I don't believe I have ever anticipated a new phone with any enthusiasm like this. So, I do not know how these things usually play out.

So, is it typical for a new phone to just suddenly "appear" as an available item on the wireless web site?

The 9930 could be available in 8 days and yet there are no official hints.

Is that typical?
    07-20-11 07:33 AM
    Adam recently did a great blog post which provides some insight into what you are asking about: Under the Zeis Lens: Examining the BlackBerry release timeline | CrackBerry.com
    07-20-11 07:52 AM
    Actually I think so. They usually announce the phone officially. Then, months, weeks, or days later they release it spontaneously and we hear about it online from blogs after seeing them available for purchase on carrier sites. We sometimes get dates slightly before but that depends on the carrier. We could see these phones launch out of no where.

I believe its even possible next week although most sites are pointing at august. I hope that rumor about verizon launching the 9930 next week turns true though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-11 07:53 AM
    Does anyone have info on the announcement of release date time frames? For example, Device Announcement, Release Date Announcement and Release? It looks like the blog post mentioned above only looks at Device Announcement and Release. I just was wondering if anyone could fill in the middle with release date announcement info.
    07-20-11 08:03 AM
    Does anyone have info on the announcement of release date time frames? For example, Device Announcement, Release Date Announcement and Release? It looks like the blog post mentioned above only looks at Device Announcement and Release. I just was wondering if anyone could fill in the middle with release date announcement info.
    Yeah I touched on that awhile ago. Hope this helps.

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...elease-619982/
    07-20-11 08:23 AM
    This is what they call Premature Infatuation!
    07-20-11 08:25 AM
    Aw, I may not rush out to buy the thing, but I'm just curious about how phones get released.

It's an interesting tradition to have no announcement or fanfare a few weeks before the release.
    07-20-11 08:47 AM
    in UK release date is 15 august 2011 according to my workplace(phones4u)
    07-20-11 12:12 PM
    in UK release date is 15 august 2011 according to my workplace(phones4u)
    pull some strings! i want mine now! my pre order is confirmed stop teasing!!!! also why the opposite to heavan (as you cant say it..) is the playbook 400!?!?! from you guys almost had a heart attack when i inquired today!
    07-20-11 12:43 PM
    As I remember some of the droids showed up at VZW pretty much unannounced. I also think that the carriers will come to the conclusion that the 9900 will already have a built in market for us fanbois. They will start advertising after release or maybe a day or 2 before. Just my opinion
    Last edited by travaz; 07-20-11 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Fingers faster than brain.
    07-20-11 12:58 PM
    I just think with as big of a deal as BB made of this device at BBWorld and is continually mentioning it and all the negativity out there currently that they would actually have a formal announcement of a release date, but who knows what they are thinking. I just hope they get here soon.
    07-20-11 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD