For those who never got rid of it another way yet - http://www.truesupplier.com/blackber...-pr-29299.html
    mhw100 likes this.
    10-10-11 02:09 PM
    How do you go about replacing it on the 99xx's? Mike

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-11 02:33 PM
    Mine is unbranded. Took it off using nail polish remover and a cotton bud as was suggested a while back in some random thread. Works like a charm and saves that money for other things like...booze.
    pinkvikchick and Zudeo like this.
    10-10-11 03:29 PM
    But does it look normal I mean any wear on the spot where the logo use to be?

10-10-11 03:31 PM
    It looks normal unless you look at it very very closely and have the light hitting it at just the correct angle. It does not at all look bad. Try it before shelling out the cash. I was very impressed and it took me about 5 mins total. That included that awkward 45 seconds of my wife giving me a blank, somewhat confused stare when I asked softly where her nail polish remover was. I should have taken a picture.
    10-10-11 03:37 PM
    So nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol?

10-10-11 03:46 PM
    It looks normal unless you look at it very very closely and have the light hitting it at just the correct angle. It does not at all look bad. Try it before shelling out the cash. I was very impressed and it took me about 5 mins total. That included that awkward 45 seconds of my wife giving me a blank, somewhat confused stare when I asked softly where her nail polish remover was. I should have taken a picture.
    Actually, I saw that "shadow" as well, but I used some more nail polish remover and it ALL came away! No image or sign of the logo at all! Just need to be patient and gentle with the nail polish remover and the Q-tip and it all comes off.
    10-10-11 03:50 PM
    Also, if you are in Canada and buying the phone outright or on Telus, all Bold 9900 from Telus do not have the logo printed.
    10-10-11 03:57 PM
    So nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol?

I'm pretty sure rubbing alcohol might work but I can't tell you definitively as I have not tried it first hand. I can only vouch for my wife's brand of nail polish remover honestly.
    10-10-11 04:03 PM
    Big thanks and been waiting for this. I want my Roger's branded piece in the event of a warranty repair or when I sell the phone.

Plus I've seen lot of devices with it wiped off with nail polish remover and there is a ghost image left.

Just ordered and thanks again.
    10-10-11 04:21 PM
    All you need is any cheap nail polish remover and a cue tip. I just went to the dollar shop and bought some, dabbed a little bit onto the cue tip, rubbed in a circular motion and it came off within 2 minutes. No need to buy another piece and pry open your phone.
    10-10-11 04:25 PM
    But does anybody know say if I didnt want to go the route of using nail polish remover how would you go about removing the branded piece?
    10-10-11 06:00 PM
    But does anybody know say if I didnt want to go the route of using nail polish remover how would you go about removing the branded piece?
    johnmarki likes this.
    10-10-11 06:37 PM
    Thanks for the link that looks super easy to do but can't really see hownis the piece held onto the phone by glue or tabs?

10-10-11 06:54 PM
    If it was held on with glue, we would not be able to change the piece with an aftermarket one.
    10-10-11 06:59 PM
    Well that's why I was wondering
    10-10-11 07:37 PM
    "If it was held on with glue, we would not be able to change the piece with an aftermarket one. "

Well, I just got mine and it is held on with glue!!!! Now I'm left wondering what 'glue' to use???? I stuck my Rogers one back on because the truesupplier piece is absolutely useless without some kind of adhesive material.

Anyone know what would be a good glue to use so that it can be pryed off again if need be.
    Last edited by mhw100; 10-25-11 at 01:34 AM.
    10-24-11 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD