hey, plz help me .
    i m using bb9810 and i cannot complete the setup with an error message " an internet connection is required to complete this action" ,while confirming my phone#.
    i have checked in different areas, with different connection and my all other apps including whatsapp is working perfectly fine , i am not using BIS , just wifi .
    05-15-13 10:37 AM
    hey, plz help me .
    i m using bb9810 and i cannot complete the setup with an error message " an internet connection is required to complete this action" ,while confirming my phone#.
    i have checked in different areas, with different connection and my all other apps including whatsapp is working perfectly fine , i am not using BIS , just wifi .
    It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
    2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
    TCP: 5242 + 4244
    UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer)

* If it still fails, please specify what country you're located in, and which cellular network you're subscribed to.
    05-16-13 06:47 AM
    its been third time i have re installed the viber , but problem still appears the same,
    i m living in Pakistan , and my network is ufone .
    thanks
    05-16-13 09:11 AM
    its been third time i have re installed the viber , but problem still appears the same,
    i m living in Pakistan , and my network is ufone .
    thanks
    Have you run the tests we suggested in our original response to you?
    Also, have you contacted your cellular provider and ISP (WiFi) to check if Viber is blocked?
    05-16-13 11:01 AM
    I'm using the 9900 and viber doesn't work over wifi but works only when I enable the data services i.e it uses my data plan which I don't want it while on the other hand I have what's app installed too which works perfectly on both wifi and my data plan when I want it to so what is wrong with viber why doesn't it work only on my wifi ??
    I am from jordan
    Thank you
    05-18-13 10:50 AM
    i have the same problem i am using 8520 on wifi and i can't make calls but when i restart my phone it works great but when i get out of range it never works till the next restart i am from egypt using vodafone and this is how it's looks like when i am trying to make a call Unable to use viber over wifi-screenshot_2013-05-19_03-48-35_by_s4bb.jpg
    notice : my wifi is on and connected well
    05-18-13 09:01 PM
    Have you run the tests we suggested in our original response to you?
    Also, have you contacted your cellular provider and ISP (WiFi) to check if Viber is blocked?
    yes i have run all the checks , opened the ports mentioned, still the same error. it runs perfect on any other device like my android using same connection and wifi, but i got 2bbs and it isnt running on either
    05-19-13 03:13 AM
    All,

Thank you for your reports.
    Please see my original response in this thread, about the ports on the WiFi network.
    If you've checked the ports and made sure this isn't a local network issue, then we kindly ask that you take a minute and report the details of the problem to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to add the URL of our conversation). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance
    05-19-13 03:42 AM
    i have the same problem with my blackberry. i have been trying to resolve the issue for quite a long time now. i have checked the ports and all other possible solutions that viber team offered. but when i told the viber team about the issue, i got the same reply to check my ports. this is really frustrating. i initially had the same problem with whatsapp. then i edited the application permissions for it and changed them to "allow". i tried doing the same for viber but it makes no difference. viber works with wifi when i take out my sim. otherwise, it prefers working over sim. that is the main issue with all of us. please help.
    05-20-13 12:43 PM
    @xahra -

This is a known issue, and we're hoping to fix it in our upcoming update. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience, and we'd appreciate if you could get back to us after installing our next update and report whether or not the problem has been fixed

Thank you!
    05-21-13 06:44 AM
    Hi! I just tried using viber via wifi with my blackberry bold 9900. But it doesn't work. But when i tried to turn ON my data services, it worked via wifi. I'm telling you that it WORKED via wifi with my data service ON because I don't have a credit/load in my account. Atleast i can use my viber via wifi.

Maybe try to change network mode to 2G for you not to be charge in your account. (Just try!) maybe it will work.
    05-25-13 10:55 PM
    Hi everyone.

In order for wifi to work on BB phones you must have data services enabled.

Try a test with another application , example Opera mini browser.
    Enable both data and wifi.
    Now launch Opera.
    This will work on wifi.
    Now disable wifi .
    Again use Opera ,now it will work with data connection. (if you don't have active plan it won't connect )

Viber works the same way.
    To use on data connection , make sure to enable TCP/IP.
    05-26-13 03:50 AM
    Forgot to mention , I do have Viber working on 2 BB'S. The 9900 (Os 7.1) & 9520 (Os 5 ).

Also on another Android phone.
    All working fine.

Many thanks to Viber for an excellent product !
    05-26-13 04:04 AM
    Hi guys,

This problem is known to us. It will be fixed on OS7 soon (we will release a version that resolves the problem).
    Please note that on OS5 + OS6 this is the inherent behavior of Blackberry devices (you can check your browser when data services are disabled, and you'll see that it doesn't work as well), and so unfortunately Viber will behave similarly in the case of OS5 + OS6.
    05-28-13 04:39 AM
    Hi guys,

This problem is known to us. It will be fixed on OS7 soon (we will release a version that resolves the problem).
    Please note that on OS5 + OS6 this is the inherent behavior of Blackberry devices (you can check your browser when data services are disabled, and you'll see that it doesn't work as well), and so unfortunately Viber will behave similarly in the case of OS5 + OS6.
    Could you please be more descriptive with 'soon' as in after how long we should check back for the update ?
    Any rough idea how long would it take
    05-28-13 08:33 AM
    Could you please be more descriptive with 'soon' as in after how long we should check back for the update ?
    Any rough idea how long would it take
    We wouldn't want to mention a specific date, but we're not talking about many weeks.
    We're working on it as hard as we can.

* By the way - even if your data services is enabled, but WiFi is also enabled, then as far as we understand WiFi will be used in reality (and not the data services), because it has priority. So in actuality, no cellular data will be used in this case.
    05-30-13 06:09 AM
    I have BB 9900...the viber dsnt work on the wifi and even with data services on, it always restarts the fone...the voice quality is also hopelessly poor...atleast viber ppl shd have the character n honesty n stop lying on their website that viber works on wifi...
    second it wd be interesting to know what "soon" means in viber dictionary...
    05-31-13 03:27 PM
    I have BB 9900...the viber dsnt work on the wifi and even with data services on, it always restarts the fone...the voice quality is also hopelessly poor...atleast viber ppl shd have the character n honesty n stop lying on their website that viber works on wifi...
    second it wd be interesting to know what "soon" means in viber dictionary...
    As we've explained, the WiFi problem is a native Blackberry problem, except for OS7. On OS7 we (Viber) plan to fix the problem in our upcoming update.

If the problem occurs to you on data services as well, then we recommend to contact your carrier for help on this matter.
    06-02-13 09:40 AM
    As we've explained, the WiFi problem is a native Blackberry problem, except for OS7. On OS7 we (Viber) plan to fix the problem in our upcoming update.

If the problem occurs to you on data services as well, then we recommend to contact your carrier for help on this matter.

Hi Viber the update 4.2.102 is this what we all have been waiting for ??
    06-04-13 11:44 PM
    Hi Viber the update 4.2.102 is this what we all have been waiting for ??
    Hi,

If you're running OS7, yep.
    It should fix the WiFi issue

I'd appreciate feedback from you after upgrading and trying it out.
    06-05-13 04:02 PM
    Hi,

If you're running OS7, yep.
    It should fix the WiFi issue

I'd appreciate feedback from you after upgrading and trying it out.

Hi Viber

The issue has been fixed and now my Viber is working over wifi only.

Thanks much appreciated
    Viber likes this.
    06-05-13 10:14 PM
    Hi everybody this is the OP speaking it is to be noted that the latest update of Viber has fixed the issue which we all were troubled with please upgrade to it and don't forget to thank the Viber team for their positive response and this swift upgrade to the bug.

Thanks
    Viber likes this.
    06-05-13 10:18 PM
    the issue was fixed only a few weeks later..thank you for the timely response
    Viber likes this.
    07-27-13 06:55 AM
    Hi

As I see you're a Viber representative I'd like to ask you a question too.

I have installed Viber and texting works perfectly. When on wifi I can call anyone but as soon as a person wants to pick up the call, it gets disconnected. It's the same the other way around; if somebody calls me and I pick up it says the call was disconnected. Every time. What is the problem? How do I solve this?

Thank you
    Julie.
    09-19-13 04:01 AM
    Hi

As I see you're a Viber representative I'd like to ask you a question too.

I have installed Viber and texting works perfectly. When on wifi I can call anyone but as soon as a person wants to pick up the call, it gets disconnected. It's the same the other way around; if somebody calls me and I pick up it says the call was disconnected. Every time. What is the problem? How do I solve this?

Thank you
    Julie.
    Hey Julie I'm no Viber representative but I think you should try re-downloading the app and giving the required permissions to the app for its proper functioning.
    This should fix the problem
    09-19-13 11:16 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD