Hey Guys! I love this phone but I just found my first caveat!!

I previously had the Blackberry Tour on Sprint and if I get a text message while my phone is OFF and if I turn it on, the text will come in and tell me exactly what time the text message was sent whether it be yesterday..or whatever...Awesome!

Now with the 9930, if I turn my phone on, the text message time stamp will show 1 minute ago or however long I "just" received it after I turned on my phone. What gives?

So sometimes not noticing, you would think you just received that text message and you reply and not long after, feel like a dumbass because the sender would say, "bro" I sent that text to you a day ago!

Any solution here? Perhaps it's the OS version?
    09-16-11 09:51 AM
    It's possible that there is a 3rd party app that gives an exact time stamp for SMS, but by default, the Blackberry OS only shows the time the SMS was received on the device.
    09-16-11 12:26 PM
    Thanks for the reply but why they changed this? It was an awesome feature....
    09-16-11 12:30 PM
    Pls do battery pull for your device. ON and OFF the mobile doesn't solve the problem. I once encounter same issues after do battery pull its back to normal time.

Hey Guys! I love this phone but I just found my first caveat!!

I previously had the Blackberry Tour on Sprint and if I get a text message while my phone is OFF and if I turn it on, the text will come in and tell me exactly what time the text message was sent whether it be yesterday..or whatever...Awesome!

Now with the 9930, if I turn my phone on, the text message time stamp will show 1 minute ago or however long I "just" received it after I turned on my phone. What gives?

So sometimes not noticing, you would think you just received that text message and you reply and not long after, feel like a dumbass because the sender would say, "bro" I sent that text to you a day ago!

Any solution here? Perhaps it's the OS version?
    09-19-11 07:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD