My BB App World wasn't working and neither is my email setup application...

I'm trying to update my OS (currently running 7.0.0.261)...
    I downloaded and installed 7.0.0.353 from one of the threads here on Crackberry and am trying to do the manual update (C:\ > Program Files > Common Files > Research in Motion > AppLoader).

After deleting vendor.xml, I run Loader and it can't find the OS that I installed. All it lists are the apps that are already on my phone.
    Anyone know how to fix this problem? No point having a BB if my emails aren't going to come through -_-"

Thanks!
    09-11-11 08:53 PM
    Some OSes have more than one vendor.xml file. Search your hard drive

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-11-11 09:05 PM
    Try deleting all bb OS's that are installed on your system, re-install only the one you want on your device, and try the Apploader routine again.

Report back too :P
    09-11-11 09:09 PM
    I recommend deleting all os's on your computer except for the one you are going to use, and before loading the os go and use bbsak to wipe the device clean, and then delete vendor.xml and then open up app loader
    09-11-11 09:14 PM
    No other OS installed on my computer... I uninstalled prior to installing the newest OS and even restarted the computer.
    I also searched the hard drive for any other vendor.xml files and did not find any...

What is bbsak? and should I back up my phone before I wipe my device? and then update it and then load my backup file again?
    09-11-11 09:21 PM
    you can find the bbsak here . it's a small yet very powerful tool.
    follow these stept and you will be good to go fast :

1. install the new os you want to install ( after deleting the old ones), make sure you delete vendor.xml from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader or C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader if you have 64 bits Wiondows - you said checked, so next step ;

2. backup your device with Desktop Manager ( DM);

3. Exit DM, start BBSAK, use the Wipe Device feature of BBSAK. Don't worry, your device will restart after wipe and you will see a white screen showing error 507 reinstall os.

4. go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader or C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and run : Loader.exe

5. Enjoy the new installed OS. Now you can restore your latest DM backup and you are good to go.
    09-12-11 01:03 AM
    I recommend NOT wiping until your loader sees the OS installed on your computer.
    09-12-11 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD