Ive recently got a 9900 on UK Vodafone. Until now all my BBs have had Vodafones sat nav Find & Go (actually branded version of Telmap) which I use frequently when driving. According to Vodafone Find & Go isnt compatible with the 9900, although Ive contacted Telmap and they say it is! I have called Vodafone numerous times over the past two weeks about this but not got anywhere, no one seeming to really know the answer, but each person saying its not compatible. Unfortunately I cant even buy Telmap to install myself as seemingly its now only available via service providers such as Vodafone.

This is really very frustrating as, for me, its ruining the 9900 as I always found the sat nav app one of the most useful. It also seems a ridiculous situation, to launch a new, suppposedly better phone onto which this important app isnt (reputedly) compatible.

I must emphasise this is true sat nav one can use when driving with turn by turn voice commands etc, not Blackberry Maps or Google Maps.

Can anyone out there recommend a sat nav app I could download and use on the 9900? I see theres a new one called TeleNav does anyone know if this is available for the UK, or alternatively, Garmin?
    10-22-11 04:34 AM
    Ive recently got a 9900 on UK Vodafone. Until now all my BBs have had Vodafones sat nav Find & Go (actually branded version of Telmap) which I use frequently when driving. According to Vodafone Find & Go isnt compatible with the 9900, although Ive contacted Telmap and they say it is! I have called Vodafone numerous times over the past two weeks about this but not got anywhere, no one seeming to really know the answer, but each person saying its not compatible. Unfortunately I cant even buy Telmap to install myself as seemingly its now only available via service providers such as Vodafone.

This is really very frustrating as, for me, its ruining the 9900 as I always found the sat nav app one of the most useful. It also seems a ridiculous situation, to launch a new, suppposedly better phone onto which this important app isnt (reputedly) compatible.

I must emphasise this is true sat nav one can use when driving with turn by turn voice commands etc, not Blackberry Maps or Google Maps.

Can anyone out there recommend a sat nav app I could download and use on the 9900? I see theres a new one called TeleNav does anyone know if this is available for the UK, or alternatively, Garmin?
    I'm on vodafone uk and using Telmap Navigator 5. It's free but you'll need to sign up as its a beta release. Works like a charm!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-11 05:34 AM
    I'm on t-mobile using telmap 5, haven't used it much since I got the phone last week but it worked great on my 9700 before and I finally got an install for the 9900.

If you don't receive the email or text with the registration code, email the address in the contact us section with you device pin and they should get back to you within a couple days.

Last edited by decoy7; 10-22-11 at 06:43 AM.
    10-22-11 05:50 AM
    Thanks for the info - sounds perfect but I've just tried to register and get a message "registration to the user group is temorarily suspended". As its a test and evaluation group perhaps they have all the candidates they need. That's a shame, sounded perfect! I will email them to see if anything can be done.

Seems bonkers in this day and age that I can't download a sat nav app. Whilst up till now its been free with Vodafone in all honesty, and within reason, I wouldn't mind paying - I just want sat nav that works on the phone!
    10-22-11 06:38 AM
    maybe check back in a few hours or days, it opens and closes regularly, I only reregistered 2 days ago even though I was an existing user, got my email reply yesterday with code to install.

10-22-11 06:42 AM
    maybe check back in a few hours or days, it opens and closes regularly, I only reregistered 2 days ago even though I was an existing user, got my email reply yesterday with code to install.

I've just sent them an email and had an aoto reply which included an "invite a friend" tab. On clicking on this I've gone to a register to get Telmap5 page which sounds hopeful! However in the Device list it doesn't say 9900 - can I ask when you registered what device you clicked on? Just not sure how the app varies from device to device and what would work on a 9900. Many thanks!
    10-22-11 06:58 AM
    get the 9800 version.
    10-22-11 07:33 AM
    That's great, thanks. I've downloaded it and it seems to be working - I will give it a proper try later. One issue is it seems to require use of the touch screen to operate which, with only very small icons, is fiddly and not ideal. I wonder if this is because its not specifically for the 9900? That said, providing it works as an in car sat nav I shan't complain.

One thing - I can't find in any menu option to alter (incease) the voice command volume. In the past I've always found the volume too low, even when on the highest setting, and have never understood why one cannot turn it up higher with the option to reduce it if its too load. Anway, at the moment I suspect its on low or mid setting as its very quiet - do you know if there's an option to increase it?
    10-22-11 10:20 AM
    Just followed the same things you did and now I've ended up in Israel!

Back in the UK now, seemed to take ages for it to sort itself out.
    Last edited by tempest2112; 10-22-11 at 12:14 PM.
    10-22-11 10:55 AM
    I originally chose 9800 when registering, however when they emailed me the link to download via phones browser it identified my device as 9900:

Telmap5 Download

10-22-11 11:12 AM
    I have Vodafone Italia and a few weeks ago I found find & go on my 9900, works like a charm, so I'm not sure why we have it here in Italy when it's not available in the Uk..
    10-24-11 12:11 PM
    I have also signed up to the beta group and have downloaded the free Telmap 5 (both version 5.41.49 and more recently 5.41.66). However I've found it to be a bit buggy. It is a bad sign when you launch an app and it doesn't fill up the whole screen. Despite detecting my 9900 it doesn't seem to have the correct screen resolution. I have since bought Wisepilot GPS lifetime navigation (not prohibitively expensive) and find it pretty good. App World link: Free Wisepilot - GPS Navigator - Download Wisepilot - GPS Navigator - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World.
    10-24-11 02:00 PM
    telmap beta as mentioned. Free, voice turn by turn with street names.
    10-24-11 02:44 PM
    Does this app use a lot of data? Sorry if its a stupid question.. Just don't want to run up a huge bill!

11-05-11 11:22 PM
    Here's the link for the sat nav:

http://vdc.navigator.telmap.com/vdc/download/9700/vfsatnav_sa_bis_full.jad

12-01-11 09:21 AM
    Here's the link for the sat nav:

http://vdc.navigator.telmap.com/vdc/download/9700/vfsatnav_sa_bis_full.jad

Note it works on the 9900 just without touchscreen so the trackpad works normal.

12-01-11 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD