Anyone else keep getting an error message with Ubertwitter (something about a Java exception)? I keep reinstalling it and after a while the error comes up. Any solutions, thoughts? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 12:00 PM
    why would u use bertwitter when rim already have built in official twitter app?
    08-30-11 12:21 PM
    not everybody likes the app from RIM including me. I also use UberSocial
    FigureThisOut likes this.
    08-30-11 12:30 PM
    I haven't had the issue. Where did you download it from? I downloaded it from App
    World instead of directly from the website.
    08-30-11 12:32 PM
    why would u use bertwitter when rim already have built in official twitter app?
    That is because the official twitter app from RIM blows massive chunks.
    08-30-11 12:34 PM
    UberSocial suggested adjusting all the permissions to allow and doing a reset. I gave it a try, let's see what happens. Thanks, orangepit!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 12:35 PM
    i thought its already a new vers of twitter with lots of changes for the better? besides for now bertwitter might not be very compatible with os7, and later when someone download it and got probs with os7, they'll post lots of complaint about os7... just like lots of thread in this forum only because they didnt give the 9900 a chance to function the way it is, they add lots of apps, tweak etc, and voila, problems appear...
    i know some would probably say, its an expensive gadget, whats the point in buying it if i cant do lots of thing with it (should be more than my old gadget can do)... but you have to consider its a new os, tooks time to adjust. thats why maybe im one of the lucky people who dont have any probs with 9900, that dont fire up the leak os as soon as we got my 9900, install apps one by one after search for infos about the compatibility, stay off from a beta vers apps/not in appworld for os7 yet (believe me its hard) unless more than 90% sure it would be ok, only move contact n mails step by step w/out switch device. stay as close as possible with the original condition. and im quite sure the 9900 will works very fine.
    08-30-11 01:35 PM
    one thing i love with the official T4BB is push @mentions . Wish Uber has it.
    08-30-11 01:43 PM
    i thought its already a new vers of twitter with lots of changes for the better? besides for now bertwitter might not be very compatible with os7, and later when someone download it and got probs with os7, they'll post lots of complaint about os7... just like lots of thread in this forum only because they didnt give the 9900 a chance to function the way it is, they add lots of apps, tweak etc, and voila, problems appear...
    i know some would probably say, its an expensive gadget, whats the point in buying it if i cant do lots of thing with it (should be more than my old gadget can do)... but you have to consider its a new os, tooks time to adjust. thats why maybe im one of the lucky people who dont have any probs with 9900, that dont fire up the leak os as soon as we got my 9900, install apps one by one after search for infos about the compatibility, stay off from a beta vers apps/not in appworld for os7 yet (believe me its hard) unless more than 90% sure it would be ok, only move contact n mails step by step w/out switch device. stay as close as possible with the original condition. and im quite sure the 9900 will works very fine.
    Ubertwitter is pretty compatible with OS7. People were having a few issues
    selecting tweets when touching the screen. They fixed it with an update
    pretty quick. There's always room for improvement in any app.

I like the official Twitter app UI. I think it's pretty nice. Just things about the
    app that keep me from replacing it with UT. For one, I hate when quoting a
    tweet it doesn't give you the option to have it in quotes or in RT @username.
    08-30-11 02:03 PM
    If you go into the options in UberSocial you can get push mentions, DMs, etc. It send you a U mini icon on the notification screen or on the main app icon itself and I always use BerryBuzz to give it that pizzazz of a colored LED too
    08-30-11 02:06 PM
    If you go into the options in UberSocial you can get push mentions, DMs, etc. It send you a U mini icon on the notification screen or on the main app icon itself and I always use BerryBuzz to give it that pizzazz of a colored LED too
    They're not exactly PUSH though. Just notifications for whatever you set you
    want to be notified for. It refreshes at whatever pace you set it at in the
    settings. It polls. Not push.
    08-30-11 02:08 PM
    Now, the other day, I got the same java exception again. Figured I'd try reloading Uber from Blackberry App World as FigureThisOut suggested, but I was unable to connect to it. I shut down all my connections, restored them and lo and behold Uber was working again. Today I did the upgrade to UberSocial 1.250, so let's see if one of all the bug corrections is for my issue.
    09-07-11 04:49 PM
    Uber was just updated.
    09-07-11 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD