It appears my Task database is corrupt. I get an uncaught exception after boot and anytime I try to start the Tasks application along the lines of "Uncaught exception ApplicationRegistry.getOrWaitFor(xxx) ... owner died Thread [Thread-xxx]". I've tried different things (e.g. Battery Pull, Soft Restart, Re-install Core Apps, checking app permissions - I can't for this app) and nothing helps which probably makes it more likely it is a data problem. I have backups but cannot restore from Desktop Manager (it tells me Tasks is read only and cannot be restored) and Blackberry Protect (it just fails the restore).

I've read some people have had success with backing up Tasks to a Desktop file and restoring or, clearing out the database. I am guessing these are features of an older version of Desktop Manager. Anyone know where I can get a version of DM that does that? Or have any other ideas?

The only other thing I can think to do is Switch Devices from a previous one I used and attempt to restore the database after that. Not even sure that would work though.
    Last edited by drumrdfox; 04-18-16 at 01:07 PM.
    04-18-16 11:21 AM
    BlackBerry Protect has possibility to backup your tasks, ect. as I remember.
    04-19-16 12:14 AM
    To resolve my problem overall, I wiped all data and left the apps. After doing that, Tasks Database was no longer "Read Only" in Desktop Manager and I was able to restore it and my other data. Tasks have been working fine since.

Blackberry Protect did backup my Tasks but could not restore them. When I tried, I got a message that "Restore Failed". I had a more recent backup in Blackberry Protect than on Desktop Manager but when I wiped the phone data and went back into Protect, the most recent backup no longer showed up.
    04-23-16 07:35 AM