Has anyone heard anything on the release of the 9900 on the above mentioned carriers?

I originally placed a pre-order for my 9900 with buymobilephones.net on the first week of August on Tmobile. (As they were the only company who had it available at this time.) I contacted support, who told me the phone was going to be released August 15th, that time came, no email whatsoever from the staff. So I thought I would leave it a week to see what happens.

Nothing..

After countless phone calls with them, with no real information. I cancelled the order. I understand these company's aren't allowed to release the phones (even if they have them in stock) until the official carrier says they are released, or they wont get processed. (So I'm to believe.)

Anyway, gave up with Tmobile for the time being, and tried my luck when I seen that Three were offering the phone with a nice contract on various sites. But the same story yet again, even though they have them in stock, they wont release/proccess until there's been an official word from Three UK.

So can anyone share some light on the matter? What is going on with Three, Tmobile UK, and Orange? o2, and Vodafone have had the phone for over a month now. It's becoming really frustrating as a Blackberry Enthusiast that I still cant get my new shiny Bold 9900. The reason I opted not to go with o2 or vodafone is because I only get 2G coverage with both of these, and would do no good with a 9900..

Any information would be great..

Thanks
    09-11-11 03:27 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you, I'm waiting for it to be released on Orange. Everytime I ask someone there, all I get is "we have no official release date, keep checking the website". They say they're doing internal testing which is taking unusually long, and in the mean time are losing customers by the day to O2/Voda. Sort it out Orange! I've got no idea what the hold up is with T-Mo/Three.
    mozzamay likes this.
    09-11-11 03:54 PM
    No official release dates out there but from we hear it will be the beginning of October.
    09-11-11 04:06 PM
    should be out end of this week on orange
    09-13-11 11:54 AM
    Yeah a guy I know in an Orange store told me defo by next week so looks like all the problems they had have been sorted and we'll be getting our hands on this beauty soon!
    09-13-11 04:31 PM
    I bought mine sim-free from Amazon UK as I was not interested in getting an upgrade from T-mobile (whenever they start stocking it)

Brilliant phone... ..the battery is a tad disappointing though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-11 04:35 PM
    Yeah a guy I know in an Orange store told me defo by next week so looks like all the problems they had have been sorted and we'll be getting our hands on this beauty soon!
    Yee-uh, bring it on!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-11 05:09 PM
    It's already on tmobile business, has been for weeks now?

Google helps....
    09-13-11 05:21 PM
    Hi, I got my 9900 from T-mobile almost 2 weeks ago...
    09-13-11 07:33 PM
    Available On T-Mobile, Can buy it - unlock and use it on any of those carriers by inserting your SIM card into your unlocked Blackberry 9900.

And i think it's should be lunched in a day or two on three..
    Last edited by blackberry-unlocking710; 09-13-11 at 09:03 PM.
    09-13-11 08:53 PM
    Hi, I got my 9900 from T-mobile almost 2 weeks ago...
    from t-mobile uk?

I called t-mobile and was told it was supposed to be released yesterday but its not released yet :s
    09-14-11 09:23 AM
    Think Orange are probably waiting for the UMA to be sorted out, as its a massive selling point.
    09-14-11 01:59 PM
    im sick of three. ive phoned them so many times and they each have a different date. i phoned yesterday complaining and they said we promise by next week. contract has been over for nearly a month now! anyone have any other news to why they havnt released it?

thnx
    09-14-11 02:33 PM
    Won't be buying without the UMA/signal boost feature, which does not seem to work anywhere in the world yet. It is vital for RIM to get this model + UMA sorted (in Sept) or we will all go Android or iPhone. Even newer BB QNX phones won't be around till late 2012, by which time there will be iPhone 5s and numerous wizzy Androids from Samsung, HTC and the like, some maybe even with decent qwerty keyboards and/or UMA. If they don't fill this gap and get the 9900 and other OS7 phones out and working to keep our loyalty, RIM is going to be toast, especially with its shareholders and consumers in the developed world. Loads of us have been holding off since they first announced them months ago, awaiting 9900 bolds etc....... but they must know that we do have a growing array of serious alternatives.
    09-16-11 07:21 AM
    Has anyone heard anything on the release of the 9900 on the above mentioned carriers?

I originally placed a pre-order for my 9900 with buymobilephones.net on the first week of August on Tmobile. (As they were the only company who had it available at this time.) I contacted support, who told me the phone was going to be released August 15th, that time came, no email whatsoever from the staff. So I thought I would leave it a week to see what happens.

Nothing..

After countless phone calls with them, with no real information. I cancelled the order. I understand these company's aren't allowed to release the phones (even if they have them in stock) until the official carrier says they are released, or they wont get processed. (So I'm to believe.)

Anyway, gave up with Tmobile for the time being, and tried my luck when I seen that Three were offering the phone with a nice contract on various sites. But the same story yet again, even though they have them in stock, they wont release/proccess until there's been an official word from Three UK.

So can anyone share some light on the matter? What is going on with Three, Tmobile UK, and Orange? o2, and Vodafone have had the phone for over a month now. It's becoming really frustrating as a Blackberry Enthusiast that I still cant get my new shiny Bold 9900. The reason I opted not to go with o2 or vodafone is because I only get 2G coverage with both of these, and would do no good with a 9900..

Any information would be great..

Thanks
    Go to vodafone and get a (free) sure signal box (VSS) the 9900 connects to the VSS like a dream - enabling full 3g coverage where previously they may have been no coverage at all..
    09-16-11 07:57 AM
    Go to vodafone and get a (free) sure signal box (VSS) the 9900 connects to the VSS like a dream - enabling full 3g coverage where previously they may have been no coverage at all..
    I have a sure signal box works like a dream!!
    09-16-11 09:42 AM
    What's all the fuss about with uma?? If you don't get a strong enough signal with orange, then why stick with them?? I have full coverage with vodafone, even in my workplace where no other network gets signal..

Surely you should have used coverage checker b4 taking out a contract with them..

As previous poster said, go to vodafone and get the free box, job done.. Why wait when there are other options.. (And networks with better CS)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    bigbamboo likes this.
    09-16-11 10:15 AM
    Spoke to both 3 and Orange uk yesterday.

Neither could give me an accurate date for release. Its a bit embarrassing for them i guess.

The longer this goes on the more likely people are to go for the iphone when that hit the shops.

I dont know why im waiting for orange to be honest, i just know they will be very expensive!

Looks like it will be amazon for me, approx �450 sim free delivered as we speak! Was hoping to get it nearer �400 though.
    09-17-11 10:38 AM
    I too have been waiting for what seems like ages for orange to release this handset, really tempted to pick up a sim free handset from amazon for �450 but the only thing holding me back is that UMA is a must for me.

Can anyone tell me that if i buy a sim free 9900 would there be a way to enable UMA on orange network in the future by way of a software update or will the UMA function only be available on handsets supplied by Orange direct?

thx in advance.
    09-17-11 02:49 PM
    orange uma works on all handsets get them installed automatically but sim free ones can have them entered through the e screen input. Presuming ves 7 works the same as ves 6 where uma is concerned with settings.

you might want to wait till orange release though as i understand it this handset is going to work differently with regards to uma as aposed to the way their normal handsets have worked and it might not suit you any more.
    09-17-11 04:18 PM
    you might want to wait till orange release though as i understand it this handset is going to work differently with regards to uma as aposed to the way their normal handsets have worked and it might not suit you any more.
    Hi, thanks for reply, in what way will the uma function differ or work from all of the existing BB handsets that orange offer uma signal boost?
    09-17-11 04:24 PM
    9900 Now available on Orange, just ordered mine will be here on Monday
    10-06-11 01:59 PM
    9900 Now available on Orange, just ordered mine will be here on Monday
    How much will you be paying monthly if you dont mind me asking? I see on the web that it's on �41 month contract. There is no way that I'll be prepared to pay that much when I can up grade on the 21st
    10-06-11 04:03 PM
    I too have just ordered my 9900, arrives Monday also.

Pushed retentions and think I got a good deal.

18 mths, BB9900 FOC, 3000 land line minutes, 800 cross network minutes, 1Gb data and BB, 300 texts �25.54/month.
    10-06-11 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD