The Sprint store is NOT going to honor the Web Discount, that's why its called "WEB Discount"....The Store is going to tell you to order it online if you want the additional savings...

Don't worry Sprint has an Audit system in place and they will catch it, sometimes its before the phones ship and they will call you to inform you and at that time you can cancel an order and sometimes after they ship and you have to send one back or be billed full retail, so think twice before trying to game the system.
    I screwed up and ordered 3. All three are waiting to be filled at the warehouse. I'll know for sure when they show up and I dont have a $1,000 - $1,200 phone bill. As far as the audit system... I did this last year by mistake.

My account might be special because I did the Google Dan Hesse thing and signed up for Everything Plus Referral Program. Time will tell. I am definitly sending the third phone back. The third order was pending additional verification last night but today it is in the warehouse waiting to ship. Damn I was hoping that one would get canceled.

Update 8/23/11: Saw my bill online today 3 phones shipped @ $200 each. All three phones are in UPS hands and arrive Thursday.
    So to answer the question below... yes they are.

I screwed up and ordered 3. All three are waiting to be filled at the warehouse. I'll know for sure when they show up and I dont have a $1,000 - $1,200 phone bill. As far as the audit system... I did this last year by mistake.

My account might be special because I did the Google Dan Hesse thing and signed up for Everything Plus Referral Program. This redirects damn near everything about your account to a special department. (Want to buy a phone under the plan? Call the sales department and wait to be transfered to 866-866-7509) But it gives you a family plan with 1600 minutes for $109 unlimited data, text vs 1500 minutes for $129 a month. Funny part my wife and I mainly call cells so we use like 500 minutes a month.

Just of Curiosity let us know what happened at the end.. Is sprint really so darn stupid??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    All three phones shipped Monday. I was hoping they would cancel the third order when it required manual processing but it went thru. My account didnt show ineligible to upgrade until Monday night.

My bill showed up online today... $852.61 for three phones and one month of service. My month of service on the Sero (now Everything Plus Referral) family plan is $140.96 so that is $600 in phones and $50 for the otter box and tax should be $706.55 It looks like there is an addl $5.10 on the bill.

Long story short... for the second year in a row... Yes they are.
    Last edited by uncltom; 08-23-11 at 08:53 PM.
    08-23-11 08:43 PM
    Got mine today. Can't tell you that it is a big adjusment coming from android & ios. But I do like it. Very simple and to the point. Thing just works you know. So far just lil qwirks but nothing as major as people was making it out to be. The battery life thing is still in question. I really thinks its due to bad reception. Like right now its draining but I knew I had bad reception. I will find out tonight when I get to work. Typing is nice! Just have to say this is a real smack in the face to the people who want bb to go away. This proves that the underdog still got serious bite.
    08-23-11 08:46 PM
    I want to be like Uncltom, but should I? Hmm...
    Also, how do you activate the three phones? Don't they require you to activate new phones for 30 days on the same line?
    08-23-11 09:04 PM
    I was noticing pretty bad battery life on the stock OS (not sure which it was, maybe .241). I installed the .340 leak, and my early impression was that it wasn't a lot better, but I uninstalled LiveProfile this morning and it's been going strong all day--just hit 48% and has been off the charger since 7:00 this morning. The one bug I've noticed is that when I do a reboot, the Sprint bloatware is no longer hidden. It's odd, because my hidden email folders stay hidden. Not a big deal, it just takes a minute to re-hide them. I suspect that future leaks and hybrids will further improve battery life and will fix bugs like this.

Overall, as a habitual early adopter, I've gotten used to limited app/theme options and a few bugs. Given that, I've been very happy with this phone. Sprint's rep was great about getting it set up on Sunday, and she was actually a BB user herself! It does look like I need a SIM unlock, but otherwise I have nothing but praise for Sprint and the launch of the phone.

Next step: External battery charger and Vaja case!
    08-23-11 09:30 PM

My account might be special because I did the Google Dan Hesse thing and signed up for Everything Plus Referral Program. Time will tell. I am definitly sending the third phone back. The third order was pending additional verification last night but today it is in the warehouse waiting to ship. Damn I was hoping that one would get canceled.

Update 8/23/11: Saw my bill online today 3 phones shipped @ $200 each. All three phones are in UPS hands and arrive Thursday.
    So to answer the question below... yes they are.

All three phones shipped Monday. I was hoping they would cancel the third order when it required manual processing but it went thru. My account didnt show ineligible to upgrade until Monday night.

My bill showed up online today... $852.61 for three phones and one month of service. My month of service on the Sero (now Everything Plus Referral) family plan is $140.96 so that is $600 in phones and $50 for the otter box and tax should be $706.55 It looks like there is an addl $5.10 on the bill.

Long story short... for the second year in a row... Yes they are.
    So your getting 3 ups packages thursday....

08-23-11 10:39 PM
    I want to be like Uncltom, but should I? Hmm...
    Also, how do you activate the three phones? Don't they require you to activate new phones for 30 days on the same line?
    No... I immediately activated it on my wife's line. Now I am not sure if you can activate it on another account never tried that. Also I have always had a sero account so I am not sure this works on a non-employee referral account.

All I can say is this worked for me two years in a row.
    08-24-11 12:14 AM
    So your getting 3 ups packages thursday....

Yup. Like I said I have no idea how this went wrong so I am not sure where the loophole is.
    08-24-11 12:16 AM
    The secret to telling if you can order more than one phone per renewal is
    1. Order on the weekend. I ordered on Sunday, I don't know if that matters.
    2. After you order does the website immediately update and show you dont qualify?
    If it shows you don't qualify. Enjoy your phone.
    If the website shows you still qualify then order again. Worst thing that happens... You get a bill for $750 and you send the second phone back after sprint's mistake to get $550 back or you get two phones for $400.
    One thing that might help add an accessory to an order so they have different amounts.
    Last edited by uncltom; 08-24-11 at 12:44 AM.
    08-24-11 12:39 AM
    Still waiting, apparently UPS has issues with shipping a package from Kentucky to Ohio, the missorted my phone and sent it to Maryland, now I have a delivery date for tomorrow which sucks since I am leaving town today and won't return until Sunday. I'm going to call Sprint today to see if I can sweet talk them into letting me pick one up from my local store and just send the one back since UPS had this mess-up, but I doubt it. Yesterday started out as a great day, my phone was on its way, I was getting ready to leave for vacation and all was right with everything and as the hours passed, it grew worse and worse, but its all good, a lot of people have it a lot worse than me with actual real life issues.
    08-24-11 05:41 AM
    Just want to throw it out there that I DID get a price match for the online price after buying it in the store.

I called regular customer service who were no help and the store manager was also no help. I again called customer service and after speaking to several people in a very calm voice I ended up speaking to a fella named jerrod. He agreed to price match and give me a credit on my account of 50 bucks and I reported to him my battery issue and back button issues that he said he will post on RIM internal boards.

Staying calm and being pressistant gets the Job done.
    08-24-11 07:06 AM
    Mines is also supposed to arrive tomorrow it departure monday nigh from KY and still waiting for a update from then I hope it arrives in time

08-24-11 09:27 AM
    I'm having no issues with my Sprint Bold 9930, it's the best smartphone I've ever had, very happy with it. Only problem, and I'm sure it's just a software update fix, but when I click the youtube app it goes right to the site, no problem, but when I'm just using 3G Sprint network, the videos just constantly is buffering and no videos play. But when I switch to BOTH 3G and WiFi and my Bold is in WiFi, the videos play like a charm. Is anyone else having this problem with thier Sprint Bold 9930? and if you are(did) how did you fix it? Other than that minor problem, everything is running smoothly on my Bold, the battery life IMO is pretty much the same as my Curve 8330's is...which is very good.
    screamlordbyron likes this.
    08-24-11 09:28 AM
    I'm having no issues with my Sprint Bold 9930, it's the best smartphone I've ever had, very happy with it. Only problem, and I'm sure it's just a software update fix, but when I click the youtube app it goes right to the site, no problem, but when I'm just using 3G Sprint network, the videos just constantly is buffering and no videos play. But when I switch to BOTH 3G and WiFi and my Bold is in WiFi, the videos play like a charm. Is anyone else having this problem with thier Sprint Bold 9930? and if you are(did) how did you fix it? Other than that minor problem, everything is running smoothly on my Bold, the battery life IMO is pretty much the same as my Curve 8330's is...which is very good.
    Murphy's Law for your LP - soon as you pick up the Bold, It's pretty much confirmed Sprint is getting the iPhone 4 and 5 in Oct (i think the 4 will be for Virgin Mobile)....are you sticking with berry or picking up the iphone?
    08-24-11 10:16 AM
    was having lag, hour glass and battery issue with the stock os... Loaded .340 last night and wow what a difference.
    08-24-11 10:44 AM
    Murphy's Law for your LP - soon as you pick up the Bold, It's pretty much confirmed Sprint is getting the iPhone 4 and 5 in Oct (i think the 4 will be for Virgin Mobile)....are you sticking with berry or picking up the iphone?
    I kinda figured Sprint would get the iphone 5, but I really didnt wanna wait until October, possibly longer from rumors that Sprint wouldn't get thier iphone until Nov/Dec. My plan was to have the Bold 9930 for the 30 days, and if not happy return and wait for the iphone for Sprint, but I gotta tell you, this Bold 9930 is a really good device, I'm happy with it, and plan on keeping it. RIM you actually made a high quality premium device on par with the rest, kudos
    08-24-11 11:40 AM
    The secret to telling if you can order more than one phone per renewal is
    1. Order on the weekend. I ordered on Sunday, I don't know if that matters.
    2. After you order does the website immediately update and show you dont qualify?
    If it shows you don't qualify. Enjoy your phone.
    If the website shows you still qualify then order again. Worst thing that happens... You get a bill for $750 and you send the second phone back after sprint's mistake to get $550 back or you get two phones for $400.
    One thing that might help add an accessory to an order so they have different amounts.
    Did this end up working for you? I just received a call from Sprint saying they would charge me $300 if I do not return the extra phone. I already sold the phone on eBay for $560 so I'm not worried. Even if they charge the extra $300, I made a small profit.
    08-26-11 09:39 AM
    To those that have been waiting for Best Buy to carry the 9930, I think it might be close. I just checked the Bet Buy website and they have pulled the 9650 from the Blackberry section. Hope it happens soon!
    08-26-11 11:31 AM
    Has anyone been able to get the Sprint Mobile Wallet app to work? I just got my 9930 on Tuesday, so I am still messing around in app world trying to find the apps that I will add and keep. I keep getting an error with the Sprint Mobile Wallet though.
    08-26-11 03:48 PM
    Well, I'm in. Got a 9930 this morning from a store and am liking it so far. Feels good
    to be back on a BB.
    08-26-11 05:04 PM
    I was on the stock OS for about a week. Battery life was Not where I wanted it to be. So I've upgraded to .353 earlier today. Hoping that this brings some improvement.

08-26-11 06:13 PM
    But why is Sprint charging $249.99 when Verizon is charging the standard $199.99 and where did you get this ad? on Sprint? and what area of Sprint's web page?
    Where does anyone see VZW saying anywhere that they are selling the 9930 for $199.00? I paid $249.00 - $30.00 for the NE2 upgrade on a new 2 year contract. I am talking here to make things equal from the carrir website and no place else but their website.
    As I write this if anyone would care to go to Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless and look up the Bold 9930 you will see what I am saying.
    08-26-11 06:57 PM
    Did this end up working for you? I just received a call from Sprint saying they would charge me $300 if I do not return the extra phone. I already sold the phone on eBay for $560 so I'm not worried. Even if they charge the extra $300, I made a small profit.
    You're a curse. Got this message and got the call at the same time. Fortunately they sent me 3 phones (all in the same box LMAO) and they only want 1 back. They found two of the orders but not the third. So I get to keep 2 phones so far. Funny the call seems to be triggered by activation. Interestingly they want the one that's not activated. Well I never wanted to make money off it I just wanted two phones this year so it works for me.

Update: I went back and looked again at my orders. The two orders they called about were for the same dollar amount. The one they missed was more because it had the otterbox on it. It appears the verification is largely about the amount.
    Last edited by uncltom; 08-27-11 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Update
    08-27-11 01:19 AM
    i ordered mine thursday morning and got it friday morning. so far i have not found anything i dont like about it yet. it works great with the SE MW600 i have when listening to music it shows the title on the OLED screen. my iPhone doesn't even do that!
    the reason i got the 9930 is due to work and the fact i dont want to have 2 full touch screen phones at a time. this is a good replacement for the 8830 i was carrying for the time being and the att red torch. just going through the phone and downloading and updating all the software and arranging the icons how i want them.
    i just can't wait til they start making themes for these!
    08-27-11 02:02 AM
    You're a curse. Got this message and got the call at the same time. Fortunately they sent me 3 phones (all in the same box LMAO) and they only want 1 back. They found two of the orders but not the third. So I get to keep 2 phones so far. Funny the call seems to be triggered by activation. Interestingly they want the one that's not activated. Well I never wanted to make money off it I just wanted two phones this year so it works for me.

Update: I went back and looked again at my orders. The two orders they called about were for the same dollar amount. The one they missed was more because it had the otterbox on it. It appears the verification is largely about the amount.
    good luck with this since all ESNs are tracked and they know what one(s) they sent you. i wouldn't do anything with the "extra free phone" you will see something about it. it just might take them a while to correct it. just dont cry when they do fix the mistake.
    08-27-11 02:05 AM
    good luck with this since all ESNs are tracked and they know what one(s) they sent you. i wouldn't do anything with the "extra free phone" you will see something about it. it just might take them a while to correct it. just dont cry when they do fix the mistake.
    They want one of the two back and dont care which. The third one I am sending back is the ESN they sent me and the one they requested back. As I said, I intended to send the third one back in the first place. As far as the first two both are activated and working. As for catching up with the first two orders time will tell. Looking back thru my scanned docs last year we not only got two phones on one line but even two rebates as well.

I like the phones so either way I would keep both.
    08-27-11 04:07 AM
160 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD