hey everyone, i was thinking of unlocking my 9900 since i want to go overseas next week. Will I be able to update the software the same way i do it now after the unlocking? or will it brick?

thanks in advance
    12-16-11 04:41 PM
    Everything will still the same, you will be able to updgrade the os and do everything as normal
    12-16-11 04:48 PM
    Yes, you will be able do update the same way as now. If you always go with official updates, it will be pushed to your phone (OTA updates) from your carrier and/or it will be available for you through the Download Manager software.

Also, you can load any leaked or other carrier's official OS versions if you want regardless of if the phone is locked or unlocked. This type of lock we talk about here only lock the SIM/network, etc, etc. No effect on the phone's functions other that that.

All the best!
    12-16-11 05:22 PM
    It is unlocked for good, once you enter the unlock code.
    12-16-11 06:20 PM
    When you unlock your Blackberry it will stay unlocked even if you wipe the device.

You should unlock your Blackberry Bold 9900 only once and you can use it with GSM sim cards from other carriers without any need to re-unlock or something like that..
    You Blackberry will stay unlocked for good.
    12-16-11 11:56 PM
    Unlocking does not affect any other phone functions. First thing we do in my family is unlock. Then we put on the latest OS whenever one comes along. Not one issue with any of the processes to date.
    12-17-11 07:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD