BlackBerry 9900 "Pluto" spotted in leaked Rogers documents? -- Engadget

Does anyone remember this? this article was posted more than two years ago speculating the 9900. This goes to show that a device such as the 9900 should have been released 2 years ago. Hopefully the reaction RIM receives from its customers forces them to step up their game.

Ive been a blackberry fan boy for many years now, but its just getting frustrating lately. They release some of the most expensive devices on the market yet they can not do half of what ios, android, symbian, and w7. I'll try not to judge this book by its cover and wait until I can actually try a 9900, but I really hope RIM gets its act together and rises back to the top like they used to be.
    07-27-11 06:32 PM
    Hint: Read the update.
    07-27-11 07:19 PM
    Hint: Read the update.
    "Speculation"... i just find it kindve humourous that someone came up with the concept more than 2 years ago.
    07-27-11 07:36 PM
    There are many concepts that take years to come to fruition.
    07-27-11 07:55 PM
    hehe, I found it funny that you linked an article on engadget that references an article from crackberry! lol
    07-27-11 10:26 PM
    07-28-11 03:06 AM
    Glad they added the optical
    07-28-11 08:16 AM
    You don't think they had the idea for flat panel TV's long before they came out?

Got to think, a lot goes into the research and development, finding ways to make the technology work, at an affordable cost.

Take a look at the iPhone4, that is more the product they wish they launched with years back, but it took them how long to get to that, then it took them how many months to launch a WHITE version of the SAME device?

Don't dwell on the time frame, it is just a number in the end.
    07-28-11 08:49 AM
    Let's not forget the Magnum, which was supposed to be a touchscreen 9000, and which was subsequently and supposedly dropped in favor of the same/similar Dakota -- just go back to the first few threads in this subforum, also from two+ years ago.
    07-28-11 11:32 AM
    BlackBerry 9900 "Pluto" spotted in leaked Rogers documents? -- Engadget

Does anyone remember this? this article was posted more than two years ago speculating the 9900. This goes to show that a device such as the 9900 should have been released 2 years ago. Hopefully the reaction RIM receives from its customers forces them to step up their game.

Ive been a blackberry fan boy for many years now, but its just getting frustrating lately. They release some of the most expensive devices on the market yet they can not do half of what ios, android, symbian, and w7. I'll try not to judge this book by its cover and wait until I can actually try a 9900, but I really hope RIM gets its act together and rises back to the top like they used to be.

If it looked like that, I'm glad they didn't release it - that original leaked thing from Engadget is hideous. The 2 years of refinement seems like it's worth it.

And what are the other 50% of features that Android and iOS can do that BlackBerry can't? Besides brand-specific differentiations, I'd be surprised if you can list 5.
    07-28-11 12:14 PM
    Removing SurePress was worth the 2 year wait.
    07-28-11 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD