Just picked up my 9930 and am getting it set up right now...still getting used to the width of the device, but the keyboard is amazing and the speed is incredible! While getting the new phone provisioned, the sales rep did 2 battery pulls on the new phone, and that took less time than one reboot cycle on my 9650. Glad it's a rainy day, so I don't have to feel guilty about spending the rest of the afternoon getting it set up the way I want it!
    08-21-11 02:18 PM
    Got it! It's gorgeous. I was scared for a minute because there was a line outside my sprint store, but they had enough stock thank god. So fast, though I'm a bit annoyed that you still have to restart the device to uninstall some apps, but so be it.
    08-21-11 03:08 PM
    They didn't get u?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I screwed up and ordered 3. All three are waiting to be filled at the warehouse. I'll know for sure when they show up and I dont have a $1,000 - $1,200 phone bill. As far as the audit system... I did this last year by mistake.

My account might be special because I did the Google Dan Hesse thing and signed up for Everything Plus Referral Program. This redirects damn near everything about your account to a special department. (Want to buy a phone under the plan? Call the sales department and wait to be transfered to 866-866-7509) But it gives you a family plan with 1600 minutes for $109 unlimited data, text vs 1500 minutes for $129 a month. Funny part my wife and I mainly call cells so we use like 500 minutes a month.
    08-21-11 03:16 PM
    The Sprint store is NOT going to honor the Web Discount, that's why its called "WEB Discount"....The Store is going to tell you to order it online if you want the additional savings...

Don't worry Sprint has an Audit system in place and they will catch it, sometimes its before the phones ship and they will call you to inform you and at that time you can cancel an order and sometimes after they ship and you have to send one back or be billed full retail, so think twice before trying to game the system.
    I screwed up and ordered 3. All three are waiting to be filled at the warehouse. I'll know for sure when they show up and I dont have a $1,000 - $1,200 phone bill. As far as the audit system... I did this last year by mistake.

My account might be special because I did the Google Dan Hesse thing and signed up for Everything Plus Referral Program. Time will tell. I am definitly sending the third phone back. The third order was pending additional verification last night but today it is in the warehouse waiting to ship. Damn I was hoping that one would get canceled.

Update 8/23/11: Saw my bill online today 3 phones shipped @ $200 each. All three phones are in UPS hands and arrive Thursday.
    So to answer the question below... yes they are.
    Last edited by uncltom; 08-23-11 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Update
    08-21-11 03:18 PM

My account might be special because I did the Google Dan Hesse thing and signed up for Everything Plus Referral Program. This redirects damn near everything about your account to a special department. (Want to buy a phone under the plan? Call the sales department and wait to be transfered to 866-866-7509) But it gives you a family plan with 1600 minutes for $109 unlimited data, text vs 1500 minutes for $129 a month. Funny part my wife and I mainly call cells so we use like 500 minutes a month.
    Just of Curiosity let us know what happened at the end.. Is sprint really so darn stupid??

08-21-11 04:13 PM
    So I've been at home setting up my 9930 and OMG (yes I said it again) it's beautiful. So fast, so smooth. Not all of my apps are compatible yet but I will figure that out. One thing about this phone that makes me REALLY happy is the fact that by default, when I tether my 9930 to my Playbook, I can still get my emails on my phone (and on my Bridged PB). Now that extra $30 I'm paying a month for the Tablet connection is definitely worth it.
    08-21-11 05:13 PM
    Just got the 9930 - it doesn't seem to have an option to display message header on 1 line. Anyone know how to change this?
    08-21-11 05:37 PM
    Just got the 9930 - it doesn't seem to have an option to display message header on 1 line. Anyone know how to change this?
    This makes me sad. maybe they made it two lines only so its easier to select messages with the touch screen

08-21-11 05:55 PM
    So now that the cat is out the bag let see your 9930's what cases are you guys using etc. Pics please!

via Nexus S 4G
    08-23-11 02:03 AM
    Maaaan I have 2-3 more days then I can have mine. Why are these pay periods so far a freaking part!???

Some post some 30 pics! Take the edge off... Lol
    08-23-11 02:21 AM
    Sorry to keep bringing this up, but I have had no luck posting my own thread about this.. Anyone have visual voicemail on their 9930? I can't find my icon, sprint CS said its not supported by the 9930

08-23-11 05:56 AM
    Nope. VVM is not a feature offered on the 9930 at this time. It wasn't there on the 9650 either was it?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-23-11 06:04 AM
    So far Battery life is bad - but more importantly the hour glass is happening. I've downloaded 2 additional app on the phone. I'm thinking about throwing a diff os to see if there's any improvements.
    08-23-11 07:29 AM
    So far Battery life is bad - but more importantly the hour glass is happening. I've downloaded 2 additional app on the phone. I'm thinking about throwing a diff os to see if there's any improvements.
    I've been tossing the idea around myself, but I'll have to see how my battery goes for the next few days, so far it's not that bad, but it could probably use a little tweaking to it.

08-23-11 08:40 AM
    Is the 7.0.241 the stock os for Sprint?
    08-23-11 10:45 AM
    Yup...241....yesterday I installed leaked OS .341....much better battery life...I recommend

08-23-11 10:50 AM
    Yup...241....yesterday I installed leaked OS .341....much better battery life...I recommend

Thanks. Will get it done tonight.
    08-23-11 12:02 PM
    Thanks. Will get it done tonight.
    ive been running this .341 since yesterday...today i disconnected phone from charger around 6:30AM...its now 1:06pm...ive been BBMing/emails/texting/6 calls/web browser/wifi on....battery @ 70%
    08-23-11 12:07 PM
    Do you guys mean .340? I can't find a .341 leak for the Sprint 9930...
    08-23-11 01:33 PM
    Opppss my bad...yes .340...sorry

08-23-11 01:35 PM
    I had a friend who also bought a 9930 from Sprint this past Sunday. He was having tons of issues...phone freezing/couldnt set up email/app world freezing/battery life sucked...he went yesterday to Sprint...since 9930 is sold out. They told him he had to come back on weekend or so so they can replace the phone with a new one. I told him just bring the phone to my office...I wiped the phone with bbsak...and installed leaked OS .340. Guess what???? All problems solved...no more issues. That dude was so happy...he bought me lunch hahahahahahaha

08-23-11 04:02 PM
    Any news on the 9930 making its way to Best Buy? BB online chat says they have no idea when it will be available.
    08-23-11 04:50 PM
    Any news on the 9930 making its way to Best Buy? BB online chat says they have no idea when it will be available.
    Ha Ha... Here in Spokane, Washington that's true of half of the Sprint stores. Most got one phone or none at all. The one Northtown mall got one 9930 and no 9850's at all as of Monday night.
    08-23-11 08:29 PM
    I had a friend who also bought a 9930 from Sprint this past Sunday. He was having tons of issues...phone freezing/couldnt set up email/app world freezing/battery life sucked...he went yesterday to Sprint...since 9930 is sold out. They told him he had to come back on weekend or so so they can replace the phone with a new one. I told him just bring the phone to my office...I wiped the phone with bbsak...and installed leaked OS .340. Guess what???? All problems solved...no more issues. That dude was so happy...he bought me lunch hahahahahahaha

Who says there is no such thing as a free lunch!
    Nice to know I did right pulling down the upgrade before the phones even arrive.
    08-23-11 08:31 PM
    I purchased my Bold yesterday. So far I love everything about the phone. Its got to be one of the most "solid" phones I've ever had, software & hardware-wise. I've done the android thing with the original incredible, Evo4G, Epic4G. I've done the iPhone thing with the iP4, along with the original Pre (WebOS). I even had blackberry before, the Storm 1 & 2 and the Tour. I wanted to see what all the apps were about. Most were pretty useful, I must say. What I love about BlackBerry is the battery life, yes my 9930 has fairly good battery life. The stability of the OS must be mentioned as well, although no OS is 100% flawless. Blackberry OS is the most stable for me. I absolutely adore the convenience of being spoiled by the combination of the best keyboard in the business, a touchscreen AND an optical track pad. I've learned that I can have my cake and eat it, too. There aren't tons of apps, but the ones that are available are useful enough. I discovered the camera is bad without the autofocus. To me, this phone is actually fun to use. I just plain' ol' love my new BlackBerry Bold 9930. I feel at home once again, thank you, RIM.

PS: The boot time on this thing caught me by surprise. For a BlackBerry, Its SO fast!
    leftypepper716 likes this.
    08-23-11 08:37 PM
160 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD