Hey all, got a problem I can't seem to solve, even when searching through the CrackBerry forums.

I want to add an Outlook email account from work to my private (BIS) Bold 9900. I don't believe my employer uses BES. I have the information necessary, however it seems to fail even when I put in the information in the advanced settings. First I thought that maybe my employer has blocked it, but I managed to configure this email account on my Playbook, without any hassle!

If I look at my Playbook settings, the difference I see between my Playbook and my Bold 9900 is that I configured my Playbook through Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync and that I tried configuring my Bold 9900 with Outlook Web Access (exchange). On my Bold 9900 it asks for the the URL and a mailbox name.

If I try to put in the address I used on my Playbook on the 9900, it gives an error, saying it's an invalid URL (because the lack of "http://").

I tried going to the online website from my service provider to set up the email account, however it seems to be blocked to create an account there.

Not sure what to do here.

Does someone know how to fix this? Usually I manage to discover this myself, but I have been trying for a couple of days without any luck.

Would really appreciate any replies.

Thanks!
    07-10-13 04:12 PM
    I have no experience with Web Access but I can say for a fact that BIS does not mingle with ActiveSync. The settings on the PlayBook won't be of much help.

You should talk to your IT department and have them help you set this up.
    07-10-13 04:49 PM
    Yeah well mailed them twice. Weren't that helpful. Maybe I'll give them a nasty call...

Thanks for replying though
    07-11-13 12:56 AM