It gets all the way to "Backing Up Smart Card Options" and then nothing...it just sits there....any suggestions? I deleted the app and re-downloaded and the result was the same. Not sure what to do next? FYI, I am able to sync media and such, it's the backup option that is the only issue.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.
    01-02-12 02:06 PM
    Kind of glad to see that I'm not the only person having this issue.

I have a Carphone Warehouse unlocked handset (9900), and a fresh install of Vista/BBDM

Version Details - Phone
    BB Bold Touch 9900
    OS 7.0.0.503 (DM did come up with an update, but I was trying to do a backup first

PC
    Windows Vista 32-bit SP2
    4GB RAM, plenty of HDD space.
    BBDM downloaded from BB website this week, version 6.1.0.36

My 9700 (6.0.0.650) sucessfully backs up, having tried to exclude smart card settings from the backup, the backup then gets stuck on "backing up shortcut settings" most irritating
    Last edited by nutter426; 01-03-12 at 07:05 PM.
    01-03-12 06:18 PM
    A further update, backup over bluetooth worked when left overnight, not exactly sure how long it took, but it gave a message that some items weren't backed up.
    I might just have to try and leave my phone on USB for a long time. I want a backup before I try and do an OS update, so I'm getting very annoyed as I have an official automatic update, and the 7.1 leak i'm considering.
    01-09-12 04:09 PM
    Turns out that it is the Social Feeds option in the back up that is causing the problems, unticking that fixed it for me.

See http://forums.crackberry.com/desktop...ack-up-656465/ I can't take the credit.
    Hgouck and JRCaesar like this.
    01-09-12 04:59 PM
    sometimes the easiest way to get an answer to your problem is to search this site for others that had the problem and were able to solve it. I am happy that you were able to resolve your problem.
    01-09-12 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD