Which do you use? I had rhe original curve and then moved to apple then android and now I'm back with the 9930. When I had the curve there wasn't a universal search option so I used the keyboard shortcut.
    01-08-12 09:20 PM
    Keyboard shorcuts for sure. Universal search is nice though. All you gotta do is type S and it opens as well.
    01-08-12 09:31 PM
    Keyboard shortcuts is one of my favorite BB features. Just press S, and Universal Search is available too.
    01-08-12 10:58 PM
  4. T
    I was always a keyboard shortcut fanatic, but I tried Universal Search about six months ago and became thoroughly hooked on it. Strictly speaking, keyboard shortcuts is still the superior method, especially because pressing "s" will still give you Universal Search. But for me, it's become a matter of having to think as little as possible (or not at all). That's why I like Universal Search: just type a contact's name, menu key, then T for text, E for email, or click on the contact and scroll to one of the linked IM options, or just hit the green call key. It's not that I can't remember the shortcuts; I know them all by heart. But even though it's second nature, it's still something to think about ... like in advance. It's like when I know I want to communicate with someone, if I'm using shortcuts I have to decide in advance which method of communication: compose for email, one of the IM apps, phone call, etc. I know it's ridiculous, because I probably already know what I want to do, but with Universal Search it's like I have an additional split second to decide as I'm starting to type a contact's name. I also make full use of the app switcher (press and hold BlackBerry key) to reach the browser, etc. And I've found that typing "cal" to reach calendar, "tas" to reach tasks, and so forth is pretty fast, and any extra typing that may be necessary is offset by the benefit of reaching contacts fast from the home screen. Anyway I type fast. Perhaps the word I'm looking for is intuitive. Yea, Universal Search is intuitive.
    01-08-12 11:36 PM
    Both are very useful but I prefer universal search at the moment.
    01-09-12 12:34 AM
    Universal Search...
    every entity is visible using universal search.
    01-09-12 03:19 AM
    Keyboard shortcuts
    01-09-12 07:02 AM
    Keyboard shortcuts FTW. Universal Search is a single keystroke or screen touch away. Best of both worlds. I use US a lot, too.
    01-09-12 07:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD