as there are loads of threads in this section I have started a new one rather than replying to all (and this probably should be in the BBOS7 section but not all of you read that)

Well I might be completely misreading this but this appeared on the BlackBerry blog a couple of days ago and even though it doesn't say UMA in such words it and this blog is talking about business (but alot of things start out on that side for BB) it described UMA perfectly "seamless hand off between wifi and mobile network".

Read it as you like though but its a glimmer of hope that the software to allow it is coming

BlackBerry MVS 5.1 Expands Support to BlackBerry 7 Smartphones and the AudioCodes Mediant 3000 VoIP Gateway Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog

see link
    09-25-11 11:20 AM
    I sincerely hope so, coz at the moment I feel my 450 sim free 9900 may as well be a nokia 1616 with the crap signal in my house, I mean even my iP4 could at least get 1 bar thru most of the house, and I only went back to BB because of UMA really, suppose I should have read the spec a bit closer.

Having said that what is it with phone manufacturers at the moment, why are they building phones with antennas at the BOTTOM of the phone where its more than likely going to be obstructed by the hand thats holding it, its just bleedin stupid and no real reason for it. oops sorry rant over.

I need UMA, badly
    09-25-11 11:36 AM
    as there are loads of threads in this section I have started a new one rather than replying to all (and this probably should be in the BBOS7 section but not all of you read that)

Well I might be completely misreading this but this appeared on the BlackBerry blog a couple of days ago and even though it doesn't say UMA in such words it and this blog is talking about business (but alot of things start out on that side for BB) it described UMA perfectly "seamless hand off between wifi and mobile network".

Read it as you like though but its a glimmer of hope that the software to allow it is coming

BlackBerry MVS 5.1 Expands Support to BlackBerry 7 Smartphones and the AudioCodes Mediant 3000 VoIP Gateway Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog

see link
    I think those are two separate things.

Smart Wi-Fi: RIM, MVS and UMA
    09-25-11 12:01 PM
    I think those are two separate things.

Smart Wi-Fi: RIM, MVS and UMA
    yeah i had realised they were different things but there will be similarities in the way the coding is handled, also one of the big questions people have mentioned is will it be true uma or just wifi calling
    09-25-11 01:28 PM
    [QUOTE=Having said that what is it with phone manufacturers at the moment, why are they building phones with antennas at the BOTTOM of the phone where its more than likely going to be obstructed by the hand thats holding it, its just bleedin stupid and no real reason for it. oops sorry rant over.[/QUOTE]

I think that is required by the FCC. They don't want the antenna near our brains lol. Im with them on this one!
    09-25-11 01:58 PM
    Can someone tell me what UMA is no idea

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-11 04:41 PM
    Can someone tell me what UMA is no idea

Generic Access Network - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheers,
    09-25-11 06:00 PM
    Cheers that's why my friend has bb cause he can't get 2bars of signal where he lives

09-25-11 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD