Hi all,

I just bought an unlock code for my Telus Bold 9900 but I don't have a foreign SIM card yet. Can it still be unlocked with just using my Telus SIM card? I'm concerned because the instructions say "Insert a non accepted sim card."

Thanks!
    12-31-11 12:08 PM
    Yes you can unlock it without another sim. Just go into the sim menu on your phone and type MEPD. A new menu will be displayed. Then type mep2 and you will then have an option to type in your unlock code.
    12-31-11 01:03 PM
    Here is a link from freemyblackberry.com Instructions
    12-31-11 01:10 PM
    I got a free unlock code from these guys and it worked perfectly btw
    12-31-11 01:11 PM
    Yes you can unlock it without another sim. Just go into the sim menu on your phone and type MEPD. A new menu will be displayed. Then type mep2 and you will then have an option to type in your unlock code.
    I tried typing in mepd and mep2 but nothing came up. Please help.
    12-31-11 03:17 PM
    I'm still using my Telus SIM and beside "Network" it says "Active". Everything else is disabled. Does this mean it is unlocked? There was no confirmation when I entered in the unlock code.

Thanks
    12-31-11 03:36 PM
    Leave it up to the professionals.

Your device is still locked if it says active beside network. With the 9900 and os7 devices,

in the sim card menu do the following:

Hold down the alt key and type mepe at the same time.

It will prompt you for the unlock code and press enter. It will say code accepted if it is the correct code.

When you type mepd in the sim card menu, you will now see inactive/disabled beside network.

Happy New Year.
    Positive Climb likes this.
    12-31-11 04:21 PM
    Ok so I entered the unlock code and it accepted it. Now beside Network it says "Inactive." Everything else says disabled. Is it now unlocked?

Thanks!
    12-31-11 11:01 PM
    Yes, that's unlocked.
    12-31-11 11:09 PM
    Ok so I entered the unlock code and it accepted it. Now beside Network it says "Inactive." Everything else says disabled. Is it now unlocked?

Thanks!
    Yes, my unlocked Telus also reads Inactive on Network. Telus only use the network lock so others should read Disable.
    12-31-11 11:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD