Hello everyone,
    I have a blackberry 9900 with no network lock on it, I bought it in qatar. I went to canada on vacation, and used a rogers simcard while I was there, only social blackberry which means that I didn't have any emails linked to my phone. I returned to qatar and now the blackberry is working, but I can not setup my emails, everytime I go to setup it gives me rogers!! Is there any way to solve this, my blackberry is worthless if my emails r not linked to it.

Any help would be appreciated.
    12-27-11 05:40 PM
    I assume that you have a full data plan with whatever carrier you are with now. You won't be able to use email at all on a social networking data plan.

My gut is that if you have a full data plan that the issue relates to existing provisioning and service book files from Rogers. I cant recall where in the options on a 9700 you would go to delete them. I think alternatively you could backup your data, wipe the device, reinstall the operating system and then do only a selective restore.
    12-27-11 08:36 PM
    What...you only have the Rogers e-mail account showing in the choice lists??? Doesn't make any sense. How are you trying to setup your e-mail accounts exactly?
    12-27-11 11:00 PM
    You need to reload the OS and then place your sim card and let it register on the network
    12-27-11 11:23 PM
    Right now I'm backin qatar, and. I have a full data plan here, email and social, and I'm going to setup and trying to setup the email and it shows me rogers only thru the setup and when I do setup, it gives me that I added the email but I dnt get the icon nodo I receive any. Emails. I already reloaded the OS and updated to .540, but I did not wipe the phone, would that solve my problem? Ill wipe the phone, but will it resolve this?

Thank for all the replies, greatly appreciated
    12-28-11 04:10 AM
    why don't you give a advance backup (contact, sms, emails,bbm,etc)
    and give a good wipe to your device.
    12-28-11 04:14 AM
    Take custom backup just contacts and anyother important data than wipe ur device and instal os provided by ur service provider
    12-28-11 07:00 AM
    You can delete the rogers service books in options-device-adavanced-service books
    12-28-11 05:07 PM
    Just received an email from rogers that my service has been deactivated and that I can setup my emails with my current service provider. Keeping in mind I didn't have email service in canada, anyhow I will be wiping either way just to have a clean setup, because all my email attachments such as pictures r not being downloaded, thank you everyone for all the help, greatly appreciated!
    12-30-11 05:43 AM
    Your welcome.
    12-30-11 09:16 AM
    Hello all,
    I need help resetting my bb 9900. I attempted to download an update from the app world and during the download process my phone froze and I haven't been able since. (2 days) I completed several battery pulls but the phone remains frozen and i am unable to access the menu to wipe the phone. pls any suggestions would be helpful.http://cdn-forums.crackberry.com/ima...ilies/confused.
    03-02-12 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD