Just a quick one please.
    I was going to go a much cheaper route and get a brand new unlocked 9900 from eBay but I am on 02.... Which means ( after speaking to 02 online sales today) that it will not have any of the preset setting for the media etc so I have to put it in manually to make all the date etc work.
    She said that if I get a genuine 02 sim free 9900 it will have the settings all in and will have to do nothing..... Has anyone here done that and purchased an unlocked and how easy was it to activate and make fully functional on your 02 network.
    Please can you reply ASAP
    I thank you in advance my Berry friends
    01-11-12 07:04 PM
    the mms and wap settings are readily available.

it shouldnt take you more than 10 minutes do to yourself. and the date shows up automatically.

I would call back and speak to another rep and have them email you the instructions.
    01-11-12 07:08 PM
    You were given the usual misinformation by customer service reps.

All the settings you'll need will be automatically sent to your phone via service books as soon as you turn it on with an O2 SIM in it.
    01-11-12 07:11 PM
    I called them today as I asked them for advice as on eBay I was corresponding with 2 buyers, one had a 2 month old 9900 which he had bought from carphomewarehouse and it was unlocked, 02 said that if I buy it then I would have to manually put all the settings in to make it work including also the mms settings.
    Then I also asked her an advertised unwanted upgrade fully boxed 02 9900 and she said that if I buy an 02 one then I just pop in my sim and everything will work BUT when I asked about the warranty she explained that the warranty is absolutely non transferable And only stands with the original buyer so if a fault occurred then I would have to send it back to the eBay seller who would then send it back to O2 and then get it fixed and then he would send it back to me!!!! Then I phoned up RIM and They said that was correct, I cannot send it direct to rim to be fixed as it must go back to the original source who has purchased the handset as the warranty is with them.
    The thing is I have a chance of getting another one tomorrow about 20'min drive away for 275 or do I pay 479 and go with 02?????????
    Also phoned up carphonewarehouse and they said that was correct, the warranty is with the original purchaser and cannot be swopped. If I had to get it sent to rim for repair myself she said you are looking at the 170 mark
    01-11-12 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD