I bought my wife a white 9900 and had exactly the problems with being unable to log into Blackberry ID account, so I've backed all her data up to my iMac, then did a security wipe on the phone, and after the phone restarted was able to log in to the phone with blackberry ID, but I'm unable to restore her phone. When i plug it in, the software says " restoring phone, please do not unplug" - but no progress is made at all - I left it for 4 hours yesterday. Any ideas how to restore the phone?

TIA Wayno
    01-17-12 03:34 AM
    you must be having ipd file as backup...
    use pc based computer...
    launch dm...
    file>>restore>>locate ipd file>>ok (restore)...
    or..
    wipe..
    don't put sim card..
    don't login to bbid (just put id an password for using phone)
    try restore..
    then insert sim..
    if this doesn't work..
    try using PC...
    Last edited by infinus; 01-17-12 at 05:09 AM.
    01-17-12 05:05 AM
    not sure what an ipd file is, but it's too late to use a pc- I backed her blackberry up to my mac, then did a security wipe - everything has gone from the BB.

Any other ideas?
    01-17-12 09:13 AM
    yes...
    but backup is still there on your apple computer..
    serach for *.ipd ....
    and tally according to latest date and time. latest the date more newer the backup..
    even apple stores data in files like windows does...
    so there will be a backup file you have made...
    or go to settings in where detault path for backup is set...
    then manually locate that path and grab the backup based on latest time and date...
    so you will have backup file....
    then on any PC using DM, restore it...
    as easy as clicking on your mac computer....
    hope it helps.
    01-17-12 09:33 AM
    infinus.

sorry to reduce this to simpletons language(!) so I find the .ipd file, copy it to a usb memory stick? then open that .ipd file from the memory stick via a pc? ( with desktop manger)

TIA
    Wayno
    01-17-12 11:46 AM
    infinus.

sorry to reduce this to simpletons language(!) so I find the .ipd file, copy it to a usb memory stick? then open that .ipd file from the memory stick via a pc? ( with desktop manger)

TIA

Wayno
    The .ipd file is read by Desktop Manager, no need to copy it to a USB unless you want to actually move it.
    01-17-12 12:01 PM
    No i didn't make multiple backups. It's a brand new phone. All her photos and contacts were transferred from her iPhone by Vodafone. I made 1 backup of her phone, then did the security wipe so she could log into 'blackberry world" now I can't restore her phone.

I have gone to the searchlight box on my iMac and typed in '*.ipd" and nothing comes up - so I'm obviously doing something wrong. Can someone explain it to me in simple terms what I need to do ( to restore this 9900)

FWIW, when I plug the 9900 into DM on my mac, and hit restore, and choose her phone from the drop down, - I can see the 98 contacts along with other times to be restored to the phone. But this damn DM won't move past the "restoring" stage..

TIA

Wayno

Last edited by wayn0; 01-17-12 at 02:26 PM. Reason: more info
    01-17-12 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD