Hey Everyone,

I'm moving to the states for 4 months this summer. I want to buy outright a bold touch from ATT then bring it home to ontario to use on rogers.

Does anyone know what the unlocking procedure will be like? I remember my first BB all i did was found a guy on the internet and gave him my imei number to unlock it?
    Will the unlocking process be similar to that?

Thanks
    04-24-11 10:25 AM
    Yes it should be similar, just go to FreeMyBlackBerry.com and they would hook u up!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-11 11:56 AM
    Will it actually work out cheaper to do that though, for a new device that both carriers have.
    04-25-11 05:51 AM
    buying the unlock code costs under ten dollars.

04-25-11 06:33 AM
    It will work out cheaper. In Canada our dollar is stronger than the USD so I will get a discount on the currency, and also since ATT has so much more volume, usually buying new devices outright are 100$ cheaper than rogers at launch.

Tedzone, where can I buy it?
    04-25-11 10:18 AM
    It will work out cheaper. In Canada our dollar is stronger than the USD so I will get a discount on the currency, and also since ATT has so much more volume, usually buying new devices outright are 100$ cheaper than rogers at launch.

And I'm in the UK and the pound is a fair bit stronger so I will get a nice discount if I decide to unlock mine, which is why I may use this site.
    04-25-11 05:49 PM

when the time comes, pm me the imei and I'll get u the code.

bvlaar likes this.
    04-28-11 06:13 AM
    don't bother paying more than a couple bucks on an unlock code. just go on ebay and search once its released.
    04-28-11 06:50 AM
    when the time comes, pm me the imei and I'll get u the code.

Thank you sir
    04-28-11 05:10 PM

You should google the conversion rates before assuming that. Your Canadian dollar will buy more these days here but there is still a bit of a bump.

04-30-11 09:30 PM
    don't bother paying more than a couple bucks on an unlock code. just go on ebay and search once its released.
    True that - too many sellers unlocking now. Easily get it for dirt cheap.
    04-30-11 09:53 PM
    we can do it for free if you like or there's unlock code contests as well. pm us if you want we'll do it for free
    04-30-11 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD