Ok, please can you let me know the following:

I am coming back to BB after a few months away and was waiting for the 9790 to drop here in the uk.....seems like another 3 weeks and cannot wait so am searching eBay (flea-bay) for a 9900..... Now I am and have been on O2 in the uk for years and have always got a O2 handset so when you turn it on the O2 logo appears.
    I have a chance to get a unlocked one but can your tell me exactly what the difference is between an O2 and the locked one......just a bit concerned that the O2 one may have a specific os version that the unlocked may not as when I have had an o2 blackberry before I only upgraded the os when I checked the O2 website re what the latest os was for the blackberry I was using.
    If you can let me know the exact and technical differences that would be really appreciated.
    All the very best.
    Magician
    12-29-11 04:48 PM
    you just have to make sure the unlocked berry you are obtaining has the same bands as the O2 network so you get 3G or 4G if you get it. You load any OS pertaining to the phone from any carrier you want, it doesn't affect it.
    12-29-11 05:08 PM
    You need to make sure the frequencies line up to your carrier's
    12-29-11 07:54 PM
    You don't need to worry about bands or frequencies... the UK uses 3G band 1 (2100Mhz), and both 9900 versions have that.
    12-29-11 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD