Let's just say I buy a Rogers 9900 outright and get it unlocked, Will it work fine with T-Mo in the US since they're both GSM? I don't want people to think this is a dumb question, but I don't think this point has be brought up (I'm just to impatient to wait for it to drop in the States). Do yall think there will be problems? I know I'll void the warranty but that's why they made OtterBoxes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-11 02:17 AM
    Let's just say I buy a Rogers 9900 outright and get it unlocked, Will it work fine with T-Mo in the US since they're both GSM? I don't want people to think this is a dumb question, but I don't think this point has be brought up (I'm just to impatient to wait for it to drop in the States). Do yall think there will be problems? I know I'll void the warranty but that's why they made OtterBoxes

It will only work on 2G u won't be able to pick up 3G

08-11-11 02:21 AM
    UMA wont work either unless you access the escreens and get the tmobile certs and enter the correct uma protocol.

I bought a Refurbished rogers 8320 a few years ago and it took the better part of a night to get the UMA working.
    08-11-11 02:25 AM
    hmm nevermind!

i guess there will be a 9900 aws version
    i thought it was one 9900 that fits all
    Last edited by jsn204; 08-11-11 at 03:26 AM. Reason: ahh nm i was wrong
    08-11-11 03:15 AM
    You won't get 3G. But just wait a little longer. It's rumored to come out this month on the 29th-31st on T-Mobile.
    08-11-11 03:19 AM
    Would be a huge waste IMO. No 3G. Only 2G. I'll pass.
    08-11-11 07:49 AM

If you're looking at compatible canadian carriers, Wind Mobile is the only one fully compatible with T-MO USA.
    08-11-11 07:52 AM
    It NOT a dumb question! BUT you are probably better off waiting on TMobile, besides getting access to contract pricing, IF you can, you will also be getting a slightly different device with different frequencies. Since 3G, TMobile started using a different frequency then ATT, Rogers, etc. So with a Rogers, Telus, or Bell, 9900 you would get only 2G or below.
    08-11-11 07:59 AM

Good question indeed. What about picking it up in the us next month and use it for vodafone in the netherlands(europe) would that work ?

08-11-11 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD