I'm using the 9900 and viber doesn't work over wifi but works only when I enable the data services i.e it uses my data plan which I don't want it while on the other hand I have what's app installed too which works perfectly on both wifi and my data plan when I want it to so what is wrong with viber why doesn't it work only on my wifi ??

Thank you
    03-26-13 03:13 AM
    Hi there,
    This is Viber's official rep. I'm here to help.

It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.
    1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
    2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled (""forwarded"") on your routers or firewalls:
    TCP: 5242 + 4244
    UDP: 5243 + 9785
    (if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer)

If the issue persists - please let us know.

Thanks,
    Viber Team
    03-27-13 08:03 AM
    Thank you for your reply i'll look into the matter.
    03-28-13 05:54 AM
    Hi, I got the same issue. Other app same viber are working fine. I have to enable data service or BIS if I want to use viber.
    At my home, we have 3 phone used viber (2 android and 1 bb 9900), the other 2 android working fine, except bb9900. I also try uninstall and install another version but it is look like same issue. So I think this is not problem because of the ports on my routers.
    Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks
    04-23-13 04:37 AM
    Hi, I got the same issue. Other app same viber are working fine. I have to enable data service or BIS if I want to use viber.
    At my home, we have 3 phone used viber (2 android and 1 bb 9900), the other 2 android working fine, except bb9900. I also try uninstall and install another version but it is look like same issue. So I think this is not problem because of the ports on my routers.
    Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks
    Hi,
    First, please note that with most routers, ports can be blocked by 'client' (meaning - per device, per IP). This might be the case here, so you may want to look into it.

Now, please test Viber on a few different WiFi networks. Does it work on them?
    liptonpc likes this.
    04-23-13 04:53 AM
    Hi,

Thank for your reply.
    My case like this, I try to test bb9900 with different wifi networks and got the same result - not working with data services off (The viber only can recive the sms from other viber users, sending not working). If I do not enable Data services, this will not working (only can receive the sms from others viber users). However, When I used Data services, this will charge me. But after my account have no more money and Data services still on, viber still working fine with wifi + data services on + no money in my account.

About blocked per device, I am not sure about this. Because I got only 1 bb9900, so i can not test this. Now I'm living in Malaysia.
    Thank for your concern.
    04-23-13 06:58 PM
    Hi,

Thank for your reply.
    My case like this, I try to test bb9900 with different wifi networks and got the same result - not working with data services off (The viber only can recive the sms from other viber users, sending not working). If I do not enable Data services, this will not working (only can receive the sms from others viber users). However, When I used Data services, this will charge me. But after my account have no more money and Data services still on, viber still working fine with wifi + data services on + no money in my account.

About blocked per device, I am not sure about this. Because I got only 1 bb9900, so i can not test this. Now I'm living in Malaysia.
    Thank for your concern.
    Thank you for the info.
    Hmmm.. this is a strange situation. This actually might be a problem with the device itself (since, like you explained, Viber works on WiFi, if your account is out of money).

We recommend that you contact Blackberry support with this. It seems like Viber CAN work on both WiFi and data (cellular connection) on your device. Meaning, the chances that this is a problem originated by Viber is very slim.
    04-25-13 06:59 AM
    Hi there,

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
    2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled (""forwarded"") on your routers or firewalls:
    (if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer)

Thanks,
    Viber Team

Hello team Viber as you guys had suggested I did check the ports you asked to be made enabled and I also checked with my ISP they even assured that those ports were enabled on my router and I also tried re-installing Viber along with testing it on other wifi hot spots but nothing worked and I receive the same error that I need to connect to the internet whereas I already am connected but whenever I turn on my data services Viber magically starts to work with or without wifi being on on my device but obviously that way Viber is eating up all the money in my account and another thing that I forgot to mention that on android devices Viber works fine but it does not on my BB9900, looking forward to hear from you.
    Thanks
    04-25-13 09:25 AM
    @beryfan -

Hi,
    What country are you located in? Which cellular network?
    04-26-13 04:40 AM
    I have the same issue with my Bold 9900 running Viber 2.3 and beta.

Can't connect with only Wifi turned on as 'data services' must also be activated. This is not an ideal use case because I generally don't want to use 'data services' and pay data charges when I'm without Wifi coverage.

In summary, Viber for Blackberry does not entirely work with Wifi...unless 'data services' is turned on which is a pity since other apps like facebook and whatsapp have the ability to operate well with Wifi without having 'data services' on all the time.
    04-26-13 07:30 AM
    @beryfan -

Hi,
    What country are you located in? Which cellular network?

I'm from Pakistan and I use Warid as my cellular network.

Other apps such as what's app and twitter run just fine on wifi only viber has some issue.
    04-26-13 09:59 AM
    @Daniel CL and @beryfan -

I am not sure I fully understand the situation...
    When you connect to WiFi, and then you enable "data services", doesn't that essentially mean that you STOPPED connecting to WiFi, and switched your phone to 3G (cellular data)? Are you saying that Viber simply does not work on all of the different WiFi networks you tested, and only works on the cellular network?

We kindly ask that you take a minute and report the details of the problem to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to add the URL of our conversation).

When you explain the problem in the ticket, make sure to include all details, and all of the tests you've already performed (a summary of our conversation here). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance
    04-26-13 10:35 AM
    @Daniel CL and @beryfan -

I am not sure I fully understand the situation...
    When you connect to WiFi, and then you enable "data services", doesn't that essentially mean that you STOPPED connecting to WiFi, and switched your phone to 3G (cellular data)? Are you saying that Viber simply does not work on all of the different WiFi networks you tested, and only works on the cellular network?

We kindly ask that you take a minute and report the details of the problem to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to add the URL of our conversation).

When you explain the problem in the ticket, make sure to include all details, and all of the tests you've already performed (a summary of our conversation here). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance

Yes this is exactly what I'm saying. I have to switch to my cellular data BECAUSE viber does not work over wifi and says that this action requires an internet connection so essentially what I'm saying is that viber is not working on my device regardless of the fact that on which wifi router I am and I have already tried re-installing the app but of no vain and I'm really disappointed as I won't be able to use the newly arrived wifi calling facility.
    Please do look into this issue
    Thanks
    05-01-13 09:46 AM
    Viber worked perfectly with my data plan was on. But now i don't have any data plan and i tried working it over wifi but somehow when i try to call someone this messages pops up "There is a problem with your device's 3G connection. Meanwhile, you can place calls via Wifi" now how do i do that? Any help please? Much appreciated.
    05-01-13 01:14 PM
    @beryfan & OmarAlSaqqa -

Please use the link we provided above and report the problem to our Support Team (specifying the URL of this page).

Also, please specify what country you're located in, and which cellular network.
    05-01-13 01:27 PM
    I'm using the 9900 and viber doesn't work over wifi but works only when I enable the data services i.e it uses my data plan which I don't want it while on the other hand I have what's app installed too which works perfectly on both wifi and my data plan when I want it to so what is wrong with viber why doesn't it work only on my wifi ??

Thank you
    The same sad story happens to me when I try to use WiFi for Viber. This app works only when I turn on <data service>. It does not work when it off. The previous version of Viber (with no call option) worked perfectly with WiFi on my device, however, when I upgraded to Viber 2.4, it does not work for me and I just deleted this application.
    05-01-13 11:47 PM
    The same sad story happens to me when I try to use WiFi for Viber. This app works only when I turn on <data service>. It does not work when it off. The previous version of Viber (with no call option) worked perfectly with WiFi on my device, however, when I upgraded to Viber 2.4, it does not work for me and I just deleted this application.

Sadly maybe i'll have to delete it too because when Viber also will be needing my data plan then whats the point in having it I mean I can simply make a call through my cellular data why would I go for the longer route of making a call from a third party app and still being charged. As for messages I have all my contacts on what's app too so no problem in deleting Viber, just saying. I did want to use Viber
    05-02-13 01:09 AM
    As we said - we are looking into this matter.

If you use the link we provided above to open a support ticket with the details, we will hopefully be able to use this information to resolve the problem sooner.

Once you've opened the ticket, please reply back with the ticket ID, so we'll be able to examine the problem promptly.
    05-03-13 04:07 AM
    Hi there,

Thanks,
    Viber Team
    Hi. Iam from pakistan. My viber is working perfectly on wifi for calls and my data services are on coz it won't work without it.for texts. My problem is when I return back to my home screen without exiting it. Alowing it to run in background. It stops working some time. Then I need to reboot my device. And it strts working again. What shd I do
    05-06-13 11:07 PM
    Hi. Iam from pakistan. My viber is working perfectly on wifi for calls and my data services are on coz it won't work without it.for texts. My problem is when I return back to my home screen without exiting it. Alowing it to run in background. It stops working some time. Then I need to reboot my device. And it strts working again. What shd I do

May I please know that on average how much does it cost you for a call ??
    Which network are you on ?
    05-07-13 01:41 AM
    May I please know that on average how much does it cost you for a call ??
    Which network are you on ?
    See you cnt call using ur ntwrk internet. You must hv wifi connected on ur fone. I'm using telenor. Iv got internet plans frm network provider. If wifi is of nd data services are on thn you cn only do text msg. If wifi+data service on thn you cn call+text. If data services are of you cn do niether of thm.
    Last edited by raza115; 05-07-13 at 06:04 AM.
    05-07-13 05:52 AM
    @raza115 -

Your problem is not known to us, and so we'll need more details.
    Please see our comment #12 above, regarding how to submit a support ticket.

Thanks in advance
    05-07-13 09:27 AM
    Hello viber ,

I have two android phone with different numbers but i cant work with the two numbers in the same time with different phone ...!
    05-09-13 12:47 PM
    BB 9900 viber is not working on wifi ! 3G working the oldest version/no voice call/ is working all wireless system /all wifi, 3G/ please check this aplication , i like it

Install, reinstell reinstell BB op system wipe all dat , no solution.
    05-09-13 05:03 PM
    @Androiderrr22 -

At this stage, one Viber number can be assigned with only one device simultaneously (except for Viber Desktop). When you try registering to Viber with the same number on a second device, the first device immediately deactivates, and its data (message history, Recents, etc.) is deleted.

What you can do, however, is register your second device with a different number: your home number, an old cellphone number, family's or friends.
    In future versions we are planning to add an option to register Viber on multiple devices. Once we have news on that, we'll let you know

@laza80 -

2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:

* If it still fails, please specify what country you're located in.
    05-10-13 12:53 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD