When I type a contact's name from the Home screen, the search returns text messages with that person, phone logs, and a bunch of other stuff I don't need, except the actual phone book entry.

This only started happening a few days ago. Anyone know how to troubleshoot it?
    09-21-11 11:18 PM
    options>device>search and choose what you want to search
    09-21-11 11:27 PM
    Just type a contact name to search then a list of categories will come up, press menu and click search options and make sure contacts has a check mark in the box.
    Did you uncheck it in the Universal Search Options?
    Just type a contact name to search then a list of categories will come up, press menu and click search options and make sure contacts has a check mark in the box.
    Contacts is not listed as an available box to check!
    09-21-11 11:53 PM
    Are you starting Universal Search, hitting the menu button, selecting Search Options, then making sure Contacts has a check mark next to it?

It's the very first selection you can make.
    09-21-11 11:56 PM
    Are you starting Universal Search, hitting the menu button, selecting Search Options, then making sure Contacts has a check mark next to it?

It's the very first selection you can make.
    Yes. The very first choice under Data Sources is Home Screen, then PIN/Other Messages, then Text Messages. There is no Contacts.
    09-22-11 12:07 AM
    Try pulling the battery and rebooting the phone. That is very strange, don't know what else to tell you...
    09-22-11 12:09 AM
    A battery pull helped. Thanks. The logic of Blackberry OS 7 still escapes me.
    09-22-11 12:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD