Hi,
    I got the Bb 9900 Bold form T-Mobile and unlocked it to use with my att account. But unfortunately it only gets EDGE signals. I never get the 3G or 4G. Can anyone help me on that.

Btw because of that i bought a second unlock code from a different site. But i couldnt try it yet cause the phone doesn't let me to change the code.

Waiting for advices.

Thanks!!!!!
    10-20-11 01:55 PM
    Tmobile and AT&T use different frequency bands, you'll only be able to get 2G (Edge).
    Jeff Gulcan likes this.
    10-20-11 02:04 PM
    The only other version of the 9900 that uses the same 3G/4G bands as T-Mobile is WIND in Canada. No other 9900 will work - as Speczorz mentioned, you will only be able to connect to EDGE.
    Jeff Gulcan likes this.
    10-20-11 03:08 PM
    Btw because of that i bought a second unlock code from a different site. But i couldnt try it yet cause the phone doesn't let me to change the code.
    FYI:
    A phone can only be unlocked once. There was no need to purchase a 2nd code - once it's unlocked it can never be locked again.
    10-20-11 03:11 PM
    The only other version of the 9900 that uses the same 3G/4G bands as T-Mobile is WIND in Canada. No other 9900 will work - as Speczorz mentioned, you will only be able to connect to EDGE.
    he not looking to use the phone on T-Mobile, he looking to use it on ATT network

i think some of you missed the point of the OP.

You can't get 3G/4G Connection on ATT using a T-mobile unlocked device, You will have to either sell that T-Mobile one and get a Rogers or Telus version and unlock it.

T-Mobile use difference bands then ATT and other carriers, the phone is unlocked you dont need a 2nd unlock code

like i said, if you want 3g speeds on att you need to sell that one n get the rogers one, they range from $400-$800 on ebay

Click here for Rogers 9900
    10-20-11 07:03 PM
    he not looking to use the phone on T-Mobile, he looking to use it on ATT network

i think some of you missed the point of the OP.

You can't get 3G/4G Connection on ATT using a T-mobile unlocked device, You will have to either sell that T-Mobile one and get a Rogers or Telus version and unlock it.

T-Mobile use difference bands then ATT and other carriers, the phone is unlocked you dont need a 2nd unlock code

like i said, if you want 3g speeds on att you need to sell that one n get the rogers one, they range from $400-$800 on ebay

Click here for Rogers 9900

You're correct, I had it backwards
    Info still holds though, just in reverse. A Tmo 9900 will only get 3G/4G on Tmo or Wind. For AT&T you need a 9900 from Rogers, Telus, Bell or Virgin Canada (or wait for AT&T to release it themselves. According to info in other threads it should be sometime next month).
    10-20-11 09:46 PM
    You will only receive 2G with the tmobile version.
    10-21-11 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD