Been discussing this in the (BlackBerry should reissue the 9900) thread. Thought that by sheer luck someone else MAY have run into this issue.

I am with Simple Mobile, a T-Mobile MVNO Carrier. I had four years of absolutely no problems. My 9780 had BIS every day and I was happy because I've got the deal of the century. $35.00 a month unlimited BIS/Text/Phone.

Two weeks ago, I bought a used but mint condition former T-Mo phone from Amazon. Unlocked. Activated it on Simple Mobile (T-Mo) and for a week everything was great. Then suddenly a week later the BIS shut down. A full week later. Not right away. Simple Mobile worked on it for a full week, trying to get BIS reactivated. They say my account went into suspension and could not figure out why. Finally they told me to get a new SIM and we could re-activate as a new account to reset everything. I did, it worked. BIS came back up.

About 24 hours later, BIS shut back down. On the phone with Simple for a few hours, they say the BIS account went back into suspension and could not figure out why. My Phone is NOT blacklisted, it has a clean IEMI, and PIN. No problems, just a BIS account suspension. After a day or two of dealing with Simple, I decided to take matters into my own hands and called T-Mobile support directly. I luckily got a fabulous service tech that spent over two hours on the phone with me. We tried everything he could think of. He researched the IMEI, the PIN and ANY account EVER associated with the phone. He said it NEVER had a problem and EVERYTHING was clear. He had me totally WIPE the phone, and we even created a new Blackberry ID trying to see if somehow my BBID suddenly went south for some unknown reason. No joy with anything. We finally gave up and he apologized. Even a T-Mo service tech could not fix the issue.

The T-Mo tech SPECULATES that the BIS System is somehow not recognizing the UNLOCKED phone and after a day is shutting down BIS because my BBID is not associating with the Phone nor the PIN. He was totally stumped and this guy seemed like a VERY sharp BBerry tech.

As I typed earlier, I ran my unlocked 9780 for four years on Simple Mobile BIS with no issues. Upon changing to a new unlocked 9900, a week later is when my problems started. Now you only get 24 hours on a new SIM before the BIS account goes into suspension. Something happened, but no one can figure out what or why. MY speculation is that SOMETHING has changed in the last 4 years on network or with BIS and now an NEW Unlocked BlackBerry that is put on your account somehow gets suspended soon after BIS activation. I can't think of anything else.

The only thing I can do is try ATT, but they are three times more expensive, and there is no guarantee they will work, since this seems like a direct BIS / Blackberry issue. I can't get anyone from BlackBerry to comment and they tell me to work with my Carrier. The MVNO and the parent carrier T-Mo are absolutely stumped.

IDEAS ANYONE? Please, no, JUST GET RID OF BIS AND GO WITH AN OS10 PHONE. I would rather stay with BIS if I can. Without it, I might as well just use my WindowsPhone or my Android. BIS has unique features that to ME are fantastic, and, I use BBerry Bridge with my Playbook extensively.

Thank you for any help, Hoping that someone has a hint at what is really going on here.
    07-18-15 10:05 AM
    It shouldnt be this difficult to use a phone in 2015 when it only takes a google account to use an android phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 10:42 AM
    It shouldnt be this difficult to use a phone in 2015 when it only takes a google account to use an android phone.

Posted via CB10
    He's using an old phone. All you need is a BlackBerry ID to use a a BB10 phone too so your Android comment is moot.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 11:00 AM
    the thing is, android 4.0 users doesnt go through hell like BB7 users like him does.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 11:06 AM
    [WARN] Help the OP or move along [WARN]

BlackBerry -Secured to the Core | CB MOD
    07-18-15 11:08 AM
    OP, Check your PM's, going to send you a msg
    Uzi and BBerryPowerUser like this.
    07-18-15 01:55 PM
    If the accounts deactivate after a day with both your 9900 and 9780 then the problem is indeed in your carrier or blackberry (not the device).

I think I read somewhere that they set you up a new account and the problem moved to it also.

Having worked many years in telecom I will say this, the problem isn't something anyone is trained to find and it will take a really good tech to figure this out. Someone is going to have to scour huge logs to see what's triggering the deactivation's then trace that back to see why it's telling the systems to deactivate your account. Unfortunately, carriers don't have workers with that kind of time since staffing is at a minimum in order to stay competitive.

Just a thought, perhaps you can get a prepaid account with either this or another carrier and see if the problem follows. This will tell them if the problem is in your account or is it something in the network or blackberry triggering this. Blackberry could be sending a flag to cancel the account for all we know so I can't imagine this getting fixed without someone searching the logs...
    BBerryPowerUser likes this.
    07-18-15 11:28 PM
    From what I have been told by Vodafone a couple of years ago when I updated my 9870 to a Z10 is that BIS is no longer supported on BB10.

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    07-19-15 12:04 AM
    What phone are you trying to run BIS on? Is it still a 9780?

07-19-15 12:07 AM
    What phone are you trying to run BIS on? Is it still a 9780?

You didn't read the op!

anon(4067838) likes this.
    07-19-15 12:20 AM
    You didn't read the op!

Yeah, I did but he said he was "discussing" this in the 9900 thread. I wasn't sure if this was what he was using. I was just asking for clarification on which phone? In that case my op is irrelevant as that only applies to BB10 phones.
    Edit: sorry just read it again, my bad! Lol
    Uzi likes this.
    07-19-15 12:33 AM
    If the accounts deactivate after a day with both your 9900 and 9780 then the problem is indeed in your carrier or blackberry (not the device).

I think I read somewhere that they set you up a new account and the problem moved to it also.

Having worked many years in telecom I will say this, the problem isn't something anyone is trained to find and it will take a really good tech to figure this out. Someone is going to have to scour huge logs to see what's triggering the deactivation's then trace that back to see why it's telling the systems to deactivate your account. Unfortunately, carriers don't have workers with that kind of time since staffing is at a minimum in order to stay competitive.

Just a thought, perhaps you can get a prepaid account with either this or another carrier and see if the problem follows. This will tell them if the problem is in your account or is it something in the network or blackberry triggering this. Blackberry could be sending a flag to cancel the account for all we know so I can't imagine this getting fixed without someone searching the logs...
    I tend to agree. Thank you.

When I pop my SIM into the old 9780, it SHOULD just fire up with new BIS service for the 9780. It does not, since the BIS account is suspended, and it does nothing. What I have NOT tried is putting a NEW SIM in the old 9780 FIRST. But I really need them to SET UP MY 9900 PERMANENTLY. The first time I activated the 9900, I put in the sim from my 9780, everything worked fine for a week, then BLAM, deactivation of BIS. The same thing will happen if I activate a 9780 and go back to the 9900. I'd rather just have them fix the account so I can activate and KEEP active my 9900.

Simple Mobile (my current carrier) is a PrePay provider, and an MVNO of T-Mobile USA. I do not know any other PrePaid GSM Carrier in the US that provides BIS Blackberry today. I think they are unique. There may be another BIS Prepay GSM Carrier in the US, but I've not found them.

I do have a tech working on this in the background, that knows exactly what he is doing. He's checking logs and sees the "disconnect" packets going through and is trying to figure out WHY this is happening. Hopefully he can help. Unfortunately, he does not work for my Carrier. At least he can perhaps point me in the right direction, and I can get someone at T-Mobile (the Parent Carrier) to help walk Simple Mobile (the MVNO Provider) through what the problem is.

The problem with most MVNO carriers like Simple Mobile, you are talking to someone 4,000 miles away when you call for customer service, and they are not trained to "Come Off of Script" if you know what I mean. And, they are used to dealing with 95 percent NON BlackBerry BIS, and maybe 5 percent BIS issues. Plus, there is a language barrier, as English is not a primary language for the CSR's I've talked to. That's why I took it up a notch and called T-Mobile USA, the parent carrier. The tech their TRIED to help me, spending a very generous 2 hours on the phone with me. He could not figure it out.

The only way to "RESET" my BIS is to buy a new SIM card. My Provider can't just "RESTART" my BIS Account. A New Sim and migration of my account to the new SIM triggers BIS to start from scratch, and I get a day or so of BIS before it gets deactivated. Luckily, I can get them from Amazon for $2.99 delivered. Still, you can't be popping in a new SIM every few days and calling the provider to transfer the account to the new SIM.

You are correct, IMO, this one will take a specially trained and highly skilled tech to find the problem. I can throw all the new SIM Cards at it and I'll just be back where I started. I've got someone working on this behind the scenes. HOPEFULLY, he can help. If not, I'll have to bite the bullet, and try ATT full contract, and see if they can activate and KEEP BIS Activated.

Thank you for the post.
    07-19-15 09:05 AM
    Just a quick Follow-Up;

Spend another few hours with my carrier via online chat and telephone. No luck. They say they are unable to bring up my account and re-send me service books and can't figure out why not. They want me to buy yet ANOTHER SIM card so they can reactivate my account AGAIN with the new SIM. I'm sure that will work, but it does not last, as my experience shows. This will be the LAST SIM card I'm buying. Then I'm done. And I mean done. 2 weeks is ridiculous to get a BIS account working.

Thanks go out to the behind the scenes BBerry Rep. He did what he could, but it's apparently not a BlackBerry BIS issue, but one of how my account is provisioned by the carrier. And they can't solve it. Having me buy a new SIM is just kicking the can down the road. The account will not stay active.

Meanwhile, Virgin Mobile just sent me a Text that they are upgrading my $35 a month account 300 minutes a month to unlimited voice/text/data 4g LTE for no extra charge as a thank you for being a loyal customer. Hmmm.... State of the art Android 4.4.2 with unlimited everything THAT WORKS for $35 a month. Now THAT'S a Deal.
    mad_mdx likes this.
    07-19-15 06:45 PM
    So your old device also gets suspended with a new sim card?
    Can you spare 50$ to buy a 8520 and test this on?
    If it also gets suspended using a new sim + new BlackBerry id + preferably a new account a contract just like you're a completely new customer -with a different name if you could-) from your carrier. You could pin point if it's an issue that 9900 triggered into your carrier account (?) kind of like mark that says "fraudulent" so they just deactivate you over and over.

Try getting a new contract with your same carrier before you fork out to buy a curve to test on.

These are the problem solving pointers that my logical thinking assumed.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 07:10 PM
    So your old device also gets suspended with a new sim card?
    Can you spare 50$ to buy a 8520 and test this on?
    If it also gets suspended using a new sim + new BlackBerry id + preferably a new account a contract just like you're a completely new customer -with a different name if you could-) from your carrier. You could pin point if it's an issue that 9900 triggered into your carrier account (?) kind of like mark that says "fraudulent" so they just deactivate you over and over.

Try getting a new contract with your same carrier before you fork out to buy a curve to test on.

These are the problem solving pointers that my logical thinking assumed.

Posted via CB10
    That may actually be my last resort. OR, I could just buy a new SIM for the BlackBerry 9780 I used for 4 years with no issues.

I can't believe that the 9900 is triggering a "Disconnect", because I called T-Mo (the phone's moniker) and they researched the IMEI and the PIN and told me that nowhere was the phone attached to an account that would black list it, and that EVERYTHING was clear as a bell. It's an unlocked phone ready to go.

But perhaps some guy in Bolivia (just picking on another country) activated that phone unlocked on some remote small Bolivian XYZ network company and never paid his bill. Yet, even THAT would show up somewhere as a blacklisted phone, yes?

My CARRIER is telling me they can't unlock my BIS account to clear it, and that the only way to clear it is to put in a new SIM (which I have already done, twice now. BlackBerry is telling me it's a CARRIER issue (and I believe it is). So I'm at an impasse.
    07-19-15 10:00 PM
    Good luck with it all, hope you get it sorted.

neoberry99 likes this.
    07-20-15 12:01 AM
    Good luck with it all, hope you get it sorted.

Thank you. I have my doubts.

I found a thread from about 2 years ago where someone on ORANGE network was having the exact same problem, with no resolution. Somehow, my BIS account is simply not registering permanently with BIS and deactivation is occurring within a short time of activation.

I believe my only two choices are try ANOTHER service (ATT is the only one), OR, dump BIS. If I dump BIS I am, unfortunately, dumping BlackBerry as it's why I have the phone. Otherwise, I'd rather just use my new Android for everything. Oh well, life goes on.

I have one more new SIM coming today. I'll transfer my BIS account to this new SIM ONE MORE TIME. If BIS stays active, fine. If not, I am probably waving BBerry goodbye. We'll see what happens.
    07-20-15 10:48 AM
    UPDATE:

Put in yet ANOTHER new SIM today at 2:00 Eastern. Provider transferred my BIS service to the new SIM, and voila, BIS came up, although this time it took about 20 minutes for the Service Books to push through. It's usually been almost instantaneously.

The question now is, WILL it STAY UP? I called the provider back and told them to mark my account to not deactivate BIS. One rep told me they had to deactivate BIS because it was an unlocked BYOP (Bring your own phone) and they had to deactivate BIS before they activated it on their network. Hmm... That could be the issue. They send a deactivate packet, and it just keeps on keepin' on.

Crossing my fingers and toes that BIS stays up for good. Have my doubts.
    07-20-15 01:32 PM
    10 bucks , you won't make it more than 24 hrs. !!!
    ( that is -- with the Bold )

Since you stated that you had been using the 9780 for 4 years without problems , don't you think the problem is with the Bold ?
    Just for fun , switch the sim back to the older phone and see if it will give you problems .

If it works well for more than a couple of days go back to the Bold .
    If it gets suspended - you have your answer .
    ( The problem is with the phone and not with BIS )
    07-20-15 08:47 PM
    Just to add some info.
    I'm writting this on a blackberrry bold 9900 originally from rogers (canadian carrier) that has been "unlocked" with a $1 USD code I bought from ebay.

Like you said, simple mobile is the only MVNO in the USA that provides BIS.

I've been on them for 8 months without a problem.

*just trying to answer anyone's question on wether it's suppose to be working with everything you have for everyone else worried about doing the same as you, and also telling you it should of course be working.

Originally I did come from an old android on simple mobile and just popped the sim from it and went to my blackberry settings and specifically go to "register"

NOTE: the first time I did it, it worked then by it self stopped working after a day just like you. Called them (they do speak english just fine for me) and after scolding me and telling me I couldn't just switch back and forth sim's (as I planned) they "provisioned again" my account and it's worked ever since.

QUESTION: for testing sake. If it stops working again: put the sim back on the old blackberry. Do the "register" option on the blackberry setup menu. Does that bring it back?
    If not then does calling customer support bring it back?
    If it does in any of these leave it on the old blackberry for a couple of days (I know that sucks) to see if the patern is that)

Lastly your simple mobie plan will be the same cost with and without BIS so yes unfortunately you CAN switch to any phone for that price. But don't give up. That's not like you!!!!
    07-21-15 06:23 AM
    Thank you.

My BIS just went down again, today, almost exactly 24 hours after I transferred my account to yet another new SIM.

I've been with Simple Mobile for over 4 years, no issues UNTIL I got this unlocked 9900. My 9780 worked just fine for four years.

I have tried putting the sim back in my 9780, nothing happens. No registration option. I have spoken to BlackBerry and they say that Simple Mobile is sending DISCONNECT packets to my BIS account, so Berry has no alternative but to disconnect my BIS account.

I called again today, and a supervisor is very upset with me and said she will get to the bottom of it, but I really have my doubts. I've been trying to solve this with Simple Mobile, T-Mobile, and BlackBerry for two weeks now. It's some odd thing that no one can understand. I suppose it IS possible I have a "Bad" phone. Not a blacklisted IEMI or PIN number, but a BAD piece of hardware that is bugging up my account.

I popped the SIM into my WindowsPhone, and Voila! Internet. 4G. So it's not my DATA account, it is ONLY MY BIS ACCOUNT that is on the fritz.

I will try putting the SIM back in my 9780 for a few days and see what happens LONG TERM.

I hate to go to ATT for a full pay account. I mean 35 bucks a month for unlimited BIS is a great deal with Simple, yes? But damn, if it does not work, it does not work.

Let's see what happens in two full days of that sim sitting in the 9780.
    logger4942 likes this.
    07-21-15 02:49 PM
    10 bucks , you won't make it more than 24 hrs. !!!
    ( that is -- with the Bold )

Since you stated that you had been using the 9780 for 4 years without problems , don't you think the problem is with the Bold ?
    Just for fun , switch the sim back to the older phone and see if it will give you problems .

If it works well for more than a couple of days go back to the Bold .
    If it gets suspended - you have your answer .
    ( The problem is with the phone and not with BIS )
    Sadly, I think you are correct. BlackBerry researched my PIN and IMEI and they are clear and shiny, but perhaps there is a HARDWARE issue that is causing the issue.

And I would not have taken that 10 buck bet, but I did make it 24 hours. I made it 24 hours and 18 minutes.
    07-21-15 02:54 PM
    Where did you get the Bold ?

Can you send it back , or get another ?
    07-21-15 02:59 PM
    Where did you get the Bold ?

Can you send it back , or get another ?
    Amazon. Yes. I can, it's under Amazon's guarantee policy.

ODD. My 9780 does not work either. I think I should spend another 3 bucks for one more SIM and try firing up the 9780 from scratch with a new SIM. If I lose BIS in 1 day, then it's the account.

BlackBerry told me specifically that the Account PROVISIONING is sending DISCONNECT packets to the BIS server. So from THEIR perspective, the PHONE is FINE, it's an account provisioning error. The Provider says they are provisioning correctly. I think when I swapped the sim into the new 9900, something went haywire with my account. It's no guarantee that it is a bad phone, especially with what BBerry is telling me, but it certainly could be a bad phone Only way to tell is try an NEW sim in that 9780 and see if the account stays up or gets disconnected.
    07-21-15 03:22 PM
    Sounds like a good plan !
    How much time have you got left on the return policy ?
    07-21-15 03:26 PM
46 12