Earlier today I visited a Sprint store in Northeast Ohio, and well, it was a very frustrating experience. I was messing around with the PlayBook and got on the subject of upgrading in a week or so. After a few minutes, the rep told me flat out that the new BlackBerry's wont be coming in until the last week of September. I really dont believe him, I'm almost certain he was just saying that so I would buy a droid, but it just left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Basically, I dont know what to believe.
    On Sunday August 21st, get your BB Bold 9930 from another Sprint store, then take it back up to the Sprint store rep who said "Not until late September" and say, "Guess what? I jumped in my Deloreon, and went to September 28th, and got this"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    johnmarki likes this.
    08-13-11 03:51 AM
    I saw on the verzion 99x0 forum I believe it was that one of the members here went to a verzion store and the sales woman told him that he should wait a little bit after it is released because the price is going to drop. So IDK if that would hold true with sprint but I hope so. Mike
    08-13-11 04:11 AM
    If you wait 3 months it might drop $50.00. And maybe in 6 months may $25.00 more. The BB Bold 9650 never went down in price, still $199.00 at Sprint.

08-13-11 05:46 AM
    Hey I know I'm not the only one mad that Verizon gets a head start on pre-orders and we're still sitting ducks. Come on Sprint I have faith in you.

via Nexus S 4G
    JUSTQUAN2 and Mic_Tech like this.
    08-14-11 11:11 PM
    So if anyone here has a friend on VZW and they just ordered their 9930.... KICK THEM IN THE FREAKIN SHINS!!!!!!
    mtmjr90 likes this.
    08-14-11 11:21 PM
    Does anyone know if the Sprint 9930 will be locked within the US; that is, AT&T/T-Mo SIMs will not work? I plan to buy it regardless, but this would be a nice touch.

I agree that $249.99 is a bit pricey, but I think $500 is reasonable for full price. With my 8330 trade up ($50) and selling my 9650 ($140), it brings the price pretty far down
    08-15-11 12:00 AM
    Does anyone know if the Sprint 9930 will be locked within the US; that is, AT&T/T-Mo SIMs will not work? I plan to buy it regardless, but this would be a nice touch.

I agree that $249.99 is a bit pricey, but I think $500 is reasonable for full price. With my 8330 trade up ($50) and selling my 9650 ($140), it brings the price pretty far down
    The 9930 on Sprint will be a global phone, but I do believe it will only work on CDMA in the US.
    08-15-11 07:38 AM
    I just checked with my Sprint Business Rep, who in turn went to her supervisor, and they indicated there appears to be no pre-order option. They could not even pull up pricing on the device or confirm the release date.

Oh well, I guess I just need to hold on until next week.
    08-15-11 08:58 AM
    i plan on paying retail for it p.much.

wife used my upgrade for to replace her dieing samsung moment.

i think i can sell my evo4g for 200$...i know i could of a couple months ago, not sure now since the evo3d is out.

or i'll keep it, my kid seems to enjoy playing games on it. we don't have that 'crying kid in restaurant' issues anymore...now that he is 3...and plays angry birds better than my wife does, ha.
    08-15-11 09:19 AM
    Confirmation Alas! Original post has been updated with Press Release. By the way thanks lefty, you were dead on.

via Nexus S 4G
    johnmarki likes this.
    08-15-11 10:43 AM
    I was Just over at the Sprint store playing with the new Blackberries. I was sold until I had to pay. 499$ Unfortunately I only had a 1 year upgrade. ($75) There is no instant $100 savings if you use your 1year upgrade. The phone is $424. Sorry Rim, too pricey for me, I could buy another playbook. I'll be on the sidelines waiting for q1 2012 phones.
    08-19-11 11:44 AM
    Best Buy's should have the Bold 9930 available for Sprint on the 21st of August. I'm not sure about the price, but it'll either be $249 or maybe.. $199. Remember, no mail in rebates, non-commissioned help and the best protection plans in the industry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-19-11 12:15 PM
    I was Just over at the Sprint store playing with the new Blackberries. I was sold until I had to pay. 499$ Unfortunately I only had a 1 year upgrade. ($75) There is no instant $100 savings if you use your 1year upgrade. The phone is $424. Sorry Rim, too pricey for me, I could buy another playbook. I'll be on the sidelines waiting for q1 2012 phones.
    So they would sell you one already at the sprint store? U didn't have to wait till sunday

08-19-11 12:23 PM
    yes wanted to sell them NOW! I went in wanting just to play and return on Monday and purchase. I spent bout 30 minutes with a rep that was just unboxing. If my children didnt use my upgrade for the latest android I would have walked out with a new phone.
    08-19-11 01:05 PM
    I just found this in Sprint's forums on Cell Phones, Mobile Phones & Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint

Sprint Community: BlackBerry Bold 9930 has no Micro SD...

They're charging $249.99 without including a MicroSD card...WTF!?!
    Of course I'd still swap in my 16 GB from my 9650, but that seems pretty cheap on behalf of Sprint. I really hope they drop it to $199.99 by the time it releases. I'd still pay the $249.99 if it doesn't change...it is the best BlackBerry ever, but it would be nice to have some justification for the increased price relative to other carriers.
    08-19-11 01:26 PM
    http://spotted.blufftontoday.com/pho...php?id=1751383

Here is me today with both Sprint Berries running startup videos.
    08-19-11 01:34 PM
    yes wanted to sell them NOW! I went in wanting just to play and return on Monday and purchase. I spent bout 30 minutes with a rep that was just unboxing. If my children didnt use my upgrade for the latest android I would have walked out with a new phone.
    lucky you...called 3 sprint stores in Miami. All said come on sunday lol
    08-19-11 02:04 PM
    Does anyone know how returns work with Sprint? I plan to buy it outright but I know the price is gonna drop soon... Given that I have zero patience, I'm getting it Sunday but if I return it within 30 days, couldn't I just buy it again and repeat until they drop the price? (I apologize if this is a naive question=/) Thanks!
    08-19-11 02:39 PM
    Do they have them available to try out now?
    08-19-11 02:40 PM
    Does anyone know how returns work with Sprint? I plan to buy it outright but I know the price is gonna drop soon... Given that I have zero patience, I'm getting it Sunday but if I return it within 30 days, couldn't I just buy it again and repeat until they drop the price? (I apologize if this is a naive question=/) Thanks!
    I'm sure u can do that...but why go thru headaches/screw ups on your account to save $50 bucks??? Not worth it you ask me. I try to avoid REPS looking into my account and changing stuff around...so good luck

08-19-11 02:50 PM
    I called one store here and they aren't doing anything with them till Sunday, and if that one is not doing it, the other one is not doing it either, until Sunday. I am kind of glad actually, like I mentioned in another thread, because I remember the Rogers stores were selling them early and ran out of stock. I would not be happy if I waited this long, got up there, and they told they ran out because they decided to sell them early. I will be the first in line here when they open though.
    08-19-11 03:09 PM
    it drops aug 21 in stores. what i hate is how secretative these carriers are...I havent seen anything mentioned about the 9930 on Sprints web page.
    08-19-11 03:26 PM
    Depends...new customers can return a device within' 30 days no questions asked, will give the activation fee back (if they're cancelling Sprint altogether) If it's an upgrade, there is a $35.00 restocking fee (if bought at a Sprint retail store, no charge if it was bought online) If for some reason Sprint does happen to lower the Bold 9930 down to $199.99, Sprint won't credit your account if within' 30 days, you'll have to return it, and rebuy it..sounds pretty stupid round about way to to things, but it'll be the only way if Sprint lowers the price within' 30 days...after 30 days they lower it...you're just screwed lol...PS; upgraders would still have to pay the restocking fee $35...so in the end it's not worth it to get $15.00 back.

08-19-11 03:59 PM
    I just called Sprint store in my area and she said i can come by now to pick it up for 199....I get off in 15 mins and I will be taking her up on that offer.
    08-19-11 04:13 PM
    Hope she didn't misundertand you and have a Bold 9650 waiting for you...Sprint is still selling it for $199.99

08-19-11 04:19 PM
160 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD