09-18-11 12:40 PM
160 ... 567
tools
    Been using 9930 for a few days, upgraded from Tour. Love the keyboard, it is amazing! Not a fan of the "search" options/universal search. I liked it better when I would just start typing a name and only the contact would come up, instead of pic's, music, texts, etc...

Conflicted about the touchscreen browser, sometimes it's better to use the trackpad, it takes longer when you have to increase the screen size to click on a link. Sometimes the mouse/arrow jumps around when using trackpad on the browser, I realized that I am barely touching the screen while scrolling and it sends the arrow all over the place!

My battery has been AMAZING thus far, haven't done a whole lot of calling on it but I am more than impressed. Call/speaker phone quality is so-so, I was hoping it would be a little better or similar to the Bold 9780 (t-mobile) which is the best I've heard to date.

Wifi is terrific, didn't expect to use it but it makes a huge difference. I've heard MANY complaints about the camera.. I think it is just fine, no complaints here.

I REALLy wish they wouldn't have made the convienince keys so flat/flush. If you intend to use a gel case, you will struggle to use ANY keys on this device. I hate the lock button, volume and side key while there is a case on this device! I ordered a "barely there" case yesterday, I hope it helps.

Location of speaker is on the back/bottom of device, not sure why?? If you set the phone down and use it as a speaker phone, the speaker will muffle a little bit. You almost have to hold the device while on speaker mode, should have put speaker on the top IMO.

I like the device, I will get used to it but it's not everything that I imagined. Display/speed of device is outstanding though.
    08-27-11 08:56 AM
    So, Best Buy has it now, but at a whopping $649.99! I have a feeling they will be available at $199.99 on Sunday (one week from the official release date).

BlackBerry - Bold 9930 Mobile Phone - Black (Sprint) - SP9930RIM
    08-27-11 11:52 AM
    Been using 9930 for a few days, upgraded from Tour. Love the keyboard, it is amazing! Not a fan of the "search" options/universal search. I liked it better when I would just start typing a name and only the contact would come up, instead of pic's, music, texts, etc...
    You can change what applications/items are included in universal search. Start typing something and when the universal search starts, press the menu key and select Search Options. Simply uncheck what you don't want included

Personally, I agree that there are wayyyy too many things included, so I've restricted it to only contacts and web searches.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mtmjr90; 08-27-11 at 01:26 PM.
    Niz likes this.
    08-27-11 01:21 PM
    Just ordered from Best Buy. They have it now for $199.99. Should be here Monday or Tuesday!
    08-27-11 01:44 PM
    I like that you can turn off the other tabs. I just use the all apps tab so the other tabs did nothing but **** me off for swiping sideways.
    08-28-11 02:42 AM
    One thing I love over my 9650 is that I can be listening to music or a podcast and if someone text's/bbm's me, it plays the notification sound in the background while not cutting my music off.

So I theory I has was to try music with GPS navigation from Telenav and to my suprise and liking, the navigation kept in the background enough to work while I was listening to music.

SCORE
    sj-performance likes this.
    09-10-11 10:49 PM
    One thing I love over my 9650 is that I can be listening to music or a podcast and if someone text's/bbm's me, it plays the notification sound in the background while not cutting my music off.

So I theory I has was to try music with GPS navigation from Telenav and to my suprise and liking, the navigation kept in the background enough to work while I was listening to music.

SCORE
    yup this is awesome
    09-10-11 11:11 PM
    Anyone experience any lag?
    09-18-11 11:14 AM
    I'm buying it out right, I used my upgrade due to the unsure release dates and that epic was becoming an epic pain in the ***. so a sale here and money move there I'm on topnof the 9930. OT HERE I COME!
    I did the exact same thing! Bought my Bold 9930 outright and I left my Epic too... haven't looked back yet!
    09-18-11 11:35 AM
    I did the exact same thing! Bought my Bold 9930 outright and I left my Epic too... haven't looked back yet!
    I bought mine outright but I still have my Evo 3D...every time I have to type on the 3D, it almost feels like a punishment.

...ironically I have to type this on the 3D because Tapatalk is acting up on the Bold

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk
    09-18-11 12:40 PM
160 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD