didn't really want to start two new threads, so, posting both questions in one

a. Is anyone having issues hiding preloaded icons? I hide them, in all panels, and the next thing I know is that they're back. I read somewhere to put them in a folder and just bury the folder, but I had issues with that--sort of froze and couldn't really do anything with the new folder which just created a new problem, lol (ended up having to do a battery pull to get the newly created, and deleted, folder to leave my screen). As for now, I've just moved the icons to the bottom of the tab and I just don't scroll down.

b. Is anyone having issues with the search feature? I have my search set solely for my contacts and I have edited that many times--unchecking the yellow page app and bing, yet, like the preloaded apps, they eventually filter their way back in. Any way to still keep the apps but make sure they don't magically appear in my searches?

Neither of the questions are life-altering issues--just minor annoyances. Once again, thanks, in advance, for any suggestions!
    11-21-11 11:22 PM
    i have hidden all my unwanted icons on my 9810, and they have remained hidden, so i'm not entirely sure why that would be happening to your bb7 phone

i do know a limited number of 99xx devices have been "bricking" for some users (different issue, i know... but), maybe this is another issue with the software

good news is, rim is actively working on an os update for the bold 99xx phone, so i definitely encourage you to update your phone when it is available

if you can recreate the problem for the retailer, they would probably exchange it for one that doesn't have these issues
    11-21-11 11:51 PM
    does your phone freeze each time you try and hide a newly created folder where you have placed the unwanted icons? or, did it happen just once?
    11-21-11 11:53 PM
    it's only frozen once on me, thankfully, lol, and when it froze, nothing went black, it just stopped--could still see the screen and all...simple battery pull solved everything
    11-23-11 09:32 AM
    a. Is anyone having issues hiding preloaded icons?
    I haven't had any problems. I create a folder called Crap and move all that junk in there. The I hide the folder.
    11-23-11 09:40 AM
    a. The icons are pushed to your device by your carrier so you can't delete them or they just come back. You can't delete the folder they are in either, but you can hide it. Create a new folder - I call mine "Bloatware" - and put the icons you don't want to see into it. Then highlight the folder, click the menu button and choose to hide the folder.

b. This was a problem with early versions of OS7, but it was solved around version 7.0.0.4XX. If you upgrade to 7.0.0.540, the latest official version, the problem will go away.
    11-23-11 09:45 AM
    a. The icons are pushed to your device by your carrier so you can't delete them or they just come back. You can't delete the folder they are in either, but you can hide it. Create a new folder - I call mine "Bloatware" - and put the icons you don't want to see into it. Then highlight the folder, click the menu button and choose to hide the folder.
    The OP isn't trying to delete them.

a. Is anyone having issues hiding preloaded icons? I hide them, in all panels, and the next thing I know is that they're back. I read somewhere to put them in a folder and just bury the folder, but I had issues with that--sort of froze and couldn't really do anything with the new folder which just created a new problem, lol (ended up having to do a battery pull to get the newly created, and deleted, folder to leave my screen). As for now, I've just moved the icons to the bottom of the tab and I just don't scroll down.
    11-23-11 09:52 AM
    am running .440...very recently, within the last week, did an update, official through ATT, on the OS...hadn't tried the folder thing since the update...did it a few minutes ago and it worked flawlessly

still having the issue with the search, so, hopefully when ATT decides to update to .540 that will take care of my other issue, lol

once again, thank you all so much for the help
    11-23-11 11:21 PM
    Those crapcons kept popping back up after I hid them. I put them in a folder and hid that folder. All has been well since then.
    11-24-11 05:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD