Happy New Year!!!!!
    Just a quick one.
    I am getting a 9900 in the uk next week and know that if I need it replacing in case of a brick........then after the say 14 day peace of mind refund via the 02 store then I need to know how if I need a fix after that do I send it straight to rim in the uk and if so how long does it take to get a fix or swop out?
    If you can let me know that would be fab.
    All the very best.
    Magician
    12-31-11 07:06 PM
    RIM do not deal directly with the end user from what I understand. You must claim warranty through your provider.

I'm on Vodafone UK, phone had a problem with a line across the lcd (about half an inch down from the top). Was initially temperamental, but then became permanent.
    Called Vodafone, said they would repair as I don't have insurance. Talked to them for a while, eventually agreed to swap for a refurbished phone.
    12-31-11 07:27 PM
    Don't worry about your phone bricking, get it do the software updates and then do battery pulls while the phone is on daily for the first week or so and you should be fine.

If not join the revolution. Crackberry will be your brother! RIM will do nothing and together we will conquer all that bricks!

Good Luck comrade,

Happy New Year!
    01-01-12 04:07 AM
    WAIT! when i lived the uk i bought mine at carphone warehouse. i stepped on the screen and it was quite obvious its what haoppened, carphone warehouse took care of dealing with rim. i had to pay 75pounds for deductible, but it got me a brand new replacement, i had a 9700 bold at the time. any further questions? all in all i recommend dealing with carphone warehouse for all purchases, plus it is an unlocked phone you will most likely be setup with
    01-01-12 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD