 2011....and now all.of a sudden this happens. the os.i updated to was was the latest os 7 build 24 somethin....
    I take it then you don't have a warranty in effect?
    01-27-12 10:00 AM
    I take it then you don't have a warranty in effect?
    Nope..... i take it theres no solution to be done at home?
    01-28-12 02:30 AM
    Woops, double post
    Last edited by xLcs; 01-28-12 at 04:14 AM.
    01-28-12 04:08 AM
    Hello, I'm sorry to hear about your problem. I too had that encountered that problem with my phone. This is a hardware fault and there isn't anything that you can do about it (apart from not letting your phone fully drain out and carrying multiple battery packs) where was the phone made in? Mexico-5?
    01-28-12 04:13 AM
    In my experience when my battery starts to heat up more than usual I backup all my data then install a different OS.. I've had App error 602 come up as well(I think this is a 3rd party app problem) and at that point I wipe and reinstall.

I'm sure you've searched all the methods of reviving a bricked(dead) or nuked(recoverable) blackberry. The method that I've used, and this may take some time, is to uninstall all OS's and Blackberry Desktop manager(DM) from your PC. Restart your PC. Reinstall DM(preferably the latest version), reinstall one of the latest OS's(preferably 7.1.0.205). Restart your PC.

Remove the mirco SD card(if installed), remove the SIM card, remove the battery, connect your blackberry(without battery installed) via USB and run DM. I've never had any luck just loading an OS via loader.exe by itself(even as administrator on the PC). Wait till it asks for an option to get upgrade( may take a few minutes), once it starts to load your OS insert the battery and follow through till it loads the OS. Insert Sim card and SD card. Don't install any 3rd party apps and see how long the battery runs.

I've used this method dozens of times and always am able to connect. Sometimes restarting your PC helps if DM won't connect to your 9900. I have tried shrinking OS's and loading entire OS's and haven't seen much a difference other than saving memory space. BTW I've had an early version from Rogers(day it came out here in Canada in August) and now use a Bell 9900(Early October).

Hope this helps!

PS I've had a truly bricked Bold 9000 that had water damage...it could not be revived no matter what I tried fwiw.(even tried to heat up the circuit board in the oven method...lol
    01-28-12 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD